Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1210

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    322 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    you realize you are basically UNdoing something nice that I said, right? That, you know, a lot of people buy large as a default and the large hoodie likely wasn't meant to be a commentary on @Boots ' size?
    i was just giving you a little anecdote as that issue relates to me. sorry!

The Part of Texas Where Motherfuckers Actually Wear Cowboy Hats and Whatnot
    Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i was just giving you a little anecdote as that issue relates to me. sorry!
    it's all to the good; I didn't think you meant any harm.
    @Boots , consider this: I got @thelastdisciple a couple of shirts for xmas. I know he wears Large. But I ordered XL because I wanted it to survive multiple washings without shrinking too much, NOT because I think he's fat.
    You see what I mean?
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-30-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    i've been pushing my 71-year-old mom to adopt a pet. she lives alone in a huge house. she finally did last week, a 10-week-old kitten. she named her betty after my grandma. betty was okay and adjusting until tuesday when she had a seizure. by the sounds the little kitty was making, it was obviously painful. the seizures kept coming and within a few hours her little heart stopped. she died in my mom's lap.

i doubt she'll ever adopt again. my mom can't catch a goddamn break.
    Last edited by kel; 12-30-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    dilly dilly

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    We came home from an NYE celebration in the small hours to find that our beloved ragdoll kitty, Percy, could no longer move his rear legs. My SO took him to an emergency vet; blood clot and saddle thrombosis.

He would never have regained the use of his legs. He was put to sleep this afternoon; I rejoined them in time to say goodbye.

He was almost ten years old.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i've been pushing my 71-year-old mom to adopt a pet. she lives alone in a huge house. she finally did last week, a 10-week-old kitten. she named her betty after my grandma. betty was okay and adjusting until tuesday when she had a seizure. by the sounds the little kitty was making, it was obviously painful. the seizures kept coming and within a few hours her little heart stopped. she died in my mom's lap.

i doubt she'll ever adopt again. my mom can't catch a goddamn break.
    That is fucking horrible and I am so sorry

Mentioned
    736 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    We came home from an NYE celebration in the small hours to find that our beloved ragdoll kitty, Percy, could no longer move his rear legs. My SO took him to an emergency vet; blood clot and saddle thrombosis.
    I’m so sorry, my condolences. You did the right thing, saddle thrombosis is horribly painful.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    @kel @ Shadaloo

I am so sorry for your losses. My condolences to you both.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Took a long lunch break to meet a friend at a local wine bar. Got there, parking was crappy so I valeted my car. While I am sitting waiting for my friend to arrive, the valet (a young kid) runs in and asks me if I have a spare key to my car.

I told him no, then asked why I would ever need to have a spare key to my car on hand. He told me the key accidentally got locked in the car. I automatically asked him "is the car running?" to which he frowned and replied yes.

So here I am, my key locked in my running car, while it is blocking the valet dropoff and parkinglot. It stressed me way the hell out, to the point where my lunch wasnt as enjoyable as I wanted it to be. After about an hour, they got someone to come unlock it, and promptly parked it. They comped my lunch with my friend so not all was lost.

In retrospect, its pretty amusing, but things like that stress me out easily. Just thought I'd share a little story.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I just ended another relationship. Moving on.