Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nick Cave Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm going to Nick Cave's book reading tonight in NYC tonight. Anyone else attending? Should be an interesting evening!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nick is offering two shows from this tour for download or CD! Stellar setlists from this tour so far.

Purchase here:
    http://abbeyroadlive.sandbag.uk.com/...iewTourID=5746

Setlist for the first night:
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-c...-43c83353.html

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    finally found someone willing to open and listen to a copy of "your funeral...my trial" before selling it to me to make sure it actually had all four proper sides, and it did! so it should be arriving this week, and i'll be able to have a complete collection of all the vinyl reissues (once the rest are released).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

http://www.vmusic.com.au/news/nick-caves-15-year-old-son-killed-in-cliff-fall.aspx

Holy fuck, this is awful. Hope his family are getting the support they need.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Terrible news. So sad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is really sad news!!!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    New album and feature film coming in September

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    New album and feature film coming in September
    hope it's better than Push The Sky Away. i literally listened to it once and NOTHING grabbed me at all. i found the live versions of the songs just as uninspiring when i saw them. i didn't love dig lazarus dig, but it was at least fun. i miss mick harvey.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I just got into these guys this year, 30 years late to the party. It was incredible to have 15 albums to binge through, I absolutely love them. I like Push the Sky Away just fine but it's way down at the bottom of the list. Really pumped for a new album and to get to see them live. That feature film sounds awesome too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    hope it's better than Push The Sky Away. i literally listened to it once and NOTHING grabbed me at all. i found the live versions of the songs just as uninspiring when i saw them. i didn't love dig lazarus dig, but it was at least fun. i miss mick harvey.
    Interestingly, the very first track 'We No Who U R' hit me upon the first listen. It's so good haha...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Andrew Dominik, director of Assassination of Jesse James and Killing Them Softly is directing "One More Time With Feeling" meant as a companion to the new album Skeleton Tree

http://theplaylist.net/andrew-domini...ebut-20160602/

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Weird album cover...

...but it's irrelevant since it's all about the music

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Part of me hopes we get some extremely weird electronic Nick Cave album, huh. I just hope that I'll be ready to hear this album when it does come out, because if it's at all what I'm expecting after his son's passing, it'll be a really tough listen emotionally.

I feel like I'm in a weird spot as a fan since Push the Sky Away's my favorite Bad Seeds album along with And No More Shall We Part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Part of me hopes we get some extremely weird electronic Nick Cave album, huh. I just hope that I'll be ready to hear this album when it does come out, because if it's at all what I'm expecting after his son's passing, it'll be a really tough listen emotionally.

I feel like I'm in a weird spot as a fan since Push the Sky Away's my favorite Bad Seeds album along with And No More Shall We Part.
    i like and/or love all of NCTBS albums. I adore No More Shall We Part. I also really like Push the Sky Away- Higgs Boson Blues gives me the chills, it's that fabulous. Whatever they put it out it will be good. I have some hesitation about listening to the new material because of the backdrop of the terrible loss of Cave's son. It will no doubt be a dark album.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    An electronic Nick Cave album would be an interesting experiment, i think it would sound like the arrangements Warren Ellis did for "We call upon the author".

The album cover reminds me to The Police's "Ghost in the Machine".

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Weird album cover...

...but it's irrelevant since it's all about the music
    Looks familiar

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Just over a month to go until One More Time With Feeling, and of course the new record. I'm guessing at least parts of the film are going to be tough, but at the same time I'm glad that I will be seeing it.

Just in the lead up to all this I am listening to a lot of Nick at the moment, and it's interesting that Push The Sky Away is really growing on me. At first I thought it was good, but nothing really special, but especially after hearing it live (I missed it at the time, but there's a full show on YouTube from the Fonda) I'm now really taken with it. So that and Dig!!! have been on a lot, alongside Tender Prey and Your Funeral... My Trial for some old stuff.

It seems the idea is that the film will be the only chance to hear anything new before the album comes out, so no single for the time being. I'm half expecting there not to be a tour, but I do hope there will be.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I really wish I could make it to one of the screenings of One More Time With Feeling but all the ones in Philly start so late and it's during the week. Hopefully they do a blu-ray release, which I imagine they are. Either way, real pumped for the new album

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    I really wish I could make it to one of the screenings of One More Time With Feeling but all the ones in Philly start so late and it's during the week. Hopefully they do a blu-ray release, which I imagine they are. Either way, real pumped for the new album
    There's a 7:45 p.m. screening at the ArtsQuest Center in Bethlehem.

http://www.steelstacks.org/event/348...-with-feeling/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by triplesun View Post
    There's a 7:45 p.m. screening at the ArtsQuest Center in Bethlehem.

http://www.steelstacks.org/event/348...-with-feeling/
    Thanks I didn't see that one. That's an hour from my place still, but it's a possibility.

New song is great.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the new song is better than ALL of push the sky away (which i really don't care for at all). i was worried this new album was going to be a rehash of that sound and i'm glad i was wrong. still not pre-ordering it until i can hear the whole thing, though.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    the new song is better than ALL of push the sky away (which i really don't care for at all). i was worried this new album was going to be a rehash of that sound and i'm glad i was wrong. still not pre-ordering it until i can hear the whole thing, though.
    I agree with your posts and musical taste most of the time, but i disagree: To me this song sounds exactly like "Push the Sky Away".
    I don't now if the whole album will have this sound, but at least "Jesus Alone" sounds like an outake from the last album...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I agree with your posts and musical taste most of the time, but i disagree: To me this song sounds exactly like "Push the Sky Away".
    I don't now if the whole album will have this sound, but at least "Jesus Alone" sounds like an outake from the last album...
    i guess to me it sounds like a better version of anything off push the sky away haha.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    i guess to me it sounds like a better version of anything off push the sky away haha.
    Fair enough, lol

The track has grown on me a lot ...such powerful lyrics!
    It also reminds me to "We real cool"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    album has leaked, haven't listened to it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yeah, initially I'd say that Jesus Alone doesn't sound too far removed from Push The Sky Away. I've only listened once though - I'm saving proper listens until after I've seen the film. Hoping the Skeleton Tree CD I ordered will arrive on Friday, but if not I may look out for that leak.
    It makes a lot of sense for Nick to produce this film rather than deal with interviews for this record, but by making it quite a big thing I wonder how hard it will be to separate the album from the film. I've read a couple of reviews and they suggest it's quite a powerful experience. Maybe it's inevitable that the new album would be nothing too adventurous, arrangements wise, when you consider the circumstances of its recording. It is of course early days yet. Very much looking forward to this evening. I understand there will be a broadcast on BBC radio, from midnight:
    https://twitter.com/BBC6Music/status/773774141539385344

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Just downloaded, but will listen to it tonight to give the proper attention to it...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Definitely excited for whenever I get to see the new film. I found Days On Earth to be a great watch and Push the Sky Away is in my top 5 Cave records (because I'm strange, apparently).