Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.09.03 - Los Angeles, CA Secret KROQ show at the Troubadour

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Fingers crossed so hard. And I misread and thought you had to just call on the hour. Lady on the phone wasn't amused.
    Indeed. She is a bitch. Unwilling to help give any info at all. Tried to ask a few questions and she hung up.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    i've never hated the busy signal so much before.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    i've never hated the busy signal so much before.
    It is reassuring knowing I am not the only one

These winners are not even getting excited that they win. I get on that line and you will hear screaming and swearing. Not just "oh, cool". Fucking assholes.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Got through too late (of course), but she was nice this time. Guess I gotta check in with this awful station every hour...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    You know what's awesome? Having to listen to KROQ on the day Hesitation Marks leaks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    You know what's awesome? Having to listen to KROQ on the day Hesitation Marks leaks.
    I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in over two years and it's grinding me so much to listen to it all day. I better win this afternoon because I don't know if my brain can take this for four more days.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Good luck, LA!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When KROQ did the same for Depeche Mode, there was ABSOLUTELY NO WAY INTO THE SHOW. Me and my girlfriend, along with about 50-100 other people waited outside for about 5 hours in hopes of getting in. They said 'maybe if it doesn't reach capacity' - But it did. We left once Depeche Mode's 3rd song played with not a single hint of it working out for us. They only played about 6 songs.

As for NIN, they'll probably play more. But maybe not? They only did 3 songs for that special Year Zero secret show right? But then again, they did a full set at the Echoplex.

Long story short, it's almost impossible to win tickets, and even more impossible to sneak in, or wait in line in hopes to get in.

But with that said, I will gladly do whatever it takes to get in... I fly back in from Utah that night so I'd probably just go straight to the venue and ask a friend to take my luggage home.

Likewise, if anyone gets a plus one, or plus two, please let me know... I will somehow make it worth your while During the last four shows (last time around) I let some good folks stay at my apartment in return for their plus one / plus two.

Unfortunately I don't my laminates from shows past will work on this show... Neither will wristbands... They were really strict with Depeche Mode. Normally I can sweet talk or sneak into any show, but not for Depeche Mode at Troubadour. No sir.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Just want to throw this out there: if anyone does manage to win and can offer me their guest ticket, they can be my guest at the Saturday Vegas Tension show -- presale floor tix, early entrance, etc.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wakeupjon View Post
    As for NIN, they'll probably play more. But maybe not? They only did 3 songs for that special Year Zero secret show right? But then again, they did a full set at the Echoplex.
    They played 6 songs at the OSR show before the riot police hauled us out of there. However, the setlist included WITT and Last, which are both rare songs, WITT more than Last. I'm betting that the set list is more along the lines of the Scala show.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Didn't occur to me that this would be a "mini" show. I suppose that makes sense. I feel bad for Trent having to shill for KROQ in the promo they keep playing, haha. The cost of the awesome promotional blitz he got from his shiny, new label.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    I am in Minnesota
    Ha! I always thought you were in Green Bay, with the "frozen tundra" avatar location.

Fuck do I hate the Packers.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I should also add that I'll tape this show for everyone to enjoy assuming it wont be broadcast on KROQ.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Reading the rules again. You have to be part of KROQ's streetteam to win on the website.
    That's only for the other contests. You don't need to be a Street Team member for the NIN giveaway.

That said, according to the rules, they're only giving away 1 pair of tickets via the web entry form. lol

For the call-in giveaways, they're giving away 65 pairs.

And that's it. I guess the rest of the tickets are reserved for other uses/promotions.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    You still have to be a California resident, though.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    That's only for the other contests. You don't need to be a Street Team member for the NIN giveaway.

That said, according to the rules, they're only giving away 1 pair of tickets via the web entry form. lol

For the call-in giveaways, they're giving away 65 pairs.

And that's it. I guess the rest of the tickets are reserved for other uses/promotions.
    Jeez, what a bunch of fuckery. ONE PAIR on the webform? Glad to hear so soon that it's not worth getting hopes up. That said, I'll still try and check in with the dumb station every hour while at work. Maybe.

Edit: I kind of hope just on principle that it IS a portion of a show, ha.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    Didn't occur to me that this would be a "mini" show.
    I hope it's not a mini show. Unless I don't win tickets, then I hope they only play 5 older hits and call it a night.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Wait, since this show is on release day, maybe they'll play all new stuff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got my entry in. Luckily, I took some days off that week for no reason 2 months ago. ::Crossing fingers::
    Last edited by LenaMHJBKZ2; 08-28-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    You still have to be a California resident, though.
    I quite like that, actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LenaMHJBKZ2 View Post
    Got my entry in. Luckily, I have a took some days off that week for no reason 2 months ago. ::Crossing fingers::
    Same here! I just took 09/03 off from work just to extend labor day weekend. I really hope we win.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tested tunein app yesterday, about 30s-1minute behind live radio.

Anyone know how far off the website is from live radio?

I programmed KROQ into my office phone ^_^

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Entered with the online form. Didn't realize it was only one pair of tickets for that, as opposed to sixty-five for listening and calling. Ah well, at least I entered. I don't really feel like listening to the station all week anyway, but I hope you guys all win who are putting in the time.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshata View Post
    Entered with the online form. Didn't realize it was only one pair of tickets for that, as opposed to sixty-five for listening and calling. Ah well, at least I entered. I don't really feel like listening to the station all week anyway, but I hope you guys all win who are putting in the time.
    *:01 - *:16 of every hour...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    *:01 - *:16 of every hour...
    That's not true. Though those times held true for most of the day yesterday, last night the 5 o'clock hour was closer to 0:30 and the 8 o'clock hour was near 0:45.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Some enterprising soul should hook up an FM radio to a speech-to-text engine, which is in turn hooked into a password-protected ETS-member-only IRC channel which y'all could then watch for keywords. Totally worth it!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fragility3.1 View Post
    That's not true. Though those times held true for most of the day yesterday, last night the 5 o'clock hour was closer to 0:30 and the 8 o'clock hour was near 0:45.
    thanks for the info

GOD I hate radio contests so much. Got 4 minutes worth of busy signals then a "sorry too late". But hey, at least I got through this time.

//edit

I think I would have had better luck trying to get Scala tickets.
    Last edited by TheRealNs1; 08-27-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It is reassuring knowing I am not the only one

These winners are not even getting excited that they win. I get on that line and you will hear screaming and swearing. Not just "oh, cool". Fucking assholes.
    You guys are hearing the winners getting selected via the radio??????!

Does anyone know if you do make caller #9 that you'll speak to somebody or not??

I'm not sure if all winners won't be informed that they won or not until friday. I'm under the impression that they're calling all winners after pm on friday after the contest ends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's seriously impossible to win. I tried all day yesterday and when I finally got through I was caller two LAME. I might just give up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    guys the online stream is at least a minute behind.