Thread: Gone Girl

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Gone Girl

Coming out October 3rd, with David Fincher helming the screen adaptation of the best-selling book, starring Ben Affleck with an impressive supporting cast, and scored by some dudes.

Teaser
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 04-15-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tempted to say this is my most anticipated movie of the year. I love the idea of Fincher directing Affleck: that's an extremely interesting combo in my eyes.

I've had the ebook on my iPod ready to be ready to read for a while now, and I was planning on starting it tonight before I even knew the teaser would show up today. Considering that the author apparently altered the cinematic ending, I don't feel bad about reading the book first. Reading Dragon Tat prior to seeing Fincher's adaptation certainly didn't dampen my deep love for that movie.

Bring it!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Tempted to say this is my most anticipated movie of the year. I love the idea of Fincher directing Affleck: that's an extremely interesting combo in my eyes.

I've had the ebook on my iPod ready to be ready to read for a while now, and I was planning on starting it tonight before I even knew the teaser would show up today. Considering that the author apparently altered the cinematic ending, I don't feel bad about reading the book first. Reading Dragon Tat prior to seeing Fincher's adaptation certainly didn't dampen my deep love for that movie.

Bring it!
    Its a quick read and I think Fincher will do wonders with the material.

Spoiler: Bitches be crazy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Just finished reading Gillian Flynn's first two books "Sharp Objects" and "Dark Places". Both were super great reads, so I'm really excited to start reading Gone Girl. Based on everything going into this movie, this has a ridiculous amount of potential to be one of the best films of the year. Flynn's literary style is a PERFECT fit for Fincher's visual style. You really can't help but picture what you're reading to come out looking exactly like a Fincher project.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 07-07-2014 at 01:28 PM.