Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1905

Thread: Ministry

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Opening with Filth Pig? Classy move Al.

Now we just need to get WE BELIEVE back on the setlist!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    From last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I'm busy at work but I got an email about some sort of Peter Hook from New Order and Ministry collaboration.

Am i reading this right?
    is it worth buying the vinyl?
    https://ministryband.bandcamp.com/al...adly-backwards

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    I'm busy at work but I got an email about some sort of Peter Hook from New Order and Ministry collaboration.

Am i reading this right?
    https://ministryband.bandcamp.com/al...adly-backwards
    That looks to be a split rather than a collaboration.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I wonder if this is a new recording or another unearthed song from the vault. If it is new, I am ok if this is the direction of the new album. Sounds like it could be off of DSOTS.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I just wonder if maybe someone out there could provide a high quality version of Stainless Steel Providers that closely matches the mix from the live album?
    I imagine they omitted it since maybe there was an issue getting it cleared for the vinyl, or mastering the copy they have, possibly?
    or maybe it just didn't maybe the cut since there is a limited amount of space they could fit it on to the vinyl?
    The live version (from the same show) of Stainless Steel Providers is out there on a few different releases. The one that has the closest mastering is from the Ryko re-issue of Revco's You Goddamn Son of a Bitch. Just grab that one and throw it in between Stigmata and Public Image. It should line up correctly. https://www.discogs.com/Revolting-Co...release/360839. The track says it was recorded in Glasglow (and in Texas on other releases) but it is in fact, from the same show as "Necronomicon".

It was left off due to time. There were also two spoken word segments from Jello Biafra that were left off as well. There's a CD version that's coming out, but no idea if it's the full show or just the same tracklist as the vinyl.

Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    Separately, I'd love to know the full story behind the back catalog rights and what Warner Music, Cleo, Al et al own vs. license at this point. As happy as I am for recordings like this to see the light of day, it's hard not to wish that they were being handled by anyone but Cleo...
    Al owns everything that was released on Wax Trax! & 13th Planet. As far as I know he doesn't have the rights to anything on Arista, Warner/Sire or Sanctuary. That being said, those labels only own the performances/versions that they released, hence why Al can get away with releasing alternate versions, demos, unreleased live recordings, etc. He's been putting out back-catalog stuff through Cleopatra. I have no idea what label the new Ministry album is coming out on, since 13th Planet is now defunct.

I have to say that Cleopatra is doing a fantastic job with their Ministry releases. They don't have the best reputation, but they've put a lot of thought and time into this stuff. I'd like to consider myself an "early Ministry history buff" and they did a FANTASTIC job with the Trax! Box release. They reached out to hardcore fans, past band members, associates and really pulled everything together nicely. Hands down one of the best box sets of all time, at least in my book.
    Last edited by Senateguard33; 08-09-2017 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    The live version (from the same show) of Stainless Steel Providers is out there on a few different releases. The one that has the closest mastering is from the Ryko re-issue of Revco's You Goddamn Son of a Bitch. Just grab that one and throw it in between Stigmata and Public Image. It should line up correctly. https://www.discogs.com/Revolting-Co...release/360839. The track says it was recorded in Glasglow (and in Texas on other releases) but it is in fact, from the same show as "Necronomicon".

It was left off due to time. There were also two spoken word segments from Jello Biafra that were left off as well. There's a CD version that's coming out, but no idea if it's the full show or just the same tracklist as the vinyl.

Al owns everything that was released on Wax Trax! & 13th Planet. As far as I know he doesn't have the rights to anything on Arista, Warner/Sire or Sanctuary. That being said, those labels only own the performances/versions that they released, hence why Al can get away with releasing alternate versions, demos, unreleased live recordings, etc. He's been putting out back-catalog stuff through Cleopatra. I have no idea what label the new Ministry album is coming out on, since 13th Planet is now defunct.

I have to say that Cleopatra is doing a fantastic job with their Ministry releases. They don't have the best reputation, but they've put a lot of thought and time into this stuff. I'd like to consider myself an "early Ministry history buff" and they did a FANTASTIC job with the Trax! Box release. They reached out to hardcore fans, past band members, associates and really pulled everything together nicely. Hands down one of the best box sets of all time, at least in my book.
    Do you or does anyone else have a copy of all the songs that were once collected from all the Prongs track of the week?
    The stand out track that I can remember on that compilation was a version of Premental Live that sounded like came right around the With Sympathy and Twitch era.
    I've searched everywhere for a torrent but I can't find it and if I do it seems to be dead.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Do you or does anyone else have a copy of all the songs that were once collected from all the Prongs track of the week?
    The stand out track that I can remember on that compilation was a version of Premental Live that sounded like came right around the With Sympathy and Twitch era.
    I've searched everywhere for a torrent but I can't find it and if I do it seems to be dead.
    I'm sure I have some of them backed up on a hard drive somewhere. I'll dig around and see what's there.

That live version of Primental was officially released on the "Chicago 1982" LP, which is part of the Trax! Box set.

For me the most interesting Song of the Week material was the recordings from 1981-1990, which I think has all been officially released by Cleopatra in much better quality.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Woah. Just had a listen to this. The Hooky version is rather enjoyable, and this lead me to think that perhaps the Ministry version might be good too. But no. Another move away from the 'this is literally the best thing ever if you're a 15 year old boy living at home' speed metal vibe, which can only be a good thing, but instead it sounds like something you heard your Dad's mate's generic rock covers band do down the pub at the weekend. Sigh.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    This got delivered a few days back. haven't gotten around to it till tonight.

I like it. I thought it was something unearthed from the old days... but no. apparently this is new...

I gotta say, its way better than anything Al has put out since Paul left. jmtc.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I plan on picking it up eventually. I like Peter Hook's version as well. It's a bit pricey for just two songs, but I'll definitely get it when it goes down in price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone wondering about what Paul Barker has been up to can listen to my interview with him for the Cold Waves festival. He performed a Lead into Gold set 2 years back and will be performing as Malekko this year with Chris Connelly:

https://soundcloud.com/coldwavessoundcheck/615-malekko

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pakalypse View Post
    will be performing as Malekko this year with Chris Connelly:
    What is that? New band with just them two?!!?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Its Chris, Paul and his business partner Joshua.

Its kinda Lead into Gold, Kinda Skinny Puppy, Kinda Revolting Cocks.

I just hung out at his shop / studio a couple months back and got a pretty quick little run down.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    Its Chris, Paul and his business partner Joshua.

Its kinda Lead into Gold, Kinda Skinny Puppy, Kinda Revolting Cocks.

I just hung out at his shop / studio a couple months back and got a pretty quick little run down.
    Well that's exciting. I always thought Paul should just joing Cocksure, as I feel they're the closest thing to classic Revolting Cocks we're ever gonna get. I was really looking forward to Bells Into Machines for that reason and that ended up being pretty terrible IMO. Definitely looking forward to this new project, the song you played was pretty cool.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    which song?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    which song?
    Whoops, thought you were the guy that posted that interview. This is the song: https://malekko.bandcamp.com/track/i...eathing-listen

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks for linking the new track, I really like it. Glad to see Malekko back in the works. I shared this over at Prongs a well.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    Thanks for linking the new track, I really like it. Glad to see Malekko back in the works. I shared this over at Prongs a well.
    Ive been lurking over at prongs forever, that Knowledge Base for Unreleased Tracks has always facinated me. I have some of those tracks, always been interested in those Filth Pig era tracks.

Ive also wondered whats in the vault from the Mind / Psalm era. There has gotta be something...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Ive been lurking over at prongs forever, that Knowledge Base for Unreleased Tracks has always facinated me. I have some of those tracks, always been interested in those Filth Pig era tracks.

Ive also wondered whats in the vault from the Mind / Psalm era. There has gotta be something...
    I'm realmdemagic over at prongs, glad you liked the knowledge base! That was a ton of research and digging around.

I'm interested in the Filth Pig outtakes as well. I think the only thing that's surfaced is the acoustic set of covers from Bridgewater. The other stuff is just rumored. Most of the outtakes from the Sire period got re-used as something else. For example, the music for "Lion's Mouth" re-appeared as "Worthless" on HOTM.

I haven't been able to turn up anything from the "Mind" era. Chris Connelly said that alot of the Wax Trax side projects are Ministry outtakes, so things like PTP and Acid Horse might be from the Mind sessions. Supernaut is, for sure.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been lurking over there for probably 7-8 years, haha. Need to join one day. I've seen the name realdemagic.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Not sure if it has been reported here or not, but vinyl releases of Animositsomina (red vinyl), Spinctour (blue vinyl) and Houses of the Mole (clear or silver vinyl, not sure) are due 9/22/2017. Preorders are up via Bullmoose, Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Not sure if every store is getting colored or black vinyl though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Nice! I knew they were coming out, but not as colored vinyl. I'll need to pick those up.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    Not sure if it has been reported here or not, but vinyl releases of Animositsomina (red vinyl), Spinctour (blue vinyl) and Houses of the Mole (clear or silver vinyl, not sure) are due 9/22/2017. Preorders are up via Bullmoose, Amazon and Barnes and Noble. Not sure if every store is getting colored or black vinyl though.
    Houses I'm looking forward to picking up...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Houses I'm looking forward to picking up...
    Cheapest I have found all three is at collector's choice vinyl:

http://www.ccvinyl.com/search?q=Ministry&mod=AP
    Last edited by renton44; 09-05-2017 at 07:28 AM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Ministry kicked ass at riotfest! Al brought the rock and did not dissaapoint. They even played Bad Blood!

I recorded the entire set, ill post it up as soon as I can. Anyone who wants a copy in FLAC, hit me up.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So its safe to assume he's not being neglectful to his 1992-1999 output as much anymore huh?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    So its safe to assume he's not being neglectful to his 1992-1999 output as much anymore huh?
    I know Just One Fix & NWO have been in the set list for years.

Thieves is another regular, and the earliest song they'll perform. I think they played Diety & The Missing at a couple of shows in the past couple years, but Al has more less stuck to the same setlist since 2006. (plus or minus a couple of songs whenever he puts out a new album)

A little frustrating. The Ministry I know and love is a juggernaut of so many different themes and styles. I want to hear Effigy and Bad Blood back to back, then Stigmata and Halloween. But ah, well. It is what it is, I guess.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I don't see why he can't play "Burning Inside"