Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Everything(Autolux) is pretty bad.

YZR TGD may be my favorite remix.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    The only THTF I cannot stand is DFA remix. That 46 minute promo disc should've never existed in the first place.
    This is like my Holy Grail of NIN records. Anything remixed by DFA is just so good, and it bothers me endlessly that I still don't have Version II.

Fixed was, if my memory is correct, the first NIN record I bought. Back c. 1993/4 it was the cheapest release available in local stores. The coil mix of Gave Up and the first mix of Happiness In Slavery remain favourites to this day. Further Down The Spiral was kind of a big deal at the time, but largely down to the appearance of Aphex Twin. Also, it was pretty cool that The Art Of Self Destruction turned up on a Levi's ad, although I'm not sure it got much air time.

We all know that Things Falling Apart was ruined by too much Starfuckers, although I do rather enjoy the Ogilvie mix. Should have just stuck the other two on the promo single. I can only assume that somebody somewhere had it in their head that this song should be a hit, but if that's the case how come it never received a proper single release? Odd.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Well, Starfuckers was still the most radio friendly song on TF (censored version ofc), and its music video also fit in the trends. It's sad that Trent abandoned it, but at least it had its live playtime, unlike half of With Teeth.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    Further Down The Spiral was kind of a big deal at the time, but largely down to the appearance of Aphex Twin. Also, it was pretty cool that The Art Of Self Destruction turned up on a Levi's ad, although I'm not sure it got much air time.
    Any idea who directed the Levi's commercial? "The Art of Self Destruction, Part One" was used in The Fan the same year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipRock View Post
    This is like my Holy Grail of NIN records. Anything remixed by DFA is just so good, and it bothers me endlessly that I still don't have Version II.
    I have a copy of version II somewhere on my computer at home. I can't remember if it's in FLAC or not, but it MIGHT be. I can look for it later and might be able to hook you up...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    it really makes the track decent.
    Yeah, this way, I think, it neatly fits in a sequence with their other remixes from that era... the Goldfrapp, Unkle, Hot Chip, JSBX, Gorillaz, whathaveyou ones. You know, long extended versions that go on and on just slowly building and buildingy amazing synthwork upon synthwork. God, I love that stuff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Do not get me wrong though, there are good remixes to be found. Like some of the actual Trent Reznor 'specials' on the now dead 'remix.nin.com" website. And i have my own remixes on soundcloud which i like. So saying that all remixes are bad is something which i can not do. I just do not like anything on the actual released albums, which also are available on Spotify.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    - "Please" is so underrated
    - I know "A Violet Fluid" is one of the most disliked songs, but something about that beat is so badass and sinister. I always listen to it while working out.
    Last edited by Ribbitman; 02-17-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribbitman View Post
    - I know "A Violet Fluid" is one of the most disliked songs, but something about that beat is so badass and sinister. I always listen to it while working out.
    I don't dislike it at all, I just wish it was longer and more fully realized.
    Last edited by piggy; 02-17-2018 at 09:53 PM.