Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1909

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Picked it up. Good shit. Very 90s waxtrax.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    It honestly sounds like it could have been released in 1990. Really great album, I too can't wait to see him next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Picked it up. Good shit. Very 90s waxtrax.
    If anything, it goes to show what Paul did with his latest album is, everything after Filth Pig and all the way through to Animosity was majorly influenced by him.
    I think that's why I don't like most of the latest Ministry albums, it missing Paul's special touch (House of the Mole is an exception).
    While I lament that Paul split from Ministry, I'm kinda glad that he did.
    He can continue making and releasing awesome music without any of the BS that he had to put up with while he was around Al.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    The new Lead into Gold album, The Sun Behind The Sun, just released and it's fucking phenomenal!
    I can't wait to hear this live in September!
    Kinda makes me glad I skipped the ministry tour this time around, feels like I didn't miss much.
    Now to wait for the new Cocksure album...
    Don't forget about Bells into Machines full record is coming in September!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    His absence in Ministry is very notable. He's killing it with his post-ministry stuff though. Hopefully, he releases stuff more often.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Don't forget about Bells into Machines full record is coming in September!
    I don't know. I heard the original version of that album (whatever that was, demo maybe?) and it was a HUGE letdown. Save a couple of decent songs (pretty much just the ones Chris sings on), it was pretty bland/generic. Hopefully the final album is better, but that demo's gonna need a lot of work to make a good-great album.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Wasn't aware when that was coming out. If it's anything like Flowering Blight, I'm in for a real treat.
    Is there any actual difference between Flowering Blight and Lead Into Gold? Hard to find any solid information on either band online, but as far as I can tell they're both just Paul Barker solo projects, so why the name change?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Is there any actual difference between Flowering Blight and Lead Into Gold? Hard to find any solid information on either band online, but as far as I can tell they're both just Paul Barker solo projects, so why the name change?
    Yeah, they're very different. Lead Into Gold sounds like something from waxtrax. Flowering Blight is more like his later ministry albums. Hard to describe FB tbh other than it being less 90s industial.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yeah, they're very different. Lead Into Gold sounds like something from waxtrax. Flowering Blight is more like his later ministry albums. Hard to describe FB tbh other than it being less 90s industial.
    I know sound-wise they are different, but an artist can change sounds and still use the same moniker. I meant more like are there any differences personnel-wise, or are they both just Paul but utilizing different equipment/sounds? Regardless, all 3 albums are fantastic and I'll eat up anything Paul shits out at this point.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think Rieflin drums on a few tracks though. It's definitely worth the listen if you're a fan. Only 7 bucks too.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I don't know. I heard the original version of that album (whatever that was, demo maybe?) and it was a HUGE letdown. Save a couple of decent songs (pretty much just the ones Chris sings on), it was pretty bland/generic. Hopefully the final album is better, but that demo's gonna need a lot of work to make a good-great album.
    As long as it isn't anything like Primitive Race I'll be happy.
    I mean the amount of talent that worked on PM they should be ashamed that they released that album.
    That was a huge disappointment after all the hype and teasing.

I'm not as afraid that Bells into Machines might follow the same path.
    The E.P they released is pretty good.
    Hopefully with the amount of time that they have taken to release the album means that they fully fleshed it out and it's decent.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Linger Fickin Good and Other Barnyard Oddities Vinyl is up for preorder!

https://shop.runoutgroovevinyl.com/l...ddities-1.html

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    Linger Fickin Good and Other Barnyard Oddities Vinyl is up for preorder!

https://shop.runoutgroovevinyl.com/l...ddities-1.html
    We did it!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    We did it!
    Damn right we did!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Had the pleasure to meet Paul last night at the OHGR show in San Diego. Lead into Gold was one of the opening acts and I bumped into him at the merch booth. He was super friendly and signed my 12"

and I also bought some CDs from him too...good stuff!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Been on a Ministry kick lately and finally bought a copy of that Live Necronomicon vinyl off Bandcamp. I got the red edition. So stoked!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Paul walked past our table entering the venue and I called out "Paul Barker kicks ass", and he smiled and gestured. Recognized it as me when I met him at the merch booth. Great show.

I got a Perfect Pair CD and the Sun Behind The Sun LP from him, and he was kind enough to sign a bunch of my Ministry CD booklets - I asked him to choose and he picked Filth Pig, The Fall single and DSOTSpoon - was surprised and said he never sees that one. He wasn't going to sign Animosity but I asked nicely and told him I enjoyed a lot of it and he relented. Mentioned Al basically disowned the album and we had a good laugh agreeing that Al says "lots of things". Also got a pic. Great guy.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    @NotoriousTIMP what is that Malekko cd? I saw it at the show and thought about grabbing it but I honestly have no idea what it is or what Paul does on it? Is it another solo thing? Does he sing?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I spoke to Paul about this a while back. Lead into gold is utilizing his sound library and instruments that he created during the original Lead into Gold period.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    @NotoriousTIMP what is that Malekko cd? I saw it at the show and thought about grabbing it but I honestly have no idea what it is or what Paul does on it? Is it another solo thing? Does he sing?

Chris Connelly is on vocals. Its Paul, on bass and programming, Pete holstrom of the Dandy Warhols and Pete international airport on guitar, and Josh Holley (Malekko co owner) on synths and programming.

Look out for some remixes I may have coming from members of this band as well

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Chris Connelly is on vocals. Its Paul, on bass and programming, Pete holstrom of the Dandy Warhols and Pete international airport on guitar, and Josh Holley (Malekko co owner) on synths and programming.

Look out for some remixes I may have coming from members of this band as well
    Do you know if there is anywhere to hear it online? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Do you know if there is anywhere to hear it online? Can't seem to find it anywhere.
    https://malekko.bandcamp.com/

3 tracks anyway...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by innerturmoil View Post
    Thank you! This is really great.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

its nowhere. show exclusive apparently.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

This song is the shit. I can't get enough of it at the moment.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by innerturmoil View Post
    It's really good...I'll see if I can rip it later on tonight.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    It's really good...I'll see if I can rip it later on tonight.
    That'd be awesome. Wish I knew what it was when I went to the show and picked it up. It was only 5 bucks!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Just finished ripping the CD! (sorry im a few days behind!)

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    I will FINALLY be seeing Ministry live in December. Hopefully we get a setlist full of TLORAH since its the 30th ann.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    doubtful. I saw them a few months back. while it was entertaining, they didnt cater to much of the old stuff. Hopefully its different for you.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    doubtful. I saw them a few months back. while it was entertaining, they didnt cater to much of the old stuff. Hopefully its different for you.
    I looked at recent set lists and you’ll be hard pressed to find much prior to Psalm 69, even then nothing really goes before Houses of the Mole.

Speaking of old Ministry, besides Live Necronomicon I bought recent vinyl presses of Psalm 69, The Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Taste and The Land of Rape and Honey.

I’ll post some photos sometime.