Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.08.20 - London, UK @ Scala [Exclusive Club Performance]

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Didn't win anything from anywhere, so have to satisfy myself with going to see Filter at the Islington Academy instead

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I'm only just getting round to look for somewhere to stay, called the Keystone hostel to ask a few questions, asked how close they were to Scala 'I can see it from here from the window'.

That's it then!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    would anyone else like to hear more songs from with teeth? they only seem to play "only" and THTF, would love to hear "you know what you are" live again

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Definitely, and most especially All The Love. Even if Trent has to duck the high notes, I don't care, it's an amazing song (particularly in the rehearsal instrumentation) and would enhance any setlist it's dropped into.

Triple whammy of Line Begins To Blur, Beside You In Time and Right Where It Belongs would make my year, also. If I was there. *grinds teeth*

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My sister-in-law has given her ticket to my wife for the gig. She was going as her boyfriend's +1 but isn't really a NIN fan, so now my lucky wife gets to go in her place . Very cool. I was wondering what queuing is like at the Scala. It's a small venue and my wife isn't so tall so was hoping to get up on one of those balcony things. Is that a spot you're likely to have to queue early to get? Anyone have any experience of the Scala and can comment?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The Scala doesn't usually get the sort of acts that warrants queueing so it's hard to tell, but the balcony is a good spot if she's small. If she's tiny, someone may let her stand in front of them too (it's happened to me before - guys are usually OK if the person in front is under 5ft!). Otherwise all it really takes is some 6ft idiot anyhwere between her and the stage to ruin it. Also the sound will probably be better, as I was on the floor for Saul Williams there once and basically got my eardrums blown out.

Also good on your sister-in-law. I'm sure there'll be a ticket in it for her when they come back to the UK next year!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    there is no chance in hell of getting a ticket out front is there.....sigh

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    The Scala doesn't usually get the sort of acts that warrants queueing so it's hard to tell, but the balcony is a good spot if she's small. If she's tiny, someone may let her stand in front of them too (it's happened to me before - guys are usually OK if the person in front is under 5ft!). Otherwise all it really takes is some 6ft idiot anyhwere between her and the stage to ruin it. Also the sound will probably be better, as I was on the floor for Saul Williams there once and basically got my eardrums blown out.

Also good on your sister-in-law. I'm sure there'll be a ticket in it for her when they come back to the UK next year!
    Yeah, my sister in law has been really great about it - we'll have to figure out a cool way to pay her back . My wife isn't tiny - somewhere around 5'4" I think. But yeah, she'd like to avoid being behind someone really tall. Balcony sounds like a good choice .

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LeviSnuts View Post
    I bet Scala will get Hesitation Marks in its entirety
    I have a feeling you're right. Or....maybe a CD listening party as opener. Just like they did in 2007 with YZ.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Eh, even if it's just yesterday's performance in a club, I'm good with that.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2013.08.20 - London, UK @ Scala [Exclusive Club Performance]

After I didn't get tickets during the pre-sale I consoled myself by planning to show up at the venue the morning of the show and hanging around to see if I could get in if someone didnt show up last minute or someone's +1 bailed. Now I'm wondering if its even worth it considering the demand for this gig and how I'll be even more pissed if I hang around and can't get in anyway. Ugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was considering the same Rhet. I'd be even more pissed travelling down only to miss out. I'm planning to bank the money, then, catch every date on the next UK tour!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    People showed up at the Bowery and got in. Anything's possible.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    People showed up at the Bowery and got in. Anything's possible.
    true! i've got off work anyway so might as well try..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I got tickets to the Astoria the week before the shows back in 2005 on the official site. Wa shoping for the same luck this time, but alas, no. Can't justify the 600 mile round trip on the chance of some being available on the door.

Next year, then.

Hope everyone has a great time.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tickets for the Astoria went on sale in October 2004 for March 2005 shows.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm so excited for tomorrow

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Twilight View Post
    I'm so excited for tomorrow
    Same here!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys,

I too was planning to hang around the Scala beforehand for returns, but contacted the venue today and they said there won't be any. (But they would say that, wouldn't they?)

Anyway, last ditch attempt to see if anyone has a spare ticket. I live about 10 minutes walk from Scala and can offer overnight accommodation (with my girlfirend and cat) in case anyone's +1 cancels on them at the last minute.

Haven't seen NIN since Reading in 1999/2000(?) and gutted to be so close, but so far.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Bit of info for those going tomorrow. I had a small chance of going at the last minute as a friend of a friend of a friend works at Scala, so he made contact with him today, but no joy - been inundated with calls personally to get in apparently. Anyway there are concerns at the venue as to whether the power supply's going to be good enough, as the band are bringing over 3 'big rigs'. So there will be some sort of production by all accounts....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    Tickets for the Astoria went on sale in October 2004 for March 2005 shows.
    And I bought mine the week before the gig when they released some for both shows - only went to the second night - best NIN show I've seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have fun everybody, you lucky fuckers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    there are concerns at the venue as to whether the power supply's going to be good enough
    angry trent!!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [Shep] View Post
    angry trent!!
    Me too! This coach journey has been HELL! I'll. be off this thing in 20 mins, thank fuck!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Today is the day :d

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone queuing yet? Gonna be heading down to London to drop my wife off at the Scala soon (then take youngest boy to see dinosaurs at NHM).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I hope they will play Everything, to hear how that weird song sounds live.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I bet Trent will make a comment about Everything. Something like "here is my new song that everybody seems to hate"

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Toying with the idea of going down to Scala and just begging people for a spare ticket. It's only an hour away from me, but I could save time, money, and dignity if I just don't go. Torn.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I'm already at the venue in the queue so if anyone has a spare ticket I can get you a great spot!