Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kendrick Lamar

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Popping in for a few things.

1. New Kendrick!!!
    2. Never seen any negative coverage at all about his Grammy performance. How bout that.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I actually like this more than TPAB. Obviously TPAB is more fleshed out and stuff, more of a real "album" I guess, but to be honest I only enjoy a handful of songs on it. To me, this is totally enjoyable from beginning to end. Especially Untitled 6. That song is beautiful, real summery.

Oh and apparently 7 was produced by swizz beats' five year old kid??????

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I actually like this more than TPAB. Obviously TPAB is more fleshed out and stuff, more of a real "album" I guess, but to be honest I only enjoy a handful of songs on it.
    I feel the same. TPAB blew me away on the first listen but never quite resonated the same way again on repeat spins. Untitled, however, continues to captivate me.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    He's playing a show at a super small venue in BK tonight... Livestreaming on his facebook page.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Hello, y'all. THIS NEW ALBUM.

Especially the crazy ass story in the last track. His album length narratives are quite impressive.

He even managed to make me not hate U2!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The moment DNA kicked in I felt like I was feeling what Death Grips fans feel.

Feel, DNA, XXX and Fear are all next-level. I appreciated TPAB but Damn feels like it's meant for me and my sensibilities. It's remarkable.

Also Geraldo Rivera's bizarre "how dare people plagued by systemic racism call attention to it" response to Kendrick calling him out on this is hilarious. He even says Drake is "the best rapper." Drake.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Three Fox disses in the first three tracks. Incredible! If I remember correctly, there was an additional one later in the album. I've only listened twice and need to go back through. I think Feel was the one that I was really into the first couple of times, though.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Three Fox disses in the first three tracks. Incredible! If I remember correctly, there was an additional one later in the album
    It's at the end of XXX and is a part of one of the best verses of the entire album (and that's saying something considering Kendrick is basically a top-shelf verse-writing machine at this point).

The themes and general construction of this record makes it what it is for me. It's tightly-wound around the central concept and yet manages to explore so much around it without ever feeling like it veers completely off-track and stays incredible through to the very end (and what a fucking end it is).

I think this thing is safely going to be in a ton of top 10 lists by the end of the year and it's still only April. Kendrick's pretty much got a guaranteed and permanent place in hip-hop history at this point, and Damn just cements it as totally deserving and valid. I am so thrilled to see someone with a career this high-profile remain this consistent and authentic.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    http://www.spin.com/2017/04/kendrick...amn-coachella/

That DNA performance is fucking amazing.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Wow. Yeah, this new album is fucking incredible.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    That whole Coachella performance was basically perfect. The dancers & visuals were top notch, and clearly showed a level of effort you don''t see from other rappers except maybe Kanye. Head & shoulders above all other rappers right now. That mumbling clown Future should have been embarrassed to walk onto the same stage as someone who is literally changing history in the genre as we speak.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Head & shoulders above all other rappers right now. That mumbling clown Future should have been embarrassed to walk onto the same stage as someone who is literally changing history in the genre as we speak.
    I get that as a fan of his these must be great times, but come on... let's stop with the OMG this is a classic!!! talk when the record isn't even out for a full week. To be fair Kendrick's receiving alot of (media) attention and hype right now that a lot of other equally good or interesting rappers don't. And that certainly adds to that game changing impressions when in reality it doesn't change a bit about the music itself.
    That's not to say his music isn't good tho.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i wasn't talking about Damn, just him overall at this point in time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    New to the KL bandwagon, but I downloaded 'DAMN.' today and am really enjoying it so far. Have already been through it a few times today. Surprising and engaging album.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "DNA" fucking rules and the U2 collab is surprisingly (or unsurprisingly?) awesome. Not sure if I like the album as a whole as much as GKMC, TPaB and Untitled, but it may grow on me yet.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I enjoyed Damn. more than To Pimp a Butterfly, but I'm not sure if I like it more than GKMC. Element, Feel, and Lust are my favorite tracks.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    good LORD 3:09 to 4:08. Dude is on another planet.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    http://pitchfork.com/news/kendrick-l...yed-backwards/

Listened to it this way earlier today, and I have to say, I think it really might have been a better album backwards. Starts with the birth of his career, and ends with his death and media scrutiny. It's pretty damn cool.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Saw him tonight at Prudential Center. Commanded the bare stage pretty much by himself for 85 minutes. The best mainstream rapper out right now, and at the height of his powers.

1. DNA
    2. ELEMENT
    3. King Kunta
    4. untitled 07
    5. Future- Mask Off [Remix] Verse
    6. Schoolboy Q- Collared Greens Verse
    7. Swimming Pools
    8. Backseat Freestyle
    9. LOYALTY
    10. LUST
    11. Money Trees
    12. XXX
    13. m.A.A.d City Pt 1
    14. PRIDE
    15. LOVE
    16. Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe
    17. Alright
    18. HUMBLE

19. GOD

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Saw him tonight at Prudential Center. Commanded the bare stage pretty much by himself for 85 minutes. The best mainstream rapper out right now, and at the height of his powers.
    killer man.
    i imagine that was fucking awesome and a show you'll remember for the rest of your fucking life.
    i'm mad jealous and SERIOUSLY miss living in dallas.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This needs a bump.

The Black Panther soundtrack isn't necessarily his best work, but there are some fucking amazing songs on that album. I was shocked he was on almost every track.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    This needs a bump.

The Black Panther soundtrack isn't necessarily his best work, but there are some fucking amazing songs on that album. I was shocked he was on almost every track.
    I was surprised on how well this album flows. I didn't find myself wanting to skip any tracks on two play through's to be honest and the first half is pretty stellar.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Another new, dope track he's on. Kendrick is untouchable these days.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    And he's headlining my station's big annual show Summer Jam at Metlife Stadium. As such I'll be attending for the first time in a number of years as a fan, not a worker.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Hire me plz.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I know this is little bit of old news, but fuck Kendrick Lamar for treating his fans this way. I've lost a ton of respect for him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love kendric. Dude is on the real.