Thread: Green Room

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Green Room

Finally saw this movie and OMFG WOW.

Anyone else?

I went in completely cold, not really knowing anything about it other than the fact that Patrick Stewart was finally in a movie again. So I RedBoxed it last night and HOT DAMN I was RIVETED.

Honestly, it had me at HELLO. I was fully immersed and ready to go after the first five minutes and it only got better from there.

No spoilers or else I'd say WAY more! Yelchin may have died young, but GODDAMN he went out with a bang!

This movie and The Guest are hands-down THE BEST low-budget revelations I've stumbled across in the last few months. HIGHLY FUCKING RECOMMENDED.

And HOLY FUCK their soundtracks!!!

ENJOY.

\m/

Last edited by Hazekiah; 07-15-2016 at 12:20 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    absolutely perfect, realistic portrayal of a punk band & the oi/street punk scene/ethos involved. And that's before they even get into the meat of the story/white power scene which seemed pretty damn accurate realistic too. Would like to see again with subtitles as i thought much of the dialogue was muffled/low. Fantastic movie....right up there with Witch as the best movies I've seen this year.

Big things coming for this director I'd imagine (Jeremy Saulnier). You all should see his other movie Blue Ruin which is better in some ways, and just as intense.

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    I mean, really. Everything establishing this movie in punk-scene reality was ABSOLUTELY authentic, right down to their FUCK YOU choice of cover songs at THAT particular venue, lol.

And THANKS for the heads-up, btw! TOTALLY checking out Blue Ruin asap.

And The Witch was also one of my favorite, lesser-known films this past year. Did you know that the daughter's been cast as Iliyana Rasputin in the New Mutants movie? OMFG BE STILL MY HEART. Perfect casting!

And., yeah, subtitles are HIGHLY recommended. LOTS of details you'd miss otherwise.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This was enjoyable. I had some complaints about how Spoiler: the nazis didn't just all rush into the venue when the band left the green room and killed them all instead of sending in some dogs, and then waiting, and then sending in a few other guys

Anyone who hasn't seen Blue Ruin should do so asap.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    For me this was the most intense movie of the year till now and I really enjoyed it. Same with Blue Ruin.

I read somewhere that the director wanted to make the movie now, because he knew, that we wouldnt be able to do such a bleak movie later on in his career. The guy has a plan and I am sure we will hear more from him.

Patrick Stewart was really creepy!

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Man, thanks again for the recommendation, guys!

I am SUPER excited about Blue Ruin now. Never even HEARD of it before but can't WAIT to track it down!

And I've already returned it so I can't double-check without renting it again, but wasn't the..."opposition" all evacuated and/or tied-up with prepping the scene for the eventual CSI crew by then? I don't really feel like that's a plothole/problem/point-of-contention.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Watched it over the weekend. Very good movie indeed. However, I was personally would have done a 180 with the ending. Spoilers I guess: Just as the last two try to escape in a dramatic fashion, have them killed by the leader and then cut. This was the perfect movie for a gritty dark as shit ending.