Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Car accidents are not fun.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    An uncle of mine died Saturday night. I saw him for the last time a couple of months ago, when the cancer that killed him wasn't as advanced and he still had his head right. He was more than ready to go and I know that death was a relief to him. May he rest in peace.

However, his surviving relatives don't know the meaning of the word "peace". There's a shitload of drama, bitching and general aggravation waiting to happen on the day of the funeral. It's going to be like a fucking reality tv show. Well behaved people would put aside their petty dispute and show respect for the deceased and his two children at least but nope; not happening. The bitch fest as already started and you'd better get ready to rummmmmmble!

Fuck people.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ophelia_ View Post
    Yep... We were out at a bar and he was ridiculously drunk, did it in front of me and all my friends and I absolutely lost my shit at him. Fair enough, we're not exclusive so he can do whatever he wants, but to do it in front of me when we had plans to go home together is just really fucked up. Not to mention it was really embarrassing having all my friends (and his) look at me like they felt sorry for me.

I didn't talk to him for the next few hours and then I think I drank so much to forget about it that I actually did forget about it, and ended up going home with him anyway... And then he made me post that cute pic of us together on fb (which was really cute). I DON'T KNOW HOW TO QUIT HIM. Someone help.
    You might not be exclusive but there is a thing called respect and maturity.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    You might not be exclusive but there is a thing called respect and maturity.
    Yep, and that's exactly what I said to him. It was so disrespectful and he has a lot to learn about maturity, but I guess that is what I get for banging a 22 year old. Don't see this going much further.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I am sad today. I don't have anything particularly awful that happened last night, or this morning to feel sad about, but I woke up feeling sad.

And it never really went away.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I work in an old folks' nursing home and so many people have been calling in sick at work that by tomorrow I will have worked 51 hours and nine days in a row. It's bloody exhausting.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hb13161705 View Post
    I work in an old folks' nursing home and so many people have been calling in sick at work that by tomorrow I will have worked 51 hours and nine days in a row. It's bloody exhausting.
    And fucking ridiculous.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    and I still can't move any further away from you. I will. I just need more time to wallow in my shit. Then I'll keep moving.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Got a knee to the thigh at a basketball game and its killing me right now. No time for rest- theres some work-related travel I have to do. Lot of walking in airports, and don't sore muscles and inflammations get worse in the air? Fuck.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    Got a knee to the thigh at a basketball game and its killing me right now. No time for rest- theres some work-related travel I have to do. Lot of walking in airports, and don't sore muscles and inflammations get worse in the air? Fuck.
    Ice, ice baby.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Having a CAT scan done today on my abdomen so that means I get to drink that super gross barium! Hope it's not cancer (again). Already beat it once as a kid (leukemia)...not sure if I have a round two in me. Maybe it'll be my gallbladder or pancreatitis...? Or none of those?!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Having a CAT scan done today on my abdomen so that means I get to drink that super gross barium! Hope it's not cancer (again). Already beat it once as a kid (leukemia)...not sure if I have a round two in me. Maybe it'll be my gallbladder or pancreatitis...? Or none of those?!
    Ugh, tests, ugh. I had a ton of tests done last week, including a painful cancer test, and mine came back benign this morning! i hope they find out what's wrong with you and that it's easily fixable.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-05-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Started a new job three weeks ago but it feels like i'm back in school. Everything is just a melodrama with these guys and all they do is bitch and moan. I can't stand the negativity. At lunch i've taken to just taking a walk outside to get away from them.

*Sigh* just another 5/6 weeks with these guys and then we split up onto existing teams.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've been living that for a year now. I see my previous job is back on the market....50% paycut (hours to match) but the best team ever.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I've been living that for a year now. I see my previous job is back on the market....50% paycut (hours to match) but the best team ever.
    Sometimes a pay cut is worth it if you enjoy your job and team mates but it's also a case if the pay lets you live the life you want to lead.

I don't understand that if you have to go into that place 8 hours a day, five times a week why you wouldn't want to make it as pleasant as possible? Even if you don't like some people at least keep the atmosphere respectable.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Kinda fucked, not so much for me but certainly scary as a result.

There was a house fire on my block about 9 houses away, i pretty much woke up to all the sirens and ruckus going on outside...... needless to say my nerves were all over the place.

Photos and a video here: http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mckenzie-l...laze-1.1948614

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Can this post be about how fucked this year has been for me? First up, my Fiance and I broke up back in April and she started dating someone else within a month. Then I bought a new (used) car, a 2007 Mini CooperS with only 26K miles on it and within a week I found out that the timing chain was fucked, the water pump pulley was damaged, and a thermostat gauge fired resulting in my car overheating. After this, I had a nervous breakdown based on the car, my ex, and work. I fly home to San Diego to take a break from life and spend time with my family. After a two weeks of unwinding, I make my way back up to Seattle in the Mini Cooper. Damn thing breaks down AGAIN while in Oakland and drop another $550 to get it up and running again. Back in Seattle, I'm home two days before my father suddenly passes away due to a blood clot in the heart. This blew my mind since I was just in the garden with him planting sunflowers. I lost my shit once again and had to fly back home to be with family. I finally buried my Dad with full military honors, and come back home to Seattle. I've been home for four days now and I just got a call from my mom that my Grandfather, the man who pretty much was my father figure when I was growing up, had passed away this morning surrounded by our family members.

So, with all of that being said, 2014 need to hurry up and be over with already. I dont know if I can handle anymore deaths......*sigh*
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 08-07-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Damn man. I'm gonna drink a beer for you tonight for sure… thats rough. RIP to both your father and grandfather.

Following that post, there is no need to rant about may "bad" day as I will sound like an utter douche.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Hey @NotoriousTIMP , that sounds rough, hang in there man, you have a NIN/SG show to look forward to. It may seem like little relief compared to what you have gone through lately, but at least it can ease the recent passings in your family. There's a slight chance I'll go to the Seattle show, I'll buy you a beer if that's the case.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Dam @NotoriousTIMP Definitely take some time for yourself... Condolences.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    i hate to hear all that shit @NotoriousTIMP .
    it also reminds me that i need to spend some time with my father.
    he's done as much drugs as me and he's 20 something years older

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    @NotoriousTIMP I'm sorry for your losses. Take care. If you need a shoulder to cry on, you know how to reach me.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Can this post be about how fucked this year has been for me?
    Hang in there, kiddo, you're a tough dude, this kind of a year would bring down the strongest people but you'll get through it. Your dad and grandpa are rooting for you from the other side and sending you hugs.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm very sorry for your losses @NotoriousTIMP . Also: what Allegro said.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Diagnosed with fatty liver. It would be funny if I wasn't in so much pain. You see, I don't drink. I don't smoke. I'm a vegetarian, in fact. It can be reversed...but life, diet wise, just got very fucking hard. Can't eat nuts and seeds due to other issues, so that kills off quite a few options right away.
    Hell of it is, yeah I'm a fat guy. I'm 6'0 and weight about 228. I didn't think I was that far over the line. I was very wrong. Fuck.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Diagnosed with fatty liver. It would be funny if I wasn't in so much pain. You see, I don't drink. I don't smoke. I'm a vegetarian, in fact. It can be reversed...but life, diet wise, just got very fucking hard. Can't eat nuts and seeds due to other issues, so that kills off quite a few options right away.
    Hell of it is, yeah I'm a fat guy. I'm 6'0 and weight about 228. I didn't think I was that far over the line. I was very wrong. Fuck.
    OMG I have that too and I'm a vegetarian as well. I know your pain (literally).

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Can this post be about how fucked this year has been for me? First up, my Fiance and I broke up back in April and she started dating someone else within a month. Then I bought a new (used) car, a 2007 Mini CooperS with only 26K miles on it and within a week I found out that the timing chain was fucked, the water pump pulley was damaged, and a thermostat gauge fired resulting in my car overheating. After this, I had a nervous breakdown based on the car, my ex, and work. I fly home to San Diego to take a break from life and spend time with my family. After a two weeks of unwinding, I make my way back up to Seattle in the Mini Cooper. Damn thing breaks down AGAIN while in Oakland and drop another $550 to get it up and running again. Back in Seattle, I'm home two days before my father suddenly passes away due to a blood clot in the heart. This blew my mind since I was just in the garden with him planting sunflowers. I lost my shit once again and had to fly back home to be with family. I finally buried my Dad with full military honors, and come back home to Seattle. I've been home for four days now and I just got a call from my mom that my Grandfather, the man who pretty much was my father figure when I was growing up, had passed away this morning surrounded by our family members.

So, with all of that being said, 2014 need to hurry up and be over with already. I dont know if I can handle anymore deaths......*sigh*

My solemn condolences.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    OMG I have that too and I'm a vegetarian as well. I know your pain (literally).
    Would you guys ever consider eating some meat, in light of your condition?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Nope. I don't think the lack of consumption of meat has to do with it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Too much cheese