Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1761

Thread: Game of Thrones - Spoilers

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    544
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Is there anyone in this show who's not involved in an incestuous relationship? For such a major plot theme, everyone seems to be fucking their family.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    478
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    OY! THOSE MEN OUT THERE WANT TO FUCK YOUR CORPSES!

    Love it.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Donegal, Ireland
    Posts
    2,825
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    LORAS CAN GET YOU STARTED.

    Oh, Margaery.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Donegal, Ireland
    Posts
    2,825
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Lol, Tony, you got quoted over on winteriscoming.net

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    342
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sunday is coming.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC
    Posts
    2,622
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    My gf is a fan and watches this. She showed me an episode, as she had from the first series. I saw: lots of old white men with grey beards in dark rooms shouting at each other about armies, kings, battles. Young men and more old men with beards sitting around fires shouting about armies, kings, battles. People wandering around a forest. People wandering around a desert (with pet dragons). People wandering around a snowy forest, before stopping at a camp to sit around a fire and shout about armies, kings, battles. And the dwarf character, who actually seems possessed with some kind of brain and/or sense of humour and a girlfriend. I was hoping for some tits but got nothing. So um, yeah, carry on.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    So um, yeah, carry on.
    If you watched one episode from each season, not knowing what's happening, who's who and all that, then it's probably expected that you didn't get into it. If you have a particular aversion to the genre, then by all means give it a pass. But if not, give it a chance by watching from the beginning. I have several friends that are not generally fond of fantasy/historical fiction that have been completely hooked by Game of Thrones. And there are tits. Lots of them.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    950
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    If anything the amount of fairly graphic sex is excessive. You had bad luck with your episode selection, Aggro.

    One thing that's been bugging me for a while about GoT is that with each episode, story/character development is pushed on fractionally for virtually every character. It makes for quite a frustrating watch, as things only seem to start happening in a major way later in the season (at least, I assume this will happen again with season 2, obviously we've only had one demonstration of it so far), and it never feels like we spend enough time with a particular character or grouping of characters.
    I think the show would work much better if they only covered one to three characters/groups per episode, taking the time to seriously develop that particular strand of the story and enhance our attachment/understanding of that particular character. Maybe later on when there's more happening, they could shift into the current format, spending a little time with most of the cast.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pottstown, PA
    Posts
    1,150
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    One thing that's been bugging me for a while about GoT is that with each episode, story/character development is pushed on fractionally for virtually every character. It makes for quite a frustrating watch, as things only seem to start happening in a major way later in the season (at least, I assume this will happen again with season 2, obviously we've only had one demonstration of it so far), and it never feels like we spend enough time with a particular character or grouping of characters.
    That's been worrying me about this show as well, it will get even worse in the later seasons because there are still about a billion characters that haven't even come into the show yet who will be a huge part of it. They kind of have to jump around right now because they need to set up what's happening with all the different characters in all the different places. That's going to be the tough thing for this show to pull of in the long run, juggling a ton of characters in a ton of places with a ton of shit going on with all of them.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,873
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Fuck you, Joffrey.

    edit: What. The. Fuck. Melisandre.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Donegal, Ireland
    Posts
    2,825
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I spent the whole Sansa scene screaming "YOU ABSOLUTE CUNTS" at the laptop.

    Also, the shadow baby looked like the ghost entity from House on Haunted Hill.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,873
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Bronn said it best: "There's no cure for being a cunt."

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Niskayuna, New York
    Posts
    462
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Watched tonight's episode with a friend of mine. When the credits rolled he looked over and said; "wait, did she just queef out a smokeman?"

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,221
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    My gf is a fan and watches this. She showed me an episode, as she had from the first series. I saw: lots of old white men with grey beards in dark rooms shouting at each other about armies, kings, battles. Young men and more old men with beards sitting around fires shouting about armies, kings, battles. People wandering around a forest. People wandering around a desert (with pet dragons). People wandering around a snowy forest, before stopping at a camp to sit around a fire and shout about armies, kings, battles. And the dwarf character, who actually seems possessed with some kind of brain and/or sense of humour and a girlfriend. I was hoping for some tits but got nothing. So um, yeah, carry on.
    This is a really bad show to walk in on halfway through a season. You should really start from the beginning.

    Also, Margery Tyrell is ridiculously hot. That is all.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    1,877
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    My gf is a fan and watches this. She showed me an episode, as she had from the first series. I saw: lots of old white men with grey beards in dark rooms shouting at each other about armies, kings, battles. Young men and more old men with beards sitting around fires shouting about armies, kings, battles. People wandering around a forest. People wandering around a desert (with pet dragons). People wandering around a snowy forest, before stopping at a camp to sit around a fire and shout about armies, kings, battles. And the dwarf character, who actually seems possessed with some kind of brain and/or sense of humour and a girlfriend. I was hoping for some tits but got nothing. So um, yeah, carry on.
    This really sums it up except for the lack of tits...

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    95
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did nine months pass between last episode and this one or did the red headed chick just go through pregnancy really fast? If so was Stannis just sitting around for nine months?

    Also, everything I read about the show there are people saying "there are no bad guys," and "everyone has two sides," but every scene with Joffrey he is more and more evil. After last nights episode I don't think there is any "other side" they can show that would make me not think of him as a bad guy and want him to die.

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    1,877
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    This show needs more people to root for, especially capable ones. There are good guys, but the only one who ever does anything isthe midget... also i feel like values in this show are so skewed, theres an entire society that i only care about because i want to see more dragons....

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    717
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl View Post
    Did nine months pass between last episode and this one or did the red headed chick just go through pregnancy really fast? If so was Stannis just sitting around for nine months?

    Also, everything I read about the show there are people saying "there are no bad guys," and "everyone has two sides," but every scene with Joffrey he is more and more evil. After last nights episode I don't think there is any "other side" they can show that would make me not think of him as a bad guy and want him to die.
    my husband, who has read the books, says the "pregnancy" was Spoiler: a magic spell of sorts. hence the smoke baby demon thing.

    i agree with Bluegirl. Joffrey is the worst. Maybe the inbreeding made him completely insane. I could barely watch that part. It made me so nervous.
    Last edited by orestes; 04-23-2012 at 07:05 PM. Reason: spoilers

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pottstown, PA
    Posts
    1,150
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah the shadow child was Spoiler: Melisendre's(spelling?) crazy magic shit. This season is about to get really awesome.
    Last edited by orestes; 04-23-2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: spoilers

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Could you not discuss the books here, please? I really don't want to read any spoilers or even explanations that are not given in the series...
    Edit: Thanks, Orestes

    Link to discussion of the books - http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...f-Ice-and-Fire
    Last edited by Lt. Randazzo; 04-29-2012 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Guidance.

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    One thing that gives me great pleasure is the soundtrack. Especially how they have captured just the right feeling for some Houses. Current favourites: The Stannis/Dragonstone Theme (haunting and lonely) and the Greyjoy/Iron Isles theme (well...ocean-y).





    Not very good sound quality on these clips, especially the second one, but there don't seem to be others around so far.
    Last edited by Alexandros; 04-29-2012 at 06:58 AM.

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pottstown, PA
    Posts
    1,150
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    New episode was fantastic, Arya's part with Tywin and Jorah's speech to Danny were both really awesome.

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Oahu
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    New episode was fantastic, Arya's part with Tywin and Jorah's speech to Danny were both really awesome.
    The scene between Tywin and Arya gave me chills. Magnificent casting. Also really liked Brienne & Catelyn in the wood. The actress playing Cat really has an unexpected natural beauty and grace about her.

    The season is clipping along at a frightening pace. Thankfully they will split up Storm of swords into two seasons...

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,221
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    the show is really starting to deviate from the books

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Donegal, Ireland
    Posts
    2,825
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The first Winterfell scene... My feelings...

  26. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,873
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Fuck you, Theon!

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    the show is really starting to deviate from the books
    On a scale of 1 to 10, how much?
    I'm not reading the books right now but I'm planning to as soon as I get the money.
    Last edited by burn.; 05-07-2012 at 09:33 AM.

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    389
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burn. View Post
    On a scale of 1 to 10, how much?
    I'm not reading the books right now but I'm planning to as soon as I get the money.
    Difficult to scale it, since it all depends on how these changes will play out. Nothing has happened so far that cannot lead to the same results in the grand story. But this was the first episode where several non-trivial changes happened. Having said that, I really enjoyed this episode and feel that they've tapped into the correct feeling of the story.

  29. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pottstown, PA
    Posts
    1,150
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    But this was the first episode where several non-trivial changes happened. Having said that
    Exactly, changes were kinda big but it could all play out and end up being the same results without much problem. Was a really great episode, I know Tywin is a pretty bad dude but I can't help but like him in the show, that actor portrays him awesomely.

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,430
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I have yet to see one episode of this series. Does catch me, but will wait till the season is over to see a full two seasons worth.

Posting Permissions