Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have no problem with any band or artist trying something new, even if it doesn't work. Good luck to them.

I do have a problem with a band I love(d) grinding themselves into the ground with a catalogue tail-end that you'll see listed in the dictonary under "diminishing returns".

Can you guess where I'm going with this comment?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    That was....WOW....outside of 'Double Tap' I can't remember any other good songs. Save your money and bandwidth and don't bother with this.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Ugh, I'm gonna go listen to Filth Pig.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Al's new stuff is so bad it's ruining the old stuff. I'll probably never like Ministry, even the good albums, like I used to at this point. He's just done way too much damage, and revealed himself as such an incredible buffoon. "Pathetic" and "embarrassing" really don't quite communicate how awful this is.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    After listening to the whole album, the only songs worth noting and a nod from me are Double Tap, 99 Percenters and Blood Lust. the rest flows into one continuous stream of the same droning guitar riffs and insane drumming. It doesn't show any individuality or unique sound to any one song, they all mostly sound similar and even more subpar than the worst tracks of the Bush Trilogy combined. I'm not going to buy it.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voidnz View Post
    http://exclaim.ca/MusicVideo/ClickHe...e_album_stream

Relapse is streaming. If you have any respect still for Ministry though don't listen.
    Totally disagreed and I haven't even finished the album yet.

I know it's not the same Ministry that always changed before anyway, but I still really enjoy the relentless, simple, speedy, brutal, sarcastic-and-yes-sometimes-even-silly thing that Ministry's become pretty much as well as I'd enjoyed the relentless, simple, speedy, brutal, sarcastic-and-yes-sometimes-even-silly thing Ministry always was before. And Tommy Victor kicks ass, I'd go see any band with him in it.

And Flowering Blight is amazing, too. Likewise, I can't wait for Fix to finally come out on DVD because it is one of the most fun and awesome music documentaries I've ever seen in my life and I'm dying to watch it again! Glad they got that settled finally. But this is Ministry and Ministry's whatever Al wants it to be...which might not be my favorite Ministry but it's still kicking lots of ass anyway. Yeah, I wish Paul were back in the band. But this is Ministry.
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 03-23-2012 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    man you reveal yourself as such a blind lemming on this board almost every day.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah, i'm looking forward to Fix a lot.

I thought all the dumb rambling before those 2 tracks was really annoying. Nothing wrong with the music. Al's lost it, his bandmates would be better off working on other project anyhow

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    man you reveal yourself as such a blind lemming on this board almost every day.
    And your own posts are equally revealing about yourself.

I already said that the current material isn't exactly my favorite stretch of Ministry releases and explained that I'm choosing instead to appreciate it for what it is while enjoying many of the same elements which have always carried over from one version of the band to the next. And as much as I wish Paul were still one of the constants in the band, he's just not. This is Al's show. And I like Rammstein and Hanzel und Gretyl, etc. This permutation of Ministry might fit better on a mixtape with them than it does with some of the best old Ministry stuff, but as I like those bands anyway I can certainly live with that if that's what Al feels like doing these days.

I'm a NIN fan on a NIN board, ffs. I'm hardly in any position to begrudge someone the opportunity to make music with their own band as they see fit, regardless of whether or not my personal favorites from a revolving-door cast of bandmates are involved any longer.

You might call that being a blind lemming somehow, but I just call it not being an asshole.

I mean, I know that whole "I'm-the-biggest-fan-because-I-hate-it-the-most" thing is BIG over here...but I'm just not one of those guys, sorry.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Cursory listen to the album: is it that worse than anything he's churned out since 2004? For me Ministry went bad when they started rehashing Psalm 69 over and over.
    But I still enjoyed the live show I saw several years ago.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, that one's pretty spot on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Cursory listen to the album: is it that worse than anything he's churned out since 2004? For me Ministry went bad when they started rehashing Psalm 69 over and over.
    But I still enjoyed the live show I saw several years ago.
    if you are including Rio Grande Dub in your list, then yes it is worse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, shit.

Another new Ministry album, another thread full of people communicating how awful it is, then I ignore them, buy it and enjoy it.

I don't compare everything to the "golden years".

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Well, shit.

Another new Ministry album, another thread full of people communicating how awful it is, then I ignore them, buy it and enjoy it.

I'm not comparing it to 90's Ministry but even to Houses of the Mole and Rio Grande Dub it doesn't even hold a consistent candle. It's weak.

I LOVE Rio Grande Blood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Well, shit.

I'm not comparing it to "the golden years".

I'm comparing it to things that aren't shit

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The album doesn't suck because its not psalm 69. It sucks because it's an unfocused, rushed mess. One thing that probably made the older albums so great is the fact that they took their time making those albums. They didn't constantly recycle and churn out the same thing over and over again. None of this stuff requires much though. And if I were to compare the new one to The Last Sucker, TLS would win by a longshot. Not a great album, but it at least had more songs I could get behind. This one only has three tolerable ones out of the eleven (Double Tap, Freefall, and Bloodlust) .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bah, I just meant I kinda liked it. I'll agree that it's weak even by anyone's standards. It's especially NOT a good farewell album....

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Posted it already in the Puscifer thread, but I think it should be here, too:

The guys who made FIX: The Ministry movie are releasing a track by Paul Barker remixed by Puscifer!

http://www.fixtheministrymovie.com/i...id=113&vmcchk= 1&Itemid=113

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hmm, well how about an actual track from Paul Barker featuring Ogre:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Paul Barker and Flowering Blight are so much better than what Ministry has become. I know it's been stated several times but hey, it's just true.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That Ogre and Paul song kicks ass!
    Can't wait to get the cd and FIX in a week and a half.

Now, I bought Relapse and I have to say it is my least Favorite album of Miniatry's. Besides the first 3 tracks and bloodlust the cd is a lot of filler. I loved the last 3 'bush" albums but this one is so generic even by those standards and is nothing memorable.

I hate to have to admit it but Al has truly ran out of creativity and idea's for Ministry.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Get up, get out and vote... Seriously?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I cannot wait for the Fix This album. New Paul Barker with Chris Connelly!?! Yes!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Al is a narcissistic prick these days.

I picked up the latest Revolver magazine and it had a Ministry interview with Al in it. He's a real piece of work. I'd like to think he's not being serious but the sad thing is that he is.

I'm only paraphrasing this but one question asked why he hasn't had a drummer on a studio album for many years, his reason: he believes that drum machines are superior and better advanced. He then said that drummers are primadonnas and are 'like Republicans' as they are going extinct and anything they do they try to get as much credit and bragging rights as possible.

He also mentioned the origins of his new piercings in it: his daughter said he was a 'pussy' for not having any. He then replied that getting a tattoo hurts more (truth). He then had a bet with her that if she got a tattoo and he got some piercings they'd see who the bigger pussy action was. He then stated that he got 8 piercings to prove he wasn't a pussy. Okay, cool?

He also stated he hates his Bush trilogy and other material and that he believes that Relapse is his best and current work. Wrong.

He's lost touch with himself, I tell ya.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He needs to come back down to earth. The bush trilogy shits all over this album.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I know Al isn't the most decent of guys, but I don't see why that should affect people's opinions on the music.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Because it's affecting the music. He's always been a douche. But he was a douche who managed to put out good albums and surrounded himself with many talented folk. Now he's a delusional old man trying so.hard to stay on the train that left years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joymode View Post
    Al Jourgenson has disgraced his legacy. However Paul Barkers solo projects, Flowering Blight, USSA, have shown who the true mastermind in Ministry was. Pauls projects still sound like the classic ministry sound that we all love. Its just missing Al on vocals. Which I do miss sometimes...
    I agree, there needs to be Paul Barker in the equation. Also, there needs to be more Lard: the Jourgensen side-project that never went downhill. All that said, HotM had some absolute killers on it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Al and Barker fed off each other that worked in a great way. Al had to have been a handful during the 90s, so to have someone like that around to keep the boat afloat. One had the other to filter out the bad ideas. It worked. No one's telling Al "no". And all he's done is surround himself with a bunch of drunken Texan yes-men.