Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.08.20 - London, UK @ Scala [Exclusive Club Performance]

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2013.08.20 - London, UK @ Scala [Exclusive Club Performance]

If by some sort of massive miracle I win, I think I'll give my +1 to someone on the board..was planning on taking my husband if I bought tickets but since so many fans have missed out and he's not as into nin as the rest of us it only seems fair. Maybe if someone on here wins and doesn't have a +1 they could do the same!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Guess I need to get over my hipsterness and become a Twitter conformist cheerleader now. Woooo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What an awesome gesture. I still think this should have been like the spiral events they used to have (not sure how many will remember these). I recall in Manchester we had pizza and a chat with Trent before a full playback of Year Zero before release. Amazing. This is now well out of proportion, all sorts of people are entering (and will win) 'I love that song, fuck you like an animal'!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sore_and_crucified View Post
    I recall in Manchester we had pizza and a chat with Trent before a full playback of Year Zero before release. Amazing.
    Sounds bloody awesome!

I'm on tenterhooks here, this is even more painful than last friday, and now I've got to switch the internet off to go back to work. Thank god for smartphones!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They appear to be announcing winners as the time passes, however, closing time is 6pm.

it makes sense why the cut off for returns was 12pm. These will be returned tickets I presume.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    100 tickets up for grabs in total. That's 10-12.5% of the entire capacity.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    100 tickets up for grabs in total. That's 10-12.5% of the entire capacity.
    25 pairs so 50 in total.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    100? thought it was just 50

and ya, it would have been great if it was like the old spiral days...i miss them

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    25 pairs so 50 in total.
    Ah, I thought I was counting right because the numbers don't go down in pairs. Still, 5-6% is a lot in that sort of place.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Anyone know if you have to respond to the DM by a certain time? I know it closes at 6 and I've scanned the T&C's but I'm at work and my phone is dying..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    Anyone know if you have to respond to the DM by a certain time? I know it closes at 6 and I've scanned the T&C's but I'm at work and my phone is dying..
    I think it said within 24 hours.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamelion View Post
    I think it said within 24 hours.
    Thanks! I'll be home by then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I feel sort of silly thinking it would be a one tweet only situation having checked a couple of the winners feeds.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by echoespaul View Post
    I feel sort of silly thinking it would be a one tweet only situation having checked a couple of the winners feeds.
    at least one person has won with only one tweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOfAtom View Post
    at least one person has won with only one tweet.
    Ah there is hope then.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    that said, if the website that's putting the winners up is linking to the tweet that won them the tickets, then it is counting more than one i think? or maybe it's only counting the last...?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    kind of a bit peeving when somebody wins by just saying #ninscala 4 times, i've developed unfair hatreds of all the winners!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    that said, if the website that's putting the winners up is linking to the tweet that won them the tickets, then it is counting more than one i think? or maybe it's only counting the last...?
    That's actually interesting. On the homepage it says "1.5 Entrants may only enter this Prize Draw once, and multiple entries from the same person (for example, via several submissions) will be counted as one entry with the first entry being submitted being the entry counted. ".

But they clearly linked to the last tweet of someone who won, who wrote that tweet multiple times.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    "1.3 Entrants must be resident of the United Kingdom."

Fuck me.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It also said that it's only open to UK residents but the first winner was from Germany.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    It also said that it's only open to UK residents but the first winner was from Germany.
    Unless I misread the rules, non-UK residents who win the draw will lose their tickets to the next eligible UK resident. The same applies to anyone who defaults or becomes ineligible for any reason.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    the thing about this is that a proper ballot would be secret, with this they are specifically choosing people based on unknown criteria, whenever they announce some winners does this mean anyone who tweeted before that specific time is totally out of the running ??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dominik View Post

That's actually interesting. On the homepage it says "1.5 Entrants may only enter this Prize Draw once, and multiple entries from the same person (for example, via several submissions) will be counted as one entry with the first entry being submitted being the entry counted. ".

But they clearly linked to the last tweet of someone who won, who wrote that tweet multiple times.

Most seem to be the most recent tweet with the hashtag on the winners account, but at least one isn't, it's the one previous to the most recent. - edit: most recent is a 'random' tweet out of all the hastagged ones.

Part of me wonders if each time the announce a batch of winners, it starts again. Impossible to tell though. - edit: oh, actually i think someone won with a single tweet made when this started, a couple of hours before they actually won. so maybe not. no idea then.

edit: oh. there was also a winner who was possibly removed. the ninscala.com site counted down to 20, then on a refresh was 21 again. i didn't see who it was though, so the removed person may well have won and been put back.
    Last edited by ManOfAtom; 08-16-2013 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Most seem to be the most recent tweet with the hashtag on the winners account, but at least one isn't, it's the one previous to the most recent.

Part of me wonders if each time the announce a batch of winners, it starts again. Impossible to tell though.

edit: oh. there was also a winner who was possibly removed. the ninscala.com site counted down to 20, then on a refresh was 21 again. i didn't see who it was though, so the removed person may well have won and been put back.
    Or someone else was put in their place. Wish we knew how it was working. It's almost as if someone wants us to sit on Twitter all afternoon tweeting about NIN and the Scala...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Seems like it's basically a bunch of casual fans who entered just for the hell of it that are making up the majority of winners. Ugh.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    lol. someone with dozens of #ninscala tweets just won. I guess the paragraph that says multiple entries are not possible is bullshit.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I don't think someone sitting in the Polydor offices right now really cares about that. Or who gets the tickets.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I genuinely think it's random. If not they'd get into massive trouble wouldn't they?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    I genuinely think it's random. If not they'd get into massive trouble wouldn't they?
    yeah, i don't think it's hand picked. i'm not totally sure that it's discounting multiple entries though?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    maybe what they meant by multiple entries was that your username doesn't get, say, 20 chances because you tweeted ninscala 20 times, but they're not disqualifying people who do in ignorance (because of course they probably like people tweeted it more than once)