Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 105 106 107
Results 3,181 to 3,205 of 3205

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

  1. #3181
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,088
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Probably because the special surprise was a listening station with two new songs on it... not a merch station. :eyeroll:
    That's obviously not what I was talking about man.
    I was talking about the special venue specific t shirts and such.
    But I feel where you're coming from.
    There were a lot of cool things about this weekend; perhaps I'm a little sour because I've been dealing with some other, non related shit.
    Last edited by elevenism; Today at 07:11 AM.

  2. #3182
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    That's obviously not what I was talking about man.
    I was talking about the special venue specific t shirts and such.
    But I feel where you're coming from.
    There were a lot of cool things about this weekend; perhaps I'm a little sour because I've been dealing with some other, non related shit.
    nothing special about a merch station elevenism.

    That was curated by Trent’s business folks. Just doing their job.

    The real “special surprise” was this.


    feel better with the non related shit.

  3. #3183
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What kills me about Newman’s comment is that Trent isn’t just doing his best Dean Martin or David Bowie impersonation on God Break Down The Door.

    Theres at at least one vocal preamp on there.
    His vocals have been adjusted for pitch, speed, orientation and more.

    Its like I said. It was a choice, made to fit in a larger puzzle.

  4. #3184
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,088
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    nothing special about a merch station elevenism.

    That was curated by Trent’s business folks. Just doing their job.

    The real “special surprise” was this.


    feel better with the non related shit.
    interesting: I don't think there was a sign in Denver. It was just a big stereo with headphones under a tent.

    I nearly knocked it over; I thought the fucking thing that held the tent up was some kind of button that did something, and I pressed it and the tentpole started coming apart, hahahaha. I'm glad I figured out how to fix it in a hurry. Then I walked off like I meant to do it

  5. #3185
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Swansea, UK
    Posts
    35
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    What kills me about Newman’s comment is that Trent isn’t just doing his best Dean Martin or David Bowie impersonation on God Break Down The Door.

    Theres at at least one vocal preamp on there.
    His vocals have been adjusted for pitch, speed, orientation and more.

    Its like I said. It was a choice, made to fit in a larger puzzle.
    Much like the "Zoo Station" cover, used a different singing style, still under the NIN banner and not TR.

    You hear the vocals and straight away you know who's voice it is.

  6. #3186
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas W Jefford View Post
    Much like the "Zoo Station" cover, used a different singing style, still under the NIN banner and not TR.

    You hear the vocals and straight away you know who's voice it is.

    Except this is an original song, not a U2 cover. But yes. Programmed in similar fashion but for different reasons.

    The echo preamp is most apparent to my ear at 2:33. And I was able to pick out a couple of the speed corrections as well.

  7. #3187
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Yes it's pretty great. Though the wrath of the guitars is missing, and that's an important part for me. Also, what do you think of the Porter Ricks remix ? Still confused a bit about that one.
    I didn't really enjoy the Porter Ricks remix as a teen when it first came out. But it's basically the only avant garde, WTF, super experimental kind of remix of the Fragile era to me (whereas TDS had plenty), so I appreciate it for that. It does basically sound like a slightly dancier track from their Biokinetics album, so I understand it a bit more in the context of their own sound, which I didn't hear until many years later.

    In general I was a little let down by the Fragile era remixes (I thought some of the most interesting ones were released on NIN.com, and they should have made a full length version of that New Flesh/Untitled remix on the site), and was kind of bummed there wasn't a single Coil remix in that era. But Quiet was great. As far as the guitar wrath, there's plenty of that in SD and The Wretched, so I feel like I could do without it if they'd been swapped. (shrug)
    Last edited by Pbgut; Today at 09:21 AM.

  8. #3188
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There oughta be a new thread :

    Suck My Entire Cock - The Quantum550 Edition

  9. #3189
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,098
    Mentioned
    336 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Except this is an original song, not a U2 cover. But yes. Programmed in similar fashion but for different reasons.

    The echo preamp is most apparent to my ear at 2:33. And I was able to pick out a couple of the speed corrections as well.
    when you say "echo preamp" what do you mean? an echo effect isn't generated by a pre-amp. do you mean an effect/plug-in? because those are very different things.

    also, how can you tell there are "speed corrections", and what did your comment about the vocals being adjusted for "orientation" mean?

    like, i'm an audio engineer and i'm really confused right now.

  10. #3190
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    when you say "echo preamp" what do you mean? an echo effect isn't generated by a pre-amp. do you mean an effect/plug-in? because those are very different things.

    also, how can you tell there are "speed corrections", and what did your comment about the vocals being adjusted for "orientation" mean?

    like, i'm an audio engineer and i'm really confused right now.
    K. Listen to the vocal section ending at 2:33.
    You can noticibly hear the echo “singled out.”
    To my ear, it sounds like a vocal preamp, not a post effect... though I suppose I could be wrong about that, and it could have been added by plug in.

    I’ll listen again for the speed corrections and come back with an exact MM:SS where I hear it.

    By Orientation, I mean, I picked up a couple spots where the vocal track has been shifted in protools to better match the beat with the vocals.
    Again, I’ll can give you a MM:SS where I picked it up so you can listen for it.

  11. #3191
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    1,960
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    People unloaded on the guy because what he said wasn't an opinion, it was factually incorrect.

    Trent Reznor is a hugely talented individual, respected even amongst his peers, spearheading entire genres of music and bringing others into the mainstream. He's won multiple awards, has been releasing music for over 30 years, and continues to push the boundaries to this day. Whatever he does, whatever he says, he does so for a reason. Of course we're all only human; none of us are infallible. I haven't heard the song yet so I can't really comment on that, but seriously, to say that this man "doesn't have doesn’t have the depth of experienxe" is profoundly, absurdly ignorant.
    Ah shit dude, I didn't know your opinions were facts
    Last edited by Wretchedest; Today at 11:56 AM.

  12. #3192
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Ah shit dude, I didn't know your opinions were facts
    Saying "oranges are green" isn't an opinion, it's just a lie.

  13. #3193
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sipuss View Post
    Saying "oranges are green" isn't an opinion, it's just a lie.

    Oranges are indeed green before they ripen. Just sayin.

  14. #3194
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Portland, Ore
    Posts
    684
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    The quiet version of The Day The World Went Away should have been the album version and the album version should have been released as a remix on the single.

    Edit: This never occurred to me until the quiet version was put on the original instrumental version of The Fragile that was on Apple Music for a bit instead of the album version. I wonder if it was ever considered for the album originally?
    While i do agree that Quiet is better and more emotional, i love the original version as much for a number of reasons.

    Now the song is probably about his Grandma passing much like ILFTJYF. The way i see TDTWWA is this

    The song to me represents Trent's emotional state. The loud, abrasive and noisy guitars is the pain and emotional turmoil he is going through...but all he can bring out...is the quiet verse. Its quiet...its full of bitterness...but its suppressed...but on the inside...it's that loud crashing wall of noise.

    Also...Nana..is also another way of saying Grandma

  15. #3195
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    514
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    People unloaded on the guy because what he said wasn't an opinion, it was factually incorrect.

    Trent Reznor is a hugely talented individual, respected even amongst his peers, spearheading entire genres of music and bringing others into the mainstream. He's won multiple awards, has been releasing music for over 30 years, and continues to push the boundaries to this day. Whatever he does, whatever he says, he does so for a reason. Of course we're all only human; none of us are infallible. I haven't heard the song yet so I can't really comment on that, but seriously, to say that this man "doesn't have doesn’t have the depth of experienxe" is profoundly, absurdly ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Ah shit dude, I didn't know your opinions were facts
    I'm not sure what you think you just read, but try reading it again.

  16. #3196
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas Panhandle
    Posts
    5,088
    Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    But this IS the controversial opinions thread.
    And the "depth of experience" comment WAS an entirely subjective statement. Perhaps the dude feels like you have to, I don't know, work at the circus for at least two years and then be arrested for fucking a goose before you have had the appropriate experience to attempt a certain kind of singing.

    It's a controversial opinion on a subjective matter, right?

  17. #3197
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Consequence of Sound is one thing.

    But this drama is in friggin Spin.

    and more boarders are getting quoted.

    Next stop. Rolling Stone.

    https://www.spin.com/2018/05/trent-reznor-nine-inch-nails-bad-witch-ep-lp-response
    Last edited by Buzz; Today at 06:53 PM.

  18. #3198
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    796
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Consequence of Sound is one thing.

    But this drama is in friggin Spin.

    and more boarders are getting quoted.

    Next stop. Rolling Stone.

    https://www.spin.com/2018/05/trent-reznor-nine-inch-nails-bad-witch-ep-lp-response
    "Bad Violence" LOLOLOL

  19. #3199
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    536
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    "Bad Violence" LOLOLOL
    It's extra funny because they got it right at the beginning of the article, so in the few minutes it took to write, they already forgot the name of the album they were writing about.

  20. #3200
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    "Bad Violence" LOLOLOL

  21. #3201
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is Bad Violence an EP or an LP or a single?

  22. #3202
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    796
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Last edited by sonic_discord; Today at 07:56 PM.

  23. #3203
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Is Bad Violence an EP or an LP or a single?
    It's a modular album, the first album where you get 2 hours of raw studio sessions in an encrypted stream, choose anywhere from 25-80 minutes and get a custom lathe pressing of your playlist.

  24. #3204
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Live on cable. A tense intention on nothing.
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Events Violence Witch. Violence Witch Events. Not The Actual Add Bad. Add Not The Actual Bad.

    Discuss.

  25. #3205
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    2,956
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dvp View Post
    events violence witch. Violence witch events. Not the actual add bad. Add not the actual bad.

    Discuss.
    u r a maroon.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions