Page 52 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 4778

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Awitha Teetha?
    I'm a fan boy to the core, but i'll agree with you on that. I DO adore the "i can not go thru this again" part.
    A WITH A TEETH-UH!
    The only NIN song that i actually dislike is that fucking GOD AWFUL capital g house remix. Now THAT was a bad track.

Here's a bit of controversy...i think i like YZ better than TDS. And it's not due to my age...i bought both of them when they came out. But it's not just the album i like, mind you...i'm including the awesome experience of the ARG, the artwork, and the live production of the period.

I can say for sure that i liked seeing NIN 2008 better than NIN 1994.
    NO DUDE, JUST NO
    that capital g remix is AWESOME "push the button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

and also I *still* cannot get into YZ, no matter how much I try. the songs live work alright, but the album is eh for me. Maybe if I had been into the ARG it would've been cool, but I'm so bored by things like that -- so just evaluating it as an album, it doesn't work for me

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    NO DUDE, JUST NO
    that capital g remix is AWESOME "push the button!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

and also I *still* cannot get into YZ, no matter how much I try. the songs live work alright, but the album is eh for me. Maybe if I had been into the ARG it would've been cool, but I'm so bored by things like that -- so just evaluating it as an album, it doesn't work for me
    wow...are you fucking serious about that capital g remix? that is awesome, but year zero is eh?
    wow dude.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Into The Void+Slipping Away ending > Into The Void or Slipping Away on their own

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    wow...are you fucking serious about that capital g remix? that is awesome, but year zero is eh?
    wow dude.
    I am 100% serious. The YZ remix album >>>> YZ

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Into The Void+Slipping Away ending > Into The Void or Slipping Away on their own
    wait, what? i haven't heard this... SHOW ME!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    wait, what? i haven't heard this... SHOW ME!
    You have a PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i always thought those two songs sounded like they were cut into two pieces at birth. (Into The Void and Slipping Away)
    @screwdriver , are we talking about the house track that says drop drop drop the bomb? i just...good lord, i have to commend you for having interesting tastes. but what you are saying just blows my mind...i think yz remixed is the worst nin remix album, and that capital g remix is...good lord, it's honestly the ONLY nin song i can honestly say that i flat out dislike.

to each his own, i suppose. i can't stand house music in general, so that might be part of it.
    and there are a couple of good tracks on YZ remixed, don't get me wrong. i like the TGD remix. my favorite thing about it was the multitracks...such a novel idea.

I think the ARG definitely enhanced YZ. I can't objectively evaluate the record because i followed every bit of the ARG that i could, and it certainly enhanced the experience...it actually slightly terrified me, but in a good way.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    i always thought those two songs sounded like they were cut into two pieces at birth. (Into The Void and Slipping Away)
    @screwdriver , are we talking about the house track that says drop drop drop the bomb? i just...good lord, i have to commend you for having interesting tastes. but what you are saying just blows my mind...i think yz remixed is the worst nin remix album, and that capital g remix is...good lord, it's honestly the ONLY nin song i can honestly say that i flat out dislike.

to each his own, i suppose. i can't stand house music in general, so that might be part of it.
    and there are a couple of good tracks on YZ remixed, don't get me wrong. i like the TGD remix. my favorite thing about it was the multitracks...such a novel idea.

I think the ARG definitely enhanced YZ. I can't objectively evaluate the record because i followed every bit of the ARG that i could, and it certainly enhanced the experience...it actually slightly terrified me, but in a good way.
    I love Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D but I HATE the Me, I'm Not remix by Olof Dreijer. Boring piece of shit that is obscenely long for no reason.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I love Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D but I HATE the Me, I'm Not remix by Olof Dreijer. Boring piece of shit that is obscenely long for no reason.
    Better than AVOTT String Quartet abomination

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lights in the sky > Hurt

Copy of a is the best song from Hesitation Marks.

I love the live version of The hand that feeds. I really do. The part right after "but I keep holding on and on and on..." is a killer, it works everytime. So yeah, it's a staple and all, but I am one of those who are happy with it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    I am 100% serious. The YZ remix album >>>> YZ
    Yeah, I like the YZ remix album over the standard one. Thought I was the only one!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    Better than AVOTT String Quartet abomination
    GRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH. Take that back.

Kronos was cool before being cool was cool.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    If we are talking remixes, THTF (DFA) is better than the album version.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    GRAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH. Take that back.

Kronos was cool before being cool was cool.
    What does their legacy have to do with a shitty first 1/3 of the track? Like, we should adore the chance to hear their tuning of instruments before actual music comes in?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream View Post
    If we are talking remixes, THTF (DFA) is better than the album version.
    especially the version where they left off the vocals...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    On remixes:

The Day the World Went Away (Quiet) > TDTWWA

Only El-P mix > Only

All the Pigs, All Lined Up > MotP

Find My Way Oneohtrix Point Never Mix > FMW

Gunshots by Computer > Hyperpower!

The Great Destroyer Remix > The Great Destroyer

All Time Low Todd Rundgren mix > All Time Low

I guess what I'm saying is I really love the official remix output, and then there are a bunch of fan mixes I could name that I probably listen to more than the originals or at least enjoy more than the originals; specifically the remixer Reaps is really fantastic and has done some amazing things with NIN. Did anyone here ever hear the Beautiful Nightmare remix of Head Down? No clue who made it but it trumps the original in every way.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 06-23-2014 at 07:38 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't know if it's just me but if I was given a chance to go back in time and see one 21st century NIN show, I would take L:WT 2006 or P2007 over Fragility every time. is it just me?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    ^^
    No, because 2000 was still 20th century.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    ^^
    No, because 2000 was still 20th century.
    ok, sorry, you know what I meant

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Alessandro is the best live NIN band member (Besides Trent of course). Better than Robin, Charlie, Aaron, Jeordie, etc.

There's just something about his personality, skills, and creativity that makes him different. He puts his own spin on things.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post
    Alessandro is the best live NIN band member (Besides Trent of course). Better than Robin, Charlie, Aaron, Jeordie, etc.

There's just something about his personality, skills, and creativity that makes him different. He puts his own spin on things.
    Ilan Rubin is pretty good too, I like him as much as Alessandro.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchyFlame View Post

i love alessandro too, with his hissing noises during MOTP and such.

conversely, i don't think Jeordie has the chops to be playing with nin.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    i love alessandro too, with his hissing noises during MOTP and such.
    his keyboard stomping during MoTP on BYIT was what made me love him so much.

conversely, i don't think Jeordie has the chops to be playing with nin.
    I beg to differ, vide his bass on Burn live version and he's awkward headbang during TBCD on BYIT

*I refer to BYIT a lot, sorry*

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hani View Post

I beg to differ, vide his bass on Burn live version and he's awkward headbang during TBCD on BYIT

*I refer to BYIT a lot, sorry*
    i just watched BYIT, and in retrospect, that is probably my favorite NIN lineup ever.
    Josh Freese is the best drummer this side of Neil Peart. Aaron North's (unfortunately and apparently very real) insanity on stage gives Robin a run for his money. And then you have the aforementioned Alessandro Cortini. And Jeordie isn't a BAD bass player...it's just that he hits a couple of wrong notes on Burn...and it's NOT THAT FUCKING HARD to play!
    But in retrospect, he ain't all bad. He has a nice tone and scary backup vocals.

and @screwdriver , i listened to as much of that capital g remix as i could handle, and i like it...for about 25 seconds. the part between 1:20 and 1:45, where it could possibly like...not be house music? what the remixer does with the vocal there is really cool.
    But then, it says "drop drop drop drop..." and the lyrics go off rhythm...and then it turns into GOD AWFUL, TERRIBLE house music...the kind of house music that literally sends me running out of the house/trance tent to find the drum and bass tent.
    But, it DID get NIN out there on the house dance floor...i give it that.

*nothing wrong with referring to BYIT by me, i fucking LOVE it!"

ok, time for a controversial opinion.

That's What I Get KICKS ASS! it's not whiny to me...i've always thought that backwards cymbal that comes in at :52 to be fairly disturbing. I always thought it was like knives rubbing together, in trent's hands, as he prepares to go slice some people.
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-26-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    With Teeth is one of my favorite songs! When all the NOISE comes back in after that quiet break, I can actually FEEL tension building up and then releasing. I fucking LOVE that song. Goddamn.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    With Teeth is one of my favorite songs! When all the NOISE comes back in after that quiet break, I can actually FEEL tension building up and then releasing. I fucking LOVE that song. Goddamn.
    I'd love to hear it done Still-style, I get that he doesn't do it live any more because it kinda breaks the feel of a set, but a slower set would totally fit it back in.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    thank you thank you thank you that is one of my favorite noisy moments in any NIN song. it's SO GOOD. and the first time i listened to the album, that startled me so much because i had turned up the volume significantly during the (gorgeous) quiet part.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Also, that third bar after the noise part is over where everything kinda drops out for a moment, besides Trent... I love that little bit for some reason. It is even more prevalent on the BYIT DVD.

It's the little things. <3

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @Sarah K , @eversonpoe , @sheepdean ....
    i feel you all on with teeth.
    i adore the "i cannot go through this again" refrain. that part is already still-style.
    And then the "this time i'm not coming back," hell yeah, the way it comes back in so heavy.
    That one, LINE (one of my top 10...maybe even five...nin songs,) YNWYA, and Please, just fucking NAIL various aspects of addiction and recovery. Hell, half of NIN's songs do, for that matter. I have to wonder how many of us here have wrestled with addiction.
    You guys know i still take pills, but good god, the drinking. It's a fucking MIRACLE that it's over and i'm alive.
    There was a LONG ass time where i couldn't fathom going even one day without drinking. WT helped me through some of that...it was like, "Well shit, trent's giving it a shot!"

So here's a semi-controversial opinion that i'm sure my rambling ass has brought up a couple of times...
    What would everyone think of a "Still" style TOUR?
    I hope and pray that we will get this...maybe in about ten years? Seven?
    It would be the most beautiful, perfect way for NIN to age gracefully, in my opinion.
    It took me a long while to string together even a month,

Edit: that last line...how do i keep winding up with random non-sequiturs in my posts? i guess i edit them too much. and i guess you guys just assume i'm nuts anyway and don't ask me about it.
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-01-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    the director's cut of "survivalism" is nin's best video. it's so fucking brilliant.