Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2159

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Great season, but is there a more useless character than Samwell Tarly?
    I'm thinking/hoping he'll do something important before the end of the series. That's my guess as there's no other reason to include him in the show at all anymore. Could be something he reads in that library about Wights/White Walkers that allows humanity to win that eventual battle. Something'll have to happen with that badass sword he stole as well.

Could be wishful thinking, though.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    That's debatable.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I know nobody cares about Jorah but i hope we get to see him find his cure.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I care about Jorah. I hope he'll find his cure and I want to see him reunited with his formidable niece! Lady Mormont is his niece, right?

Family trees are so complicated on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    As it's pointed out in the comments, there is the possibility that Rhaegar and Lyanna were married, as there was at least one case of polygamy in the Targaryen line. Show wise, for now, Dany is the direct heir to the Iron Throne but if (and this is part of my theory) Sam finds evidence in the library of Oldtown of Rhaegar and Lyanna not only being married but having a son, then it would put Jon ahead of Dany as heir.

I believe Sam will stumble upon this while searching about the White Walkers, in my head canon anyway.
    Last edited by marodi; 06-30-2016 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Our favorite ignorant

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I was hoping there'd be a shot of the fleet journey past Valyria and they'd find a greyscale corpse with Jorah's clothes, but alas, it seems they already reached Sunspear in the last scene.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    There was a montage in one of the episodes where Bran was experiencing scenes from some of his time leaps, and one of them was of the mad king on the throne saying "Burn them all". They never showed the full scene, but the way he said that was creepy as hell. I hope we get to see the whole thing, maybe next season. The creators said there were some Bran visions that got left out, but I'm hoping they put em in later.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    According to Lena Headey, the screenplay was originally much more disturbing and awful/graphic... " The scene was meant to be worse, but they couldn’t do it. This is like the tame version. It’s pretty bad still though. I’d take being exploded in the Sept over that any day."

Some people seem to be convinced that the scene implied sexual violence and rape... Maybe it's people who have been looking for another instance to justify their outrage.
    Still, some people seem to think the way Cersei was touching her and the fact that mountain took off his helmet was spelling it out. Sometimes I can't tell if trolls have truly taken control of the ship, or if a significant number of people are really upset about the things they claim to be upset about.
    Yeah, dude, that didn't even cross my mind, the raping, nor did it cross the minds of anyone who lives with me, as no one mentioned it.
    I GUESS it could be, i don't know...no, no it WASN'T implied. I really don't think that it was at all. Strange how a desensitized society could be so "sensitive" and like, see such things where they most likely aren't.
    Why watch a show full of objectification and violence anyway, if it's going to disturb you?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I've actually been really glad that this season has been so short on the sexposition and misogyny that's pervaded the other years of the show. The two notable tits-out scenes felt necessary to the story and not just there to keep the lowest common denominator focused.

If Lena's right about how that scene with the Mountain was written, it seems this switch is a deliberate production decision - maybe someone in power felt they'd gone one controversy too far. I think the show's a lot better for it, anyway.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Finally! I'm all caught up. I can finally start reading this thread. Season 5 and 6 were definitely the best ones for me.
    I think I might have to re-watch the whole thing again because I feel like I missed so many details the first time around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://winteriscoming.net/2016/07/06/game-of-thrones-season-7-will-premiere-later-than-usual/

That's bad news, bears. So maybe mid-to late summer for next season? Held back for fall 2017? Either way, I want it sooner not later.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Looks that, while no official date has been announced, HBO has confirmed that GoT will be delayed a bit until 'Summer 2017' with 7 episodes.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Fear is for the Winter

7/16/17

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Booooo @ the later start date.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    They also released a teaser trailer:

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Booooo @ the later start date.
    A man has no patience.

Booo at the shorter season!

edit: the sigils tease means that all the great Houses die and Lady Mormont gets the Iron Throne.
    Last edited by marodi; 03-09-2017 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Lady Mormont rules all

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    WTF

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Ugh. Just coming to post about that. I can only hope he dies horrifically on screen.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Ugh. Just coming to post about that. I can only hope he dies horrifically on screen.
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    What's the big deal guys? He'll probably have a minor background role as a bard or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At least it's not Bono.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    What's the problem? They already had Sigur Rós, Mastodon, Coldplay's drummer and some other pop musicians in cameos.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
    What's the problem? They already had Sigur Rós, Mastodon, Coldplay's drummer and some other pop musicians in cameos.
    Yeah but Ed Sheerhan is a chode.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    With everything that's going on in the series (that we don't know about because GRRM is an uber procrastinator) I bet we won't notice Sheeran. But it would be fun if Arya got to kill him!

A girl has no favorite.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Any ideas where Daenerys is? Dragonstone maybe?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
    Right. And I absolutely loved seeing Sigur Ros on there. Hell, I'm buying tickets tomorrow to see Greyworm's (Jacob Anderson, or "Raleigh Ritchie") concert in Chicago the day before my birthday, love that guy. But Ed Sheeran...I'll pass. There may be a day I want to give the guy a chance, but today is not that day.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Someone remind me... Is it okay to post spoilery pics even if they've been released to media outlets? Or just links to them?
    Last edited by Baphomette; 05-23-2017 at 05:01 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    New trailer!