Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mazzy Star

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    The live recording collection Ghost Highway is getting a re-release, on purple vinyl -

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/mazzy-star/ghost-highway

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Different front cover and text script than the CD version, and Mary of Silence isn't on the CD version, either..

Weird because I've owned this on CD since the time of its release and I always thought it was unofficial AF. It's even blocked from sale on Discogs. But this re-release is listed as an official release there..

Bought it again, on vinyl, regardless. She is and forever will be my favorite singer ever..

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Different front cover and text script than the CD version, and Mary of Silence isn't on the CD version, either..

Weird because I've owned this on CD since the time of its release and I always thought it was unofficial AF. It's even blocked from sale on Discogs. But this re-release is listed as an official release there..

Bought it again, on vinyl, regardless. She is and forever will be my favorite singer ever..
    Please do let the board know how it sounds/looks and whether it’s worth picking-up! :-)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Always loved her track with The Chemical Brothers...

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    Please do let the board know how it sounds/looks and whether it’s worth picking-up! :-)
    Will do..

From what I recall, the songs are from two FM broadcasts of shows from late-1994, with Flowers In December showing up in the setlist years before Among My Swan came out. Considering the complete dearth of MS live bootlegs or official live releases, it's definitely worth grabbing if you want a physical package of them live. I wish the band or someone would issue a live release of the Copenhagen 2000 show(s) they did that had songs we wouldn't hear on record for another 15 years, or in some cases not at all yet..

@neorev Her songs with Massive Attack have been the best thing about Massive Attack for the past 20 years, and her songs on Death In Vegas's Scorpio Rising album are also worth checking out..

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    A radio performance from the So Tonight That I Might See era:

https://aquariumdrunkard.com/2012/02...-paris-france/