Page 37 of 69 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 2047

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    @Louie_Cypher , so sorry for your loss. I'm sure you did right by your friend and did a great job. And I think your friend is in a much better place with scantily-clad hula dancers and golf games and beer.
    thanks @allegro was tough but but things continue
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 08-07-2017 at 08:15 AM. Reason: must be monday

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    @Sarah K @Louie_Cypher My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Loving our family and friends, doing our best is all we can do. *hugs all around*

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    thank you so much

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    my brave buddy Charz has put up a crazy fight... but it's looking like it's going to have to happen tonight or tomorrow morning...

Sleep tight my friend, we'll see each other soon.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I decided to leave another forum because it was too cliquey and no one replied to my threads. I really shouldn't have more than one forum in my life. I need to do some other stuff too. I waste too much time. Sometimes you just need a push. It lets you know when it's time to move on.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Jinsai , so sorry

What a beautiful doggy.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I think there are assholes at almost every website You just have learn not to take stuff personally. Trolls often have issues that have nothing to do with you.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Maybe the reason I keep having so many bad online experiences is because God wants me to do something else with my time... like drawing, painting, or writing. Everything happens for a reason. I went to art school for 6 years and I have a diploma in journalism. But I never seem to do anything productive on the weekend. Maybe the universe is trying to kick me in the right direction. If Leonardo Davinci had been born in 1990, he might never have painted the Mona Lisa or anything else. Too many distractions.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

How fucked was your day?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    my brave buddy Charz has put up a crazy fight... but it's looking like it's going to have to happen tonight or tomorrow morning...

Sleep tight my friend, we'll see each other soon.

Oh @Jinsai . I'm so sorry. Those Goldens have golden souls. He knows you are doing best by him. I believe those dogs feel you.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    Oh @Jinsai. I'm so sorry. Those Goldens have golden souls. He knows you are doing best by him. I believe those dogs feel you.
    Thank you... it's been kind of an emotional roller coaster, but in a Christmas miracle twist, he keeps hanging in there... There's no pain, and after speaking to another doctor, they think they can try a surgical procedure that might keep him going for another year... At this point, I'm so heartbroken, that unless he's in pain, I'll try anything to keep him hanging around... though this already hasn't been cheap, and if we move to do this procedure and then try chemo, it's about to get a lot more expensive fast....

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Thank you... it's been kind of an emotional roller coaster, but in a Christmas miracle twist, he keeps hanging in there... There's no pain, and after speaking to another doctor, they think they can try a surgical procedure that might keep him going for another year... At this point, I'm so heartbroken, that unless he's in pain, I'll try anything to keep him hanging around... though this already hasn't been cheap, and if we move to do this procedure and then try chemo, it's about to get a lot more expensive fast....
    i'm very sorry he's sick. i just buried my cat and that was fucked up, but i have an american bulldog who takes every step i take and sleeps in the bed with us and i know that losing him is going to be closer to losing a person. i will say a prayer for Charz.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    My cat had been sick for a week and had to be hospitalized for a very bad fever and anemia. She, like my other four cats, had been a stray.

Turns out she had feline leukemia. I had to put her to sleep today.

Now I have to worry about the other cats, because this spreads through casual contact. Even water and food bowls. I have a feeling I have a heapload of sadness coming in the next year.

She was a very sweet girl. She was purring when she went.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    My cat had been sick for a week and had to be hospitalized for a very bad fever and anemia. She, like my other four cats, had been a stray.

Turns out she had feline leukemia. I had to put her to sleep today.

Now I have to worry about the other cats, because this spreads through casual contact. Even water and food bowls. I have a feeling I have a heapload of sadness coming in the next year.

She was a very sweet girl. She was purring when she went.

oh, no i'm so, so sorry.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    @jessamineny She was a beautiful girl. Run free at the Rainbow Bridge, darling.

I am so sorry for your loss and I hope your other kitties are going to be fine. *hugs and smooches*

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    That's very sad, @jessamineny — sorry to hear you had to go through that.

I'm very aware of how old my feline buddy Pesto is getting, and it's making me appreciate our time together more.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Very sorry to hear this terrible news, @jessamineny. I hope your other cats turn out to be just fine.
    @Jinsai Hope your buddy gets some more time with you. You are a very good dogfather.
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-25-2017 at 07:18 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Surgery went well, starting tomorrow I guess I'm getting my last run with him... We'll see how long that is..

when it ends and see him again I'm gonna chase him down and hug him forever

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Surgery went well, starting tomorrow I guess I'm getting my last run with him... We'll see how long that is..

when it ends and see him again I'm gonna chase him down and hug him forever
    man i hope it lasts a good long while.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I spent many hours writing a short story for a friend. He didn't read it. He didn't even care. I think I'm going to become a hermit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My best friend killed himself last Wednesday. I was surprised at first, and now I’m feeling “numb” for a lack of a better word about it. Is there something wrong with me? Why am I feeling nothing?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN64 View Post
    My best friend killed himself last Wednesday. I was surprised at first, and now I’m feeling “numb” for a lack of a better word about it. Is there something wrong with me? Why am I feeling nothing?
    Oh, my, I'm so very very sorry. I have not had someone close to me commit suicide, but that seems like a very natural reaction. Maybe self-protective, until you're ready to start processing the emotions. I'll send all the good thoughts I can your way.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I am so sorry for your loss, @NIN64

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I don't want to bring my personal experience into this, because ultimately it will be unhelpful, but no, feeling numb is natural. You're going to probably feel terrible too... and you're going to be staggered by the meaningless of it.

I'm sorry. Remember- none of this is in any way your fault, and nothing here could have been something you could have prevented.

Your friend was hurting, but what they did wasn't selfish... It's horrible, but what they did was how many people die of a disease. Suicide is how depression kills people.

Right now, you're going to be hit by waves of awful emotions. Make sure that you take care of yourself. Right now, that matters a lot. Make yourself as comfortable as you can right now, and prepare for something that nobody should have to go through. It's going to be hard.

Try to remember your friend in good terms. Don't dwell. Don't obsess over questions why they chose to do this... it's a question you will never get a satisfactory answer to.
    I think that sort of choice is impossible to understand unless you're sympathetic to it... and it's not healthy to go there.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I feel like I'm hogging this thread with stuff about my dog, but today they told me "this is the end, make a plan for him to be put down or you'll watch him die in an agonizing way that will traumatize you."

And I wasn't even arguing with them... I was telling them that my dad loves this dog, and he has a strange roadblock there... he won't let him go. He keeps telling me "he looks FINE" when I said he doesn't, and then I take him down to the vet while he says "why?" and then they discover that the surgery failed, and he's going to die.

I'm trying to be strong for my dad... I've never seen him this broken up about ANYTHING. I'm trying to hang in there for my brother, who might love this dog more than me, but he lives hundreds of miles away and can't say goodbye. Selfishly, I'm trying to make sure I don't get too upset, and I'm also putting on my game face for my big boy, who's so..... slow and lethargic.

If I could convince everyone around me to end it now, while he's peaceful and happy, I would. That's how I want him to go.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    If I could convince everyone around me to end it now, while he's peaceful and happy, I would. That's how I want him to go.
    Isn't this YOUR dog?

I've been where you are, several times. It sucks and ultimately all you're doing is delaying the inevitable or choosing a less awful way to go. And that's something others (like your Dad) don't want to accept. There will be no miracles, only more suffering for the dog and grief either now or later.

My only advise would be PLEASE, don't consider anything other than your pet. Your vet is an advocate FOR YOUR DOG. And if your VET says it's time, IT'S TIME. Euthanizing our pets is the ultimate act of love. It's the LEAST we can do for them, since they spend their lifetime loving us unconditionally. Their trust in us is unfailing, and that includes now. They count on us to put them first and to love them no matter how hard that might get.

Do your pal a favor; help him, think only of him. Be strong for your DOG. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-01-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    He's my dog... my family has grown really attached to him, and it's making it harder. I'm going to do what's right, even if it hurts like nothing else.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    so sorry, @Jinsai . life's most cruel joke is the average lifespan of these angels. wishing you comfort in this shitty time.

@NIN64 , thoughts and prayers to you and your friend's loved ones.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    we just put him to sleep... I don't have words to explain how I feel right now

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I definitely empathize, and I'm so very sorry. ::hugs::

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm sorry to hear about this. My wife and I just had to put our British Shorthair to sleep this morning (kidneys). He was 17 1/2 years old. I had him since I was 20...almost half my life. It's never easy. I'm sorry for your loss.