Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64
Results 1,891 to 1,909 of 1909

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Al could bring back Paul, Connelly, the ghost of Bill Rieflin, and anyone else that was involved in the classic era, but nothing could help him write less than cringe worthy lyrics in the 21st century.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Resurrect the more processed/distorted vocals of yore and he can recite cereal ingredients for all I care!

But seriously, I’ll start getting excited about an all-star “final” album when it’s confirmed in the upload queue…

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    New album is dogsh** unsurprisingly. What a travesty of a band.

I bet Paul B is laughing his ass off.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    BDE is probably one of the worst songs they've ever done.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Yep agreed. Its as bad as anything off From Beer....

Its fairly pathetic that Ministry albums get released at all, and purely on the basis that the Ministry name released some incredible albums in the 80's/early 90's. If a new band came along and sounded like Hopium, they wouldn't get signed, never mind to a label like Nuclear Blast.

Honestly, I don't like being excessively negative towards bands but the fall from grace Ministry have had is just so glaringly obnoxious that its insulting to new bands trying to get signed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I can't believe I pre-ordered this trash. This is certainly worse than Beer to Eternity.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I get like second hand embarrassment listening to new Ministry songs, and it's been that way for years. My wife and I were contemplating going to Cruel World in a few months just to have fun at festival with a bunch of music in that style and revisiting Twitch and With Sympathy only solidifies how much the only Ministry era I like was their full 80s run. I don't even care for Psalm 69 that much, honestly. The further they got into metal, the more I get disinterested.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    I can't believe I pre-ordered this trash.
    Fool you once, shame on Al. Fool you... 7? 8? times, shame on you.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    I get like second hand embarrassment listening to new Ministry songs, and it's been that way for years. My wife and I were contemplating going to Cruel World in a few months just to have fun at festival with a bunch of music in that style and revisiting Twitch and With Sympathy only solidifies how much the only Ministry era I like was their full 80s run. I don't even care for Psalm 69 that much, honestly. The further they got into metal, the more I get disinterested.
    IDK man, Goddamn White Trash got a pretty good reaction from the crowd last time I saw them.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I quite liked Moral Hygiene, thought it was a step in the right direction, this aint. Al reckons they never retread old ground in terms of formula but yeah. Same old same old..

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Just got blown away by FLA and Gary Numan, who I've now finally seen after a decade of trying to attend shows. Was amazing.

Ministry are halfway through their setlist. I haven't sought out anything off the new album. First time hearing any of it.

These songs are boring. And I could go to the butcher 's and come away with less ham in my fists.

Ed: Before starting NWO Al cracked a few jokes, thanking us for sitting through the new stuff, and saying it was now time to reward us with doggy treats for the rest of the night. Lol, glad he has a sense of humor about it.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 03-17-2024 at 09:10 PM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I just heard it ...i agree

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, this album is weak. The songs seem half-assed and yeah he's always been political since the beginning, but sing a song about a scarecrow or sumpthin' will ya?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Probably the shittiest album aside From Beer To Eternity and/or Relapse.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Probably the shittiest album aside From Beer To Eternity and/or Relapse.
    I think Al is more than a little "touched" from all the drugs back in the day. I have a friend about same age who is barely coherent now from too much fun back in the day. They really shouldn't let him (my friend) drive any more.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Did everyone else want to hear an over-the-top cookie monster cover of Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) as much as I didn't?

Wait no more: https://cleopatrarecords.bandcamp.co...marilyn-manson

I don't even know what's worse - the actual content of this album, or its subject matter

edit: I didn't realize this cover was actually out years ago, originally from the 2011 album (sigh) Very Best Of Fixes & Remixes

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Just sitting here appreciating that the Ultimate Rarest Trax compilation has the Shasta commercial as a hidden track tacked onto the end, and ignoring the new album.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Just sitting here appreciating that the Ultimate Rarest Trax compilation has the Shasta commercial as a hidden track tacked onto the end, and ignoring the new album.
    Just sitting here listening to "Twich", and ignoring the new album.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I never thought in a million years that the Shasta Commercial would ever get released on an official Ministry album, lol.