Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103
Results 3,061 to 3,068 of 3068

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    Hmm, interesting. If anything, to me, NTAE is missing *something, but not really, because it's a fantastic little gritty thing. Perhaps what it's missing is..sadness? There's a sadness to songs like Find My Way on HM and TITP on ​AV.
    You're right there, and I hadn't really thought about it before but maybe I was wanting some not emotional NIN and I didn't know it because it was mostly the emotionally gripping side of things that I thought I wanted with pretty much every release since aWitha Teethuh. And now he has sort of eschewed the emotion with NTAE, which feels really disconnected (or something like that can't think of the proper word), it turns out I find that the most interesting of the last few.

I love NIN. No other band ever really got me thinking so hard about it all.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I find “I Do Not Want This” to be extremely skippable.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    You're right there, and I hadn't really thought about it before but maybe I was wanting some not emotional NIN and I didn't know it because it was mostly the emotionally gripping side of things that I thought I wanted with pretty much every release since aWitha Teethuh. And now he has sort of eschewed the emotion with NTAE, which feels really disconnected (or something like that can't think of the proper word), it turns out I find that the most interesting of the last few.

I love NIN. No other band ever really got me thinking so hard about it all.
    I think in that sense, NTAE is an amazing contrast to HM, whereas HM was regretfull and melancholic, NTAE almost feels disgusted, angry, confused and apathetic.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    It's a great song, but not one that's particularly easy to listen to. It's complex, but not in a gradual way; it's chaotic. Also, the instrumental gap towards the ending is a bit too long.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Burroughs met Reznor and the dudes from Ministry and said that Reznor was the most miserable person hed ever met.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    it's my second-favorite song on TDS. i love all the layers and the abrasiveness of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just listened through TDS for the first time in a while, and I Do Not Want This became one of my absolute favourites from the record. That drum loop is brilliant, and the way that it builds up to the outro is so intense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by acrid avid jam shred View Post
    I just listened through TDS for the first time in a while, and I Do Not Want This became one of my absolute favourites from the record. That drum loop is brilliant, and the way that it builds up to the outro is so intense.

nice to see some love for this amazing song. The first few lines of "I wanna know everything, I wanna be everywhere" has to be one of my favorite moments in any NIN song. The way his voice sounds on those