Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72
Results 2,131 to 2,159 of 2159

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I would agree, solid start to the show. I'll keep watching.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    First episode really got me hooked. Everything looks fantastic as well

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, I thought it felt just like Game of Thrones, but with brand new characters. Gonna watch the 2nd episode later tonight. Matt Smith's character feels like he's going to be that "love to hate him" kind of villain.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Still loving this, I don't understand the bad reviews at all. The main characters are phenomenally well acted, especially Milly Alcock and Matt Smith.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Loving this show so far. I thought Episode 3 was great.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Went in with tepid expectations and have been blown away. Episode 3 was great. As others have said, Matthew Smith is killing it. Getting back to early GOT levels of excitement for the next episode.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Some people seem to be confused about the time jumping, but all you have to do is just pay attention to what is being said lol... They don't need to flesh out every single little detail. Seeing the greyscale taking over the Crabfeeder, obviously altering his decision making and mobility, I was glad there wasn't a long, dragged out scene with Daemon and him going 1 on 1.

Matt Smith didn't even have to say one line to completely take over the end of the episode. He's stealing the show for me.

Episode 3 was great, and you can feel the tension starting to build up.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-06-2022 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Idk if this can sustain itself as long as GOT and even if it does it'll be the better part of a decade before we'll be able to compare the two. Regardless of how people feel about the last 3 episodes, GOT was all time great television.

So far this has been great though. I'm surprised I like it as much as I do, I'm wanting the episodes to be longer which is a good sign for the show. I'm also finding Daemon Targaryen to be the most interesting character by far. Gonna be fun to root for the villain/anti-hero/redemption arc/whatever he ends up being. The fun part is idk yet.

But can we get real for a sec? We all know the standard that was set in season one's penultimate episode of GOT. So, which character is going to eat it this season that none of us see coming? At this point I feel like either Daemon or Rhaenyra are going to get the axe. I don't think any of the other character's deaths would have the same gravity as you know who from GOT season 1. Book people, please don't spoil it for me, I have no idea what happens.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm trying to post dragons and the internet is messing with me.

Dragons, take 2:

301738103_622573902568222_1762174063916868770_n.jpg

Great! Dragons! Dany had mosquito size dragons. That is all.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I'm trying to post dragons and the internet is messing with me.

Dragons, take 2:

301738103_622573902568222_1762174063916868770_n.jpg

Great! Dragons! Dany had mosquito size dragons. That is all.
    Gorgeous! I am dying to see The Black Dread (Balerion) in action, at least in a flashback or something. The fact that its fire was colored black says it all.

One aspect that HOTD I think lacks is when they obtain that connection with said Dragon that they're riding. Some cool stuff seems to be happening behind the scenes with that.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Gorgeous! I am dying to see The Black Dread (Balerion) in action, at least in a flashback or something. The fact that its fire was colored black says it all.

One aspect that HOTD I think lacks is when they obtain that connection with said Dragon that they're riding. Some cool stuff seems to be happening behind the scenes with that.
    Yeah, I found that on a 2 years old thread on Reddit. The person who made it did so about the time the books (Fire and Blood) came out. I would also love to see a flashback scene with Balerion!

In the last episode, Daemon's wife, Laena' was riding Vhagar. I too love the fact that the Targaryen children are given a dragon egg who, if it hatches, become their dragon. That's great lore and it reminded me of the direwolve puppies Jon found for the Stark kids.

Speaking of Jon Snow, his great-great-great (etc) grand-dad King Viserys is literally being killed slowly by the Iron Throne. Like Jon, Viserys is a good man but a terrible leader. Instead of making the hard decisions, he's trying to please everyone to keep the peace and, of course, it's not working.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm still loving this show, there hasn't been a meh one yet.

I don't know what the critics were thinking at all.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I'm still loving this show, there hasn't been a meh one yet.

I don't know what the critics were thinking at all.
    I actually think episode 6 was my least favorite episode so far. The time jump and all the recasts just killed the momentum that had been building but I guess it is necessary with them telling a multi-generational story that spans 2 centuries. Probably the first of many major time jumps/recasts.

With all that said I still really enjoyed the episode. What critics are you referring to exactly? I've seen pretty much nothing but praise for the show the whole way through so far.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Speaking of Jon Snow, his great-great-great (etc) grand-dad King Viserys is literally being killed slowly by the Iron Throne. Like Jon, Viserys is a good man but a terrible leader. Instead of making the hard decisions, he's trying to please everyone to keep the peace and, of course, it's not working.
    Agreed! I loved the scene when Rhaenyra is trying to play damage control to Alicent at the high table, and Viserys is just so blind to what is going on right in front of him and is pretty much like, ahhh yes! Splendid idea! Lolol.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    If last weeks episode was my least favorite, this week was my favorite so far. A part of me thinks the show has pacing issues but it also makes it fun to watch it unfold this fast. It lacks the excellent character development that GOT had in spades, think Arya and the Hound, Jon and the Wildlings, Tyrion, Jamie and Brianne etc. We don't get into the heads of these new characters in that way at all really and I miss that but at the same time not really knowing what they are thinking at any given time makes for compelling political dynamics.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I swear that show keeps getting better and better every episode. Someone please give my man Paddy Considine ALL the awards!

I thought I'd never say this but GO DAEMON! And Aemond is going to be so much trouble.

Only two episodes left!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I swear that show keeps getting better and better every episode. Someone please give my man Paddy Considine ALL the awards!

I thought I'd never say this but GO DAEMON! And Aemond is going to be so much trouble.

Only two episodes left!
    Spoiler: Never has an old man walking across a room and up some small stairs to sit in a chair made me feel emotional lol

Daemon's been my favorite character all along and I was worried after the last couple episodes that he'd gotten softer in his old age, glad to see that isn't the case.

This show, even with too many time jumps and recasts to count, has still managed to set the table for one hell of a conflict. And only two episodes to go. There are also characters on both sides I find interesting and there a lot of moves to be made. Most likely shit is going to go down fast and I can't wait. Fire up the popcorn.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Well, at least Vaemond got to keep his tongue.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Wow, save for a few scenes outside, this show still has terrible lighting issues. For such a big budget could they light the interior of the castle with more than one candle? It's ridiculous.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Yeah there are a lot of people with issues about how dark many scenes are. I must confess that I do not have a problem with this but maybe it's because I'm watching the show in complete darkness? No other source of lightning than the old tv. I don't know...

And someone (who is very badass, I must say) lost a golden opportunity to dracarys a whole lot of problems.

Aemond should be told that his uncle Dae spent the last 16 years reading about history and looking for dragon eggs. Uncle Dae is way ahead of you, Evil Legolas. Uncle Dae stays in silence in the back, watching the pieces of the game move before him, making his presence known only when necessary. He studies and plans...

Let the Dance begin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah the awesome dragon scene was outstanding. The creepy feet scene? Not so much! One thing's for sure, notwithstanding my lighting gripe, it's been entertaining so far and I look foward to more.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Word is that episode 10 has leaked online and that whole scenes are being uploaded everywhere (even TikTok). So be careful if you want to make it to Sunday night without knowledge.

Remember: the night is dark and full of spoilers.

I usually love spoilers but strangely, for this, I don't really care to hunt them. Heck, I have the book; if I wanted to have spoilers I'd have read it already!

A last note about episode 9: Rhaenys did not want to leave without Meleys the Red Queen because aside for Vhagar, Alicent's kids don't have adult dragons. Older and war experienced dragons are going to be a hot commodity soon.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Wow that scene with the giant dragon stalking the Prince's smaller one was so damn scary (especially the final reveal of where it was). It reminded me of Jaws, with the sky substituted for the ocean. Outstanding set-up for season 2.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Wow that scene with the giant dragon stalking the Prince's smaller one was so damn scary (especially the final reveal of where it was). It reminded me of Jaws, with the sky substituted for the ocean. Outstanding set-up for season 2.
    Especially with that last shot of Rhaenyra; you could almost see a little Daenerys in her face.

And of course Daemon is keeping tracks of all the dragons. He maybe batshit insane but he's not stupid. The dragon he's singing to is Vermithor, whose last rider was the king before Viserys. So Vermithor is old, only a bit smaller than Vhagar and hasn't had a rider in a long time. Daemon is most likely getting him used to human presence again so someone can claim him and become his new rider.

What an episode that was.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Especially with that last shot of Rhaenyra; you could almost see a little Daenerys in her face.

And of course Daemon is keeping tracks of all the dragons. He maybe batshit insane but he's not stupid. The dragon he's singing to is Vermithor, whose last rider was the king before Viserys. So Vermithor is old, only a bit smaller than Vhagar and hasn't had a rider in a long time. Daemon is most likely getting him used to human presence again so someone can claim him and become his new rider.

What an episode that was.
    This was a really incredible first season IMO, rivaling many GoT earlier seasons. They didn't have as much room to breathe with little side stories or whatever, but it was still amazing.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Yeah I thought this first season was great. Nothing in it anywhere near the impact of Ned in GOT season one, and this show still has a long way to go if its going to try and be that good. But it is definitely good enough and I want to watch season 2 already.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    For a show that had so many time jumps, characters and plots, well... it still felt like House of the Drag-On to me. Cheap, dull and felt like it was directed on auto-pilot. Very few episodes made me feel anything at all, and I didn't care about most of the characters. Paddy Considine and Olivia Cooke were the only reasons I kept watching; even Rhys Ifans and Matt Smith weren't enough to keep me invested in their roles. If there was a Razzie for Worst TV Actress of the Year, Sonoya Mizuno should take it. Ramin Djawadi was clearly phoning it in. I'll still watch season 2 because I'm a bit optimistic about it, but, still... I don't think the GRRM world has anything else to give me other than shock value, bad CGI dragons and grey imagery.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    For a show that had so many time jumps, characters and plots, well... it still felt like House of the Drag-On to me. Cheap, dull and felt like it was directed on auto-pilot. Very few episodes made me feel anything at all, and I didn't care about most of the characters. Paddy Considine and Olivia Cooke were the only reasons I kept watching; even Rhys Ifans and Matt Smith weren't enough to keep me invested in their roles. If there was a Razzie for Worst TV Actress of the Year, Sonoya Mizuno should take it. Ramin Djawadi was clearly phoning it in. I'll still watch season 2 because I'm a bit optimistic about it, but, still... I don't think the GRRM world has anything else to give me other than shock value, bad CGI dragons and grey imagery.
    Not sure I’ve ever disagreed with a post as much as I do with this one, hahaha!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Dragons! Inbred people! But DRAGONS!

I'm watching GoT again, right now, because I'm bored. I'm finding myself thinking "Jon, my boy, it would be nice of you to channel your great great great etc grand uncle (or grand dad? Inbreeding is hard to follow) Daemon right now!" But what did he know...