Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    If I had to gamble on it, I'd bet WW will be at least decent. I really want it to be, at least.
    I'm expecting it to be on par with something like Thor -- unimpressive but inoffensive and for DC that'd be a victory these days. I'd rather be happily surprised by it than experience what's becoming a pattern with their movies all over again (and I haven't even been impressed by the WW trailers like a lot of people have). I can't think of a reason to have high hopes about it.

And then we get Justice League with a teaser touting the side of Batman we all see him for -- you know, a guy who shoots aliens with machine gun tanks!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I am totally in awe with that shot of Batman on the roof, but yet the movie doesn't have me excited one bit. I want to see where they go with Aquaman and I am hoping for some decent Batman action... other than that I am not sold on anything.

The only superhero movie that has me excited for a while is Guardians Vol. 2 and that won't be a mindbending experience either. Give me the Batman already and a new Iron Man. I don't really care about the rest. No X-Men, no Anvegers and certainly no Green Lantern or what they are cooking up right now.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm expecting it to be on par with something like Thor -- unimpressive but inoffensive and for DC that'd be a victory these days. I'd rather be happily surprised by it than experience what's becoming a pattern with their movies all over again (and I haven't even been impressed by the WW trailers like a lot of people have). I can't think of a reason to have high hopes about it.

And then we get Justice League with a teaser touting the side of Batman we all see him for -- you know, a guy who shoots aliens with machine gun tanks!
    Yea because a guy with no superpowers can sure defeat Parademons with ropes and smoke bombs, and maybe a little shark repellent.

Batman always had weaponry on his vehicles. In comic and also in every movie.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 03-24-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Yea because a guy with no superpowers can sure defeat Parademons with ropes and smoke bombs, and maybe a little shark repellent.

Batman always had weaponry on his vehicles. In comic and also in every movie.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it didn't feel like a sign that rather than realizing people weren't too hot on seeing Batman be a grumpy angsty killing machine that they've instead committed to "Hey, can he blow some more shit up?" It's far and away the least interesting side of that character. Even Final Crisis had him mostly just being the World's Greatest Detective and that arc's about as cosmic as it gets.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Well, let the shitstorm begin...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The tonal inconsistency in that trailer is hilariousa
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 03-25-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The trailer seemed fine to me but hey can't please everyone I suppose...For BvS they showed too much, this time they showed too little lol okay. Anyways I am sure for a movie that's coming out in 8 months there will be a couple more trailers.

P.s. love the Parademons. Hopefully they don't show Superman or Steppenwolf in any of the trailers.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I can't say I liked that trailer (like, at all) but the "I'm rich" line is, admittedly, pretty great. I really hope Affleck gets to be in a good one of these sometime because he seems so full of potential in this role that's largely going untapped.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well that looks terrible.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I can't believe all of you. I must be the only one excited about this. I haven't seen enough of Cyborg to have an opinion yet but The Flash, Wonder Woman and Aquaman look fantastic. And I dig the Batfleck.

Oh and hi Lois!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    Hopefully they don't show Superman or Steppenwolf in any of the trailers.
    That would be great. Really glad they're playing those 2 close to the chest for now – and I'm guessing they will for some time since Superman is nowhere to be found on the new poster either.

Unfortunately, it's a long way to November, and future trailers will no doubt show them in some capacity..? I would have no problem with them pulling a Force Awakens in the sense of keeping him 100% out of the trailers

But again, really glad they're showing restraint for the time being, even if it means getting a pretty plain trailer.

Also: BILLY CRUDUP. <3

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The special effects look horrible

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I happened to enjoy BvS a lot, even with it's flaws and sure as hell didn't deserve the nasty reviews it deserved. I will admit it was wayyy too long though, even with that unnecessary directors cut. The trailer looks pretty good, and REALLY glad they found their humor this time around. But what the hell is going on with Cyborg??? He looks like a walking CGI.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I don't know. I think it might be pretty good and I kinda liked BvS.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    The special effects look horrible
    I didn't care for the trailer but it is worth noting that the gigantic blockbusters like gthese often have CGI being worked on to the very last minute. There have been a lot of movies where the CGI has visibly improved trailer to trailer for identical shots over time and I'd be simply shocked if anything we saw here that was computer-generated still looks the same as it does here.

That said I hate that Cyborg just looks like a big pile of budget running around like he's from the Transformers movies or something. Not a fan of his design in the leasf, especiallg after seeing it in motion.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    who cares about his shit design when you have ghastly Flash costume? Flash is not some fucking mech cyborg. It sucks b/c I feel like they've done a good job on the costuming so far, but having Flash run around with a bunch of metal on him is dumb, illogical & flies in the face of every costume he's ever had.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    guss they are going for that armoured vibe with all the characters after Arkham Knight, the new Injustice game and them facing an otherworldly enemy this time around. But yes, I understand what you mean.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Aquaman's "trident" looks like a weird fork.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    what kind of bugs me is that I have zero clue where this is taking place actually. Are we in Gotham, are we in Metropolis, somewhere in Atlantis or in Greece or some bogus apocalyptic lava-world? my fear is that this movie is way too long as well and a jumbled assortement of various locations, while giving the Flash and Cyborg huge exposition and a villain that fits more to Middlearth than any other place...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    who cares about his shit design when you have ghastly Flash costume? Flash is not some fucking mech cyborg. It sucks b/c I feel like they've done a good job on the costuming so far, but having Flash run around with a bunch of metal on him is dumb, illogical & flies in the face of every costume he's ever had.
    The idea behind that is that Barry made that out of material from space shuttles. So when he goes fast, the suit doesn't crumble under all the speed force. It's not supposed to be like iron man or some shit. Go back and read on the set visit.

Look, I think it looks good. I loved bvs so I'm in this. This is the last one zack Snyder is directing as far as I know. But I have no beef with him. Set is subjective and I really don't watch movies correctly apparently if I can't seem to say movies suck or not, only when I legitimately do not enjoy them.

I'm going off point, this I think will be better than bvs, but I'm still gonna say Wonder Woman is gonna be the best movie from the dceu.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    The idea behind that is that Barry made that out of material from space shuttles. So when he goes fast, the suit doesn't crumble under all the speed force. It's not supposed to be like iron man or some shit. Go back and read on the set visit.

Look, I think it looks good. I loved bvs so I'm in this. This is the last one zack Snyder is directing as far as I know. But I have no beef with him. Set is subjective and I really don't watch movies correctly apparently if I can't seem to say movies suck or not, only when I legitimately do not enjoy them.

I'm going off point, this I think will be better than bvs, but I'm still gonna say Wonder Woman is gonna be the best movie from the dceu.
    All your post did was make me want to watch more h3h3 videos. And so I will. Thanks!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    All your post did was make me want to watch more h3h3 videos. And so I will. Thanks!
    Papa bless.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Nah, I think they have abandoned that idea. If that is the case, then I will gladly say, fuck you snyder.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So if that comes true we'll have gotten adolescent Superman, mopey Superman, and evil Superman all before ever getting actual bright, hopeful, happy, inspiring and smiling Superman in these movies.

The fact that it sounds so shitty and ridiculously against the character makes me believe it's highly likely they'll do it.

Ugh.

All I want is a Superman movie where Superman is properly Superman. Do American Alien. Do All-Star Superman. Would it really be all too hard? The original Christopher Reeves one at least got the character right in his behavior and presence, even if it's dated as all hell these days. I'm getting really tired of Superman trapped in a permanently grimdark black and blue aesthetic.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    On the last Fatman on Batman they talked about bringing Michael Keaton (or even Clooney, but that was Kevin's idea I think) back to do "The Dark Knight Returns" in live action. I'm not totally opposed to that idea. They've also mentioned in the past on having multiple Batmen running around because different actors could portray Batman at different eras and stories. I mean, they really only know what to do with Batman so why not go hog wild.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just announced, Joss Whedon will direct Batgirl.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That's pretty big news. I hope this comes out before gotham city sirens (even though I am not really wanting that kind of movie).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy shit, rumored runtime of Justice League. 170 minutes.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Holy shit, rumored runtime of Justice League. 170 minutes.

I don't mind long films. If its for something like Lord of the Rings or something by Bela Tarr. I'm OK with that. This.... I don't know. I think they need some time to do some trimming.