Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: 2013.09.03 - Los Angeles, CA Secret KROQ show at the Troubadour

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Hey that's me! Hope those were somewhat enjoyable. I was really super short, and toward the back. There was a really tall dude, and i was trying to be courteous to the people sitting at the bar.

If you want to check out my instagram, my handle on there is also Jetsetter23

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay...WOOOOH that was really something special. So for those of you that have never been to the troubadour it is literally a bar with a stage, i am not shitting you it is no larger than a garage from the stage to the bar (as in the garage door is one end and the house is the other). There was no such thing as a backstage so every piece of equipment was slammed against the sides. Josh's bass guitars were next to me, on the other side of the very small fence. The stage was probably 2 feet in arms reach, and i was on the side. Oddly enough there was a cd and vinyl unopened and hidden behind the row of bass guitars.

its 1:39 am over here so ill post more tomorrow and when my friend uploads the slightly better photos taken.

from what i remember, the setlist was mostly older songs.

they played sanctified, they played im afraid of americans (no special guests), they played warning, dissapointed, came back, find my way, line begins to blur, and la mer.

they were going to play suck and tdtwwwa before hurt but the guitars were fucking up so trent said they switched to "plan b"

probably due to the incredibly small size, trent was talking to the audience so much. Saying that the stage "was too small and you cant hide behind anything"

he also said that they actually have to play this show since they are usually replaced by robots and they are catching up on breaking bad backstage (i shit you not he said this)

la mer was completely spot on with the album version

no backdrop or anything...just stage lights

it was fucking hot in there, there was no ventilation whatsoever.

also Skrillex was there and i saw him in his car trying to drive away while a guy asked him about nin

ILL POST MORE TOMORROW SORRY IF THIS IS REALLY SPOTTY ITS 1 AM

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Did the Line Begins to Blur get played? It's on the setlist photo but not the setlist.fm. That would be cool if it was

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    let's give it up for TDTWWA and TLBTB returning to the setlists. even if they weren't played last night, Trent has 'em rehearsed and ready to go.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

some videos are showing up on youtube
    Anyone recorded La Mer? Or even better: anyone recorded the whole show?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The Line Begins to Blur was played last night.

I tried to record le mer, but I was by the bar and there were some 40 year old goth girls talking through it.
    Ive never understood people who come to shows to talk. I know drinking added to their desire to yammer.

I hope someone did record show!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Discobunny View Post
    Hey that's me! Hope those were somewhat enjoyable. I was really super short, and toward the back. There was a really tall dude, and i was trying to be courteous to the people sitting at the bar.

If you want to check out my instagram, my handle on there is also Jetsetter23
    I'm so glad you got in. Your videos were just fine, thanks for sharing! Sorry I wasn't sure if you were on ETS since the change.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...ow-live-review

I'm no fucking journalist, but at least I know how to do a little research and independent confirmation.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    So, I got a recording from the show.... Sad thing is, taper got busted at the door bringing his recorder and mic in.... So he had to opt to record with his galaxy S4 with audio. Better than nothing I guess. I haven't listened to it yet. But he said it was blown out in certain spots. Bummer.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Time out...Josh Freese was there playing keyboards and percussion, too?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I hope a full recording of the show gets released. I'd absolutely love to hear La Mer and Somewhat Damaged.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Time out...Josh Freese was there playing keyboards and percussion, too?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I hope a full recording of the show gets released. I'd absolutely love to hear La Mer and Somewhat Damaged.
    only for the perfect drug. they needed two drummers.
    . . . j/k! it was a mistake in the article.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    only for the perfect drug. they needed two drummers.
    . . . j/k! it was a mistake in the article.
    Anyone who fully understands this quote has spent way too much time reading NIN related articles.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Full recording up thanks to Mixter_ but read the comments on the recording before downloading.

http://reflectinginthechrome.com/sho.../20130903.html

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Anyone who fully understands this quote has spent way too much time reading NIN related articles.
    errrrr..... what drug?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This sounds like it was amazing. Congrats to those who got to go!

I'm jelly, bro.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    Full recording up thanks to Mixter_ but read the comments on the recording before downloading.

http://reflectinginthechrome.com/sho.../20130903.html
    Nice! Just downloaded it...can't wait to hear how Somewhat Damaged sounds now...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Nice! Just downloaded it...can't wait to hear how Somewhat Damaged sounds now...
    Actually, if that's the main song you're looking for, you might want to get the Made in America recording from two days earlier. Soundboard recording including Somewhat Damaged.

Of course, I recommend both because I'm a freak like that, but if you really want to hear a 2013 version of Somewhat Damaged go to the MIA show first.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Thanks, Kyle (it's weird to write that...my name, too).

I've been so out of the loop with NIN and bootlegs the last few years. I'll definitely get it now!

EDIT: Downloading now...how fucking cool and random to have SD in the middle of the set like that. I love it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    So, I got a recording from the show.... Sad thing is, taper got busted at the door bringing his recorder and mic in.... So he had to opt to record with his galaxy S4 with audio. Better than nothing I guess. I haven't listened to it yet. But he said it was blown out in certain spots. Bummer.
    What happened to NIN's open taping policy? Was this just venue staff being ignorant?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    What happened to NIN's open taping policy? Was this just venue staff being ignorant?
    No taping policy this time around.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    "Lotta fuckin' tambourine tonight!" —Trent Reznor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm still so sad I wasn't able to get in. I had over 15 raffle tickets and stayed outside the venue for hours. Sigh.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    There is a nice review of the show on the LA times entertainment page.
    I stood by the reporter during the show. Nice Guy...and he got it right. It was really great to read an article by someone who didnt just mail it in with the usual canned comments about NIN and Trent being a sad panda.

If you have a minute, go show him some love in the comments section.

I post a link later, Im still at work and typing on an ipad.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^^ thank you 4 the times review!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

Thanks for posting! I read it on my work computer....my work frowns on messageboards, and my ipad is in need of an update.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...ow-live-review

I'm no fucking journalist, but at least I know how to do a little research and independent confirmation.
    I AM (okay, was) a journalist, and I had to read that several times before seeing what the hell you were talking about. I think I've seen Josh too many times in too many different bands; his name just kind of blends in now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I AM (okay, was) a journalist, and I had to read that several times before seeing what the hell you were talking about. I think I've seen Josh too many times in too many different bands; his name just kind of blends in now.
    Whenever I see biographical or fact-based information that I already know (like listing the band members), I just skip it. So it took me a few times as well.