Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I think Paul said that kind if crap to keep the peace. Otherwise I'd see a bit more awesomeness than I do in everything since he left.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    After Paul left, Al started the whole "hey kiddies, uncle al here! Buy my stuff". Play the "heavy music ffor the kids". Pretty sure Paul was the "no, bad idea" guy. And when Al finally cleaned up, the "bad idea" trick probably lost it's effect. Then it went downhill from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Perfect Pair is an amazing album. When I first heard it I was shocked by how much better I thought it was than any of the ministry releases since the split. I'd really love a new album from Flowering Blight. The Perfect Pair to me sounds like where Ministry should have gone after Filth Pig, which is my second favorite ministry album, my first being The Land of Rape and Honey.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Eh, I'm not so sure about that. Yeah, Paul contributed ALOT to the sound and took a lot with him when he left. But I remember seeing an interview with Paul saying that it was mostly 50/50. Think their partnership's been mostly a "keep the other in check" kind of thing. Paul was surely more than "just the bass player".
    He says the same thing about Stephen George (the original drummer until 1985) as "just some drummer guy". Stephen went on to produce several mainstream multi platinum albums, which goes to say that he has had a more successful music career. Al has always had control of Ministry, but certainly needs others to keep the project focused. Paul was smart to leave after Animositiasomina. He knew at that point Ministry was a spent force.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Listened to 99% again. It was better than the 1st listen. But Al's vocals suck, no creativity and he sounds like a shadow of his former self. But I am excited again for the new album. I will be getting "Fix" in april. I am more excited about the film and tour in june more than anything else though. I hope they have some good opening bands play as well. Last time Meshuggah fucking owned, they were amazing.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm mixed about 99%. Not the worst song I've heard. Not a great song either. Supposedly the weak track from the album according to some of the reviews.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    New single dropped today. Double Tap. Surprisingly isn't that bad. No psalm 69 or LORAH, but ain't too shabby. Much, much better than 99%. Came with two remixes. Both terrible.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I went for a long time without realizing that Al was a moron. I'm sorry I watched that video clip

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That's not that great...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think Double Tap is pretty fucking cool. Mikes guitar playing on it is awesome.

Anyone do the pre-order on 13th planet records? I think I might get the the bundle with the AL/oil shirt.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm sure the album's going to have it's fair share of stinkers (99% and so on). I thought I was going to hate the song. But, it's managed to click with me. It's nothing new. But yet I find I find it more than tolerable at the same time. Hopefully there's a little more variety though. One of my main problems with nu-ministry. All of the songs sound the same, and the further you go, the less quality they are.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    if I have to grow to tolerate a bands music then I quit being a fan. this is my stance with Ministry. sucks but whatever...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There's a leaky septic pipe spewing shit all over the place. Yeah, it's terrible...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Blah!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    WTF AL. I can't even begin to describe how bad that was.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    that could possibly be the worst music video ever made. It's not even bad enough to be good.

Way to trash an already shaky legacy you jackass.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Aren't Ministry closer to the 1% than the 99%? - they don't really have to work for a living anymore

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Blah!
    Dumb video, dumb lyrics, but I still dig the sound.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Aren't Ministry closer to the 1% than the 99%? - they don't really have to work for a living anymore
    Um, he almost died from 13 ulcers.

An ordeal which likely resulted in MASSIVE hospital bills.

And then BAM! Ministry's back and touring again.

That is almost LITERALLY the very definition of "working for a living," ffs.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I HATE that music video. It's so horrible. The song itself is all right. Still doesn't hold up to Rio Grande Blood in the thrash respects. That's my favorite.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If anyone's got a link to the Flowering Blight album, I would really appreciate a PM. I can't seem to find it, and I'm really liking what previews I can get on myspace.
    Last edited by Magtig; 03-20-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Um, he almost died from 13 ulcers.

An ordeal which likely resulted in MASSIVE hospital bills.

That is almost LITERALLY the very definition of "working for a living," ffs.
    Being from the UK (apparently a full blown communist state) hospital bills just don't figure in my rich / poor equation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I read the posts so far and wondered if it is really that bad or if people have just fallen out favour with Al & Ministry these days.

I watched the video.

Damn. That's truly terrible and the most painful and unenjoyable part of it is that Al probably doesn't even realise that's the case.

Such a genuine shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sooooo bad. The only thing that could possibly make a difference is you have to wonder whether al is just trolling anyone, he can't actually be that retarded can he? I mean the song's pretty terrible even by ministry standards, the vocals sound horrible, the lyrics are shit and the videos bollocks. Not exactly a good look..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And as for ministry not needing to work, you really don't get how the music industry works if you think that. Most bands we listen to are still broke, very few reach that NiN higher echelon of actually making a shitload of money, and a lot of that's done to some very astute business decisions by trent.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Al thinks he some higher than life rockstar. Ego way above cloud nine. Doesn't help either that he has all of these rabid yes-men to feed off of. The real Al Jourgensen would be sick to his stomach.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The one thing about music, rock/metal music mostly that really makes me mad is listening to a generic riff and then listening to a chorus which basically repeats the song title 4 times. Well, i just streamed ' Relapse' and i'm not mad at all. It's actually too funny to get upset.

This album must either be a very impressive trolling session or, well.. nah this can't be serious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    http://exclaim.ca/MusicVideo/ClickHe...e_album_stream

Relapse is streaming. If you have any respect still for Ministry though don't listen. I'm at the third song and Double Tap's ok. The other 2 songs Ghouldiggers and Freefall are embarrassing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I am listening...bad idea. The Last Sucker should've been the end for real.