Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 2159

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I've been feeling this way a long time because of Dany's entire storyline, and now with the wall, it's pretty much confirmed my take on this....

The dragons are lazy and a shame.

"What the fuck is he talking about??" you're asking yourself.

Here's the thing: the whole series is amazingly complex. GRRM has created this massive world with tons of characters, puzzles and riddles to solve, backstabbing, scheming, plotting, etc. There are so many moving pieces and so much going on; it's what makes the series special. So to just go "Oh, Dany's in charge cuz her dragons can burn shit" and "haha now the dead are here cuz their dragon broke the wall", it just feels so lazy and anticlimactic to me. Thousands and thousands of pages full of intricate detail and the overall takeaway is "because dragons". It just feels too simple; like everything else that was linked together is now just background to one piece of brute force. I mean...not that I'm comparing the depth of these two series, but imagine if freakin' Harry Potter just stumbled upon the Elder Wand one day and knocked off Voldemort in one shot.

I'll probably get facepalmed for this post, but so be it. From a visual perspective, the whole "dragon SMASH" thing is pretty cool. Major, major credit to all involved in the VFX departments on this show; they've done an amazing job with it. But from a story perspective...it feels thin.
    I've been reading a lot of these types of criticisms, especially in regard to the ways in which LF and Varys have been treated lately as characters. But I have to ask - what did you guys expect? I feel like it's been obvious for many years that this entire story was about a Kingdom of people politicking and scheming while unwinnable war against an unambiguous evil was brewing quietly in the background. This is the end game. There is so little room left for politics. We've transitioned into fantasy. This was always going to happen, the NK was always going to get the dragon, the ink has dried.

So it doesn't just feel that way - everything else linked together was nothing more than background to one giant brute force.

It sounds like you want a solely Middle Ages politics story and there is no shortage of those. But if you want to enjoy Game of Thrones I feel like you have to enjoy the fact that this is what everything has come down to.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I waited so long for that sex scene and it was so meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    I waited so long for that sex scene and it was so meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My favorite part was the intercut scene of encyclopedic explaining of how what we were seeing was legitimized incest

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    My favorite part was the intercut scene of encyclopedic explaining of how what we were seeing was legitimized incest
    They really wanted to drive that home

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Max Landis (screenwriter/showrunner of Dirk Gently/comic book writer) is killing it on twitter with his GoT jokes and is doing fake dialogue

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Max landis sucks

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Max landis sucks
    Agreed. He's such a chode.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Spoiler alert

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Max landis sucks
    He's a rapist.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I can't believe we have to wait until 2019. That sucks on so many levels.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I can't believe we have to wait until 2019. That sucks on so many levels.
    Has this been confirmed? I've been reading Summer 2018 everywhere. . .

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN64 View Post
    Has this been confirmed? I've been reading Summer 2018 everywhere. . .
    Vox is saying 2019: https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/8/2...-released-2019
    Vanity Fair says maybe summer 2018 but most likely 2019: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...s-who-is-in-it

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Vox is saying 2019: https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/8/2...-released-2019
    Vanity Fair says maybe summer 2018 but most likely 2019: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...s-who-is-in-it
    Bummer. . . I hope the rumors of feature length episodes is true at least. . .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    I've been reading a lot of these types of criticisms, especially in regard to the ways in which LF and Varys have been treated lately as characters. But I have to ask - what did you guys expect? I feel like it's been obvious for many years that this entire story was about a Kingdom of people politicking and scheming while unwinnable war against an unambiguous evil was brewing quietly in the background. This is the end game. There is so little room left for politics. We've transitioned into fantasy. This was always going to happen, the NK was always going to get the dragon, the ink has dried.
    I've often wondered if this is part of the reason Martin's taking so long to finish the remaining books, having had the general idea of the ending this whole time actually taking the time to write it has to be the boring part since it's pretty straigtforward with all the clues that have been laid previously.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    How do you answer these chargers . . . Spoiler: Lord Baelish?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I've been waiting for his reaction to become a gif actually, it was great

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    just wanted to check to make sure that someone I respect wasn't that awful in his commentary...

While you may be related by blood to another Landis, you, Max, suck. SHAME.

Also, you've made nothing near the substance of Game of Thrones, to the point where it'd be hyperbolic to make a comparison point, so shut the fuck up.

but, for clarification via wikipedia, "Landis is a fan of pro wrestling and of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla. He is also an outspoken fan of pop artist Carly Rae Jepsen, with an essay on an analysis of her songs in the works."

Cool.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Hey, don't disparage PWG, please. Max is a douchedrinker for sure but not all wrestling fans are like him.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It is official... no GoT until 2019...
    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/91...urn-until-2019

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I feel like the wait for season seven took forever and just like that it was already over. Six feature length episodes (90-120 minutes, I assume?) should be sufficient to make up for the fact that they're shortening the amount of episodes when compared to previous seasons. I'm also speculating we won't be getting it until Summer 2019, around the two year mark since season seven and in the same way those episodes were pushed back from the usual spring premiere to July. I'll also bet money that the finale to Game of Thrones will debut and play out and conclude and we still won't have any clue when Winds of Winter is getting published, lol. And so my waiting begins, again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Without getting too much into it, over the holidays I was in the hospital and when I got out I was still in very bad shape. Needless to say I was bedridden, I never watched Game Of Thrones I really wasn't into that kind of fantasy stories. I was beginning to get tired of the people in my life asking "How come you don't watch Game Of Thrones?". So I binge watched that shit, all seven seasons.
    Now, I am into it, now I get all the jokes I never got because now I understand the jokes. Arya Stark is my favorite character she is a badass. I thought the actress that played Rob Stark's wife was gorgeous.
    Then I find out I have to wait until 2019 to find out what happens next.

I have one question, How do you guys wait so long?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post

I have one question, How do you guys wait so long?
    Well, it involves a lot of bitching and whining. Also, it involves compulsively checking if GRR Martin has finally, finally finished writing The Winds of Winter and if it's going to be published any time soon.

And when we learn that it's not, there's a lot of bitching and whining at GRR Martin.

There's also checking out Kit Harington's facial hair and haircut for clues.

But mostly bitching and whining is the key.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Prepare yourself.

In a new interview with Game of Thrones‘ visual effects supervisor Joe Bauer, he began talking about the show's eligibility for the Emmy's and said this...

Game of Thrones Season 8 May Not Arrive Until Mid 2019 or Later

"In two years we’ll be eligible for the Season 8 work, which we’re just beginning now,” said Bauer, while speaking with The Huffington Post. “We’re going to be toiling away on season 8 until May of 2019, so it’s eight or nine months away…But the prequel is starting to shoot in February, at least the pilot. So we’ll still have quite a lot to do on season 8 when they’re beginning.”

Source:
    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/97...until-mid-2019

Bad news: no final season of GOT until mid to late 2019.
    Good news: filming on prequel series begins February 2019, which I guess they'll want it to arrive in 2020 not too long after the GOT series finale.
    Last edited by neorev; 08-26-2018 at 01:43 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Prepare yourself.

In a new interview with Game of Thrones‘ visual effects supervisor Joe Bauer, he began talking about the show's eligibility for the Emmy's and said this...

Game of Thrones Season 8 May Not Arrive Until Mid 2019 or Later

"In two years we’ll be eligible for the Season 8 work, which we’re just beginning now,” said Bauer, while speaking with The Huffington Post. “We’re going to be toiling away on season 8 until May of 2019, so it’s eight or nine months away…But the prequel is starting to shoot in February, at least the pilot. So we’ll still have quite a lot to do on season 8 when they’re beginning.”
    Didn't we already know that?

And what does he mean "just beginning season 8"? People have been posting set photos from that for months.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

And what does he mean "just beginning season 8"? People have been posting set photos from that for months.
    He's saying that they will still have a lot to do on season 8 of Got when they're going to start shooting the pilot to the prequel in February. I think he means to say it's going to be even more work for them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

He's the visual effects supervisor... meaning they only just started working on the special effects for season 8 (yes, they have already been filming the live action stuff) and will continue onto doing effects for season 1 of the prequel series when they finish season 8's effects in May 2019.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

George R.R. Martin thinks ‘Game Of Thrones’ could’ve lasted for 13 seasons
    https://www.nme.com/news/george-r-r-...easons-2380686

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm a massive GOT fan, been watching since season 1.

I'm not a fan of prequels.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    George's comments are a bit strange - outwardly it's looked like he's had very little input into the show for several years now. 6 years since his last script, and whenever you hear interviews, he's always sounded disconnected from the process - I don't think he's a regular in the writers' room. And now that the series has completely left the books behind, it could really use a proactive role from him - the writing in this last season has been criticised by a vocal part of the fanbase.

It's not the "13 seasons" part that sounds so odd about it to me - it's the "we"​, with the aforementioned in mind.