Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 181 to 208 of 208

Thread: 2013.09.03 - Los Angeles, CA Secret KROQ show at the Troubadour

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Hey that's me! Hope those were somewhat enjoyable. I was really super short, and toward the back. There was a really tall dude, and i was trying to be courteous to the people sitting at the bar.

    If you want to check out my instagram, my handle on there is also Jetsetter23

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Laguna Niguel, California
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay...WOOOOH that was really something special. So for those of you that have never been to the troubadour it is literally a bar with a stage, i am not shitting you it is no larger than a garage from the stage to the bar (as in the garage door is one end and the house is the other). There was no such thing as a backstage so every piece of equipment was slammed against the sides. Josh's bass guitars were next to me, on the other side of the very small fence. The stage was probably 2 feet in arms reach, and i was on the side. Oddly enough there was a cd and vinyl unopened and hidden behind the row of bass guitars.


    its 1:39 am over here so ill post more tomorrow and when my friend uploads the slightly better photos taken.

    from what i remember, the setlist was mostly older songs.

    they played sanctified, they played im afraid of americans (no special guests), they played warning, dissapointed, came back, find my way, line begins to blur, and la mer.

    they were going to play suck and tdtwwwa before hurt but the guitars were fucking up so trent said they switched to "plan b"


    probably due to the incredibly small size, trent was talking to the audience so much. Saying that the stage "was too small and you cant hide behind anything"

    he also said that they actually have to play this show since they are usually replaced by robots and they are catching up on breaking bad backstage (i shit you not he said this)

    la mer was completely spot on with the album version

    no backdrop or anything...just stage lights

    it was fucking hot in there, there was no ventilation whatsoever.

    also Skrillex was there and i saw him in his car trying to drive away while a guy asked him about nin


    ILL POST MORE TOMORROW SORRY IF THIS IS REALLY SPOTTY ITS 1 AM

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Christchurch, New Zealand
    Posts
    315
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Did the Line Begins to Blur get played? It's on the setlist photo but not the setlist.fm. That would be cool if it was

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    warsaw, pl
    Posts
    317
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    let's give it up for TDTWWA and TLBTB returning to the setlists. even if they weren't played last night, Trent has 'em rehearsed and ready to go.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    336
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4gopkAFpGc

    some videos are showing up on youtube
    Anyone recorded La Mer? Or even better: anyone recorded the whole show?

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Line Begins to Blur was played last night.

    I tried to record le mer, but I was by the bar and there were some 40 year old goth girls talking through it.
    Ive never understood people who come to shows to talk. I know drinking added to their desire to yammer.

    I hope someone did record show!

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    655
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Discobunny View Post
    Hey that's me! Hope those were somewhat enjoyable. I was really super short, and toward the back. There was a really tall dude, and i was trying to be courteous to the people sitting at the bar.

    If you want to check out my instagram, my handle on there is also Jetsetter23
    I'm so glad you got in. Your videos were just fine, thanks for sharing! Sorry I wasn't sure if you were on ETS since the change.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    34.167488, -118.381863
    Posts
    774
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...ow-live-review


    I'm no fucking journalist, but at least I know how to do a little research and independent confirmation.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    So, I got a recording from the show.... Sad thing is, taper got busted at the door bringing his recorder and mic in.... So he had to opt to record with his galaxy S4 with audio. Better than nothing I guess. I haven't listened to it yet. But he said it was blown out in certain spots. Bummer.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Time out...Josh Freese was there playing keyboards and percussion, too?

    FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I hope a full recording of the show gets released. I'd absolutely love to hear La Mer and Somewhat Damaged.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    837
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Time out...Josh Freese was there playing keyboards and percussion, too?

    FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I hope a full recording of the show gets released. I'd absolutely love to hear La Mer and Somewhat Damaged.
    only for the perfect drug. they needed two drummers.
    .
    .
    .
    . . . j/k! it was a mistake in the article.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    739
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    only for the perfect drug. they needed two drummers.
    .
    .
    .
    . . . j/k! it was a mistake in the article.
    Anyone who fully understands this quote has spent way too much time reading NIN related articles.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Full recording up thanks to Mixter_ but read the comments on the recording before downloading.

    http://reflectinginthechrome.com/sho.../20130903.html

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,715
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    Anyone who fully understands this quote has spent way too much time reading NIN related articles.
    errrrr..... what drug?

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    99
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This sounds like it was amazing. Congrats to those who got to go!





    I'm jelly, bro.

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    Full recording up thanks to Mixter_ but read the comments on the recording before downloading.

    http://reflectinginthechrome.com/sho.../20130903.html
    Nice! Just downloaded it...can't wait to hear how Somewhat Damaged sounds now...

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,715
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Nice! Just downloaded it...can't wait to hear how Somewhat Damaged sounds now...
    Actually, if that's the main song you're looking for, you might want to get the Made in America recording from two days earlier. Soundboard recording including Somewhat Damaged.

    Of course, I recommend both because I'm a freak like that, but if you really want to hear a 2013 version of Somewhat Damaged go to the MIA show first.

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    103
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks, Kyle (it's weird to write that...my name, too).

    I've been so out of the loop with NIN and bootlegs the last few years. I'll definitely get it now!

    EDIT: Downloading now...how fucking cool and random to have SD in the middle of the set like that. I love it.

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    237
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    So, I got a recording from the show.... Sad thing is, taper got busted at the door bringing his recorder and mic in.... So he had to opt to record with his galaxy S4 with audio. Better than nothing I guess. I haven't listened to it yet. But he said it was blown out in certain spots. Bummer.
    What happened to NIN's open taping policy? Was this just venue staff being ignorant?

  20. #200
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    What happened to NIN's open taping policy? Was this just venue staff being ignorant?
    No taping policy this time around.

  21. #201
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ario
    Posts
    3,074
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    "Lotta fuckin' tambourine tonight!" —Trent Reznor

  22. #202
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm still so sad I wasn't able to get in. I had over 15 raffle tickets and stayed outside the venue for hours. Sigh.

  23. #203
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is a nice review of the show on the LA times entertainment page.
    I stood by the reporter during the show. Nice Guy...and he got it right. It was really great to read an article by someone who didnt just mail it in with the usual canned comments about NIN and Trent being a sad panda.

    If you have a minute, go show him some love in the comments section.

    I post a link later, Im still at work and typing on an ipad.

  24. #204
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,018
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

  25. #205
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^^ thank you 4 the times review!

  26. #206
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

    Thanks for posting! I read it on my work computer....my work frowns on messageboards, and my ipad is in need of an update.

  27. #207
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    2,310
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...ow-live-review

    I'm no fucking journalist, but at least I know how to do a little research and independent confirmation.
    I AM (okay, was) a journalist, and I had to read that several times before seeing what the hell you were talking about. I think I've seen Josh too many times in too many different bands; his name just kind of blends in now.

  28. #208
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I AM (okay, was) a journalist, and I had to read that several times before seeing what the hell you were talking about. I think I've seen Josh too many times in too many different bands; his name just kind of blends in now.
    Whenever I see biographical or fact-based information that I already know (like listing the band members), I just skip it. So it took me a few times as well.

Posting Permissions