Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    just found out via facebook that a friend of mine has died

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    This sounds so petty, but...my best friend dropped on us all yesterday that she's moving to NYC next month. My few local friends will now be upwards of half an hour's drive away, and I still can't afford to move out of my hometown. Plus, I'm gonna miss the hell out of her.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    So sorry for your loss and how you had to discover it.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    A friend of mine died of cancer this morning.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    A friend of mine died of cancer this morning.
    Ugh, I'm sorry. You too Jinsai. Cancer and death sucks!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    very sorry to hear it, wizfan and jinsai... i've lost both friends and relatives recently, and while both hurt, friends are always the hardest. hang in there, guys.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    I dont mean to make light of this thread or the above topics, but I just got home from work where I have been a temp for 23 months. Today they pulled all the temps in for a meeting and then told them that anyone who had been there over 18 months has 5 months to find a job before they are out on their ass, and theat any temps that have been there less than 18 months will be tossed when they hot thee 18 month mark. Needless to say people have been telling me they are looking for a full time position for me at the company (for the past year) now I find out they are basically just stringing me along. This is great. thanks asshole. so fucking pissed right now. love the fact that after telling us all fo this, they ask we have questions. GTFO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Family cat that has been around practically my entire life (she was 20, I'm 22) passed away this weekend. I'm glad it was peaceful for her, but it's weird and sad being in that house without that little ball of fur and attitude ruling the house anymore.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    A good friend of the family passed away last night. Used to baby sit me when I was young. ah life.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Come into work this morning and surprise: layoffs today. Thankfully, this round, I dodged the bullet. But a few friends and colleagues did not. Such a bummer all around.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    Come into work this morning and surprise: layoffs today. Thankfully, this round, I dodged the bullet. But a few friends and colleagues did not. Such a bummer all around.
    Survivor guilt always sucks.

My best friend at work might quit to take a job at another company. I am selfishly sad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I'm sorry to hear this Jinsai. I found out this year that my best friend from elementary school died through Facebook... a year later. No one contacted me or anything... she and I were inseparable as children, so hearing something like that through social media, I know, feels so cold.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    My next-door neighbor's house is literally on fire. And they are the NICEST people.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Fuck you Western Digital. I will never buy any piece of shit you make or even endorse. I hate your company so much it makes me want to start screaming while I frantically bash my head against everything within reach.

Thanks a lot assholes. Just as I was finishing mixing down my album that I've been working on for years, my effected renders are fucked, and my sample banks are all missing. I guess it's my fault that I can't find one of those sample banks, but no it isn't, it's you Western Digital, you fucking bastards. I will throw a party the day your fuckers go out of business.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

No backups dude?

And yea. WD is CRAP. I don't trust those drives half as far as I can throw them. I've never had more failures than with WD drives.

The sucky part is, they bought my favorite drive manufacturer. HITACHI. Jury is still out on whether hitachi is going to suck now.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I've never had a problem with WD. Well, that's a lie. My external hard drive stopped working for month, and for some reason, I got the feeling to plug the cord in the opposite way I usually do(the prongs on it are the same size.). Worked like a charm afterwards, hasn't had a problem since. I, of course, backed it up though. Better safe than sorry.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ugh... did not expect to be doing cocaine all night which kept me up until 5:30 am having to go to work at 7:30. I was going to take a couple lines and then go to sleep at a decent hour.. but getting caught up in endless articles about random shit kept me up all night. I work for a pool company in the hamptons so showing up to work 2 hours late and getting all my work done in a decent amount of time makes this not so bad, but the longest 8 hours of my life!

Laying down for the first time tonight: Serenity.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    One of the guys I was good friends with back in my teen years has gone missing in Scotland. I'm still pretty good friends with his sister and I just feel horrible for them right now.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^
    That's terrible! I hope he'll be found safe soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The last 24 hours have sucked so hard. We broke up yesterday, I kinda sensed it might be coming but I'm still completely guttered that we're finished. I can't remember the last time I felt so bad, I feel shell-shocked or something. She's staying at her mum's for a couple of nights, so I'm just here by myself. I really don't know what to do about living arrangements, we rent a house with a guy we know so we share the rent 3-ways, we're gonna need to give at least a month's notice to the landlord. I don't really want to stay here (especially when it's just me and the housemate, who's an arse), it's a big house with too many memories of us. But moving back in with the folks is just about the last thing I want to do. The thought of going to work tomorrow makes me feel sick, but I can't spend any more time on my own. Fuck this.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    ^^
    That's terrible! I hope he'll be found safe soon.
    Thanks dear, but there's going to be no happy ending for this. I can't really say anything until six hours from now but there's a reason I've been at the vodka...

EDIT: http://www.donegaldaily.com/2013/07/...gal-man-barry/ it's public. Sleep easy, big fella. Also, his sister is a big NIN fan (she doesn't do the online fandom), some of the UK fans will remember her from doing a few shows with me.
    Last edited by slave2thewage; 07-25-2013 at 09:41 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Damn, dude, sorry to hear.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Thanks dear, but there's going to be no happy ending for this. I can't really say anything until six hours from now but there's a reason I've been at the vodka...

EDIT: http://www.donegaldaily.com/2013/07/...gal-man-barry/ it's public. Sleep easy, big fella. Also, his sister is a big NIN fan (she doesn't do the online fandom), some of the UK fans will remember her from doing a few shows with me.
    That is so sad. And he was only 25 years old? It's just heartbreaking. My condolences to you and to his family.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    That is so sad. And he was only 25 years old? It's just heartbreaking. My condolences to you and to his family.
    Technically, he was 24 when he passed. He disappeared three days before his 25th birthday.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

^^^. So sorry.

This dying young thing is just so dreadful. Just this week, a teen with anorexia and a kid in a motorcycle wreck. Makes you really want to hold your friends and family tight and live every day to its fullest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've worked my brains out for the last two years and am currently on vacation. I'm with my woman in a country where I don't speak the language and I can't read the writing, so I have to rely on her interpretations. Problem is, we fight way more than what would be considered normal, and the line drawn for this vacation was that the shit was going to stop. Well, today was another big one, and I spent half the day - while she was out - finding taxi services, hotels, a train to the city that has the airport out of the country, and airline contact info on how to cancel my vacation early and go back home. I would rather be at work. I would rather cancel the vacation, go home, get my stuff and move out into another place than deal with this shit any longer ... Now, to be clear, I didn't go through with it; I gave her the chance to apologize, and though she came back nicer, she has yet to apologize for her actions. Maybe this whole thing blows over, but it's just the FACT that I spent a good chunk of my long overdue vacation in pure anger and frustration enough to call the whole thing off.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    My boss just took another job within my big ass corporation. I'm so sad. I really liked him, he let me do my job without micromanaging and was super smart. I know he also protected me and the others on our team from a lot of the corporate bullshit up to and including retaining us and laying off others. Overall business is meh so now I feel even less protected. Thankfully, his boss, I've known for a while is going to "temporarily" have us report to him. That could mean we get a new manager (massive unknown) or he divides us up across other managers. This is a good paying gig that I don't really want to give up, but this big ass corporation is on a downward trend having been #1 or 2 in the industry for yeeeeeeeeeeeeears. Really kills my productivity plus pushes me to really evaluate my career.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Never mind.
    Last edited by Amaro; 08-14-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    My girlfriend just broke up with me via text after drunkenly calling me on Friday telling me she cheated on me about a month ago with her ex. We've been together two and a half years and we have a daughter.
    And I'm the one in the wrong?
    Wow...

My sympathy is going to you.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Good news guys! She says she's overreacted.
    So, she didn't cheat on you?