Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

The DC Extended Universe Thread

Wow. Warner Brothers announces follow up to Man of Steel will be a Superman/Batman film in 2015.

Directed by Zack Snyder, produced by Christopher Nolan, written by David Goyer.

Update: Flash movie will be in 2016, and Justice League in 2017. Henry Cavill will return as Superman, Bale won't as Batman.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 07-20-2013 at 01:36 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Since Bale won't be Batman... will it be Joseph Gordon-Levitt?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That's one of the things everyone's expecting to find out...or if they'll announce any more cast members at all. WB's SDCC panel is happening as we speak, so hopefully we hear more soon!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Didn't they say that the TDK universe is in a separate universe from the upcoming Justice League movies? I could be wrong, I just swear I remember reading that somewhere. I guess JGL could still be Batman if that's the case, but I feel like that would make too many people think it was connected to the end of TDKR.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's official.

BURBANK, Calif., Jul 20, 2013 — On the heels of the worldwide success of “Man of Steel,” director Zack Snyder is bringing together the two greatest Super Heroes of all time–Batman and Superman–for the first time on the big screen. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.
    The current hit, “Man of Steel,” has taken in more than $630 million at the worldwide box office to date, and climbing. Along with its star, Henry Cavill, the upcoming film brings back Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane. The new Batman has yet to be cast.
    Snyder is co-writing the story with David S. Goyer, who will then pen the screenplay. Production is expected to begin in 2014, with an anticipated release date in Summer 2015.
    Silverman stated, “Zack Snyder is an incredibly talented filmmaker, but beyond that, he’s a fan first and he utterly gets this genre. We could not think of anyone better suited to the task of bringing these iconic Super Heroes to the screen in his own way.” Kroll added, “We are thrilled to be back in business with Zack and his team on this next movie. The success of ‘Man of Steel’ is a wonderful testament to the love and support that both fans and new audiences, worldwide, have for these characters. We are very excited to see what Zack has in store for all of us.”
    Diane Nelson, President, DC Entertainment, noted, “Superman and Batman together on the big screen is a dream come true for DC fans everywhere. All of us at DC Entertainment could not be more excited for Zack’s continuing vision for the DC Universe.”
    Zack Snyder, who made a surprise appearance at Comic-Con today, breaking the news to audiences there, later said, “I’m so excited to begin working again with Henry Cavill in the world we created, and I can’t wait to expand the DC Universe in this next chapter. Let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Super Heroes in the world.”
    The new film brings back Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder as producers. This time, Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers, along with Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan.
    Thomas offered, “Whilst our ‘Dark Knight’ trilogy is complete, we have every confidence that Zack’s fresh interpretation will take the character in a new and exciting direction. His vision for Superman opened the door to a whole new universe and we can’t wait to see what Zack does with these characters.”
    The film is based on Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster, and Batman characters created by Bob Kane, published by DC Entertainment.

Can't say I'm really feelin' the logo...

Last edited by october_midnight; 07-20-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Man...that's not pretty. I think I actually liked the one in I Am Legend more. It's not much different, but...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Didn't they say that the TDK universe is in a separate universe from the upcoming Justice League movies? I could be wrong, I just swear I remember reading that somewhere. I guess JGL could still be Batman if that's the case, but I feel like that would make too many people think it was connected to the end of TDKR.
    That's what I was thinking too. And last week there was a rumor that Marvel wanted JGL for Doctor Strange (although I think he may be a bit young to play the good doctor, no?)

Anyway, exciting news! The logo is atrocious though.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: Random Movie/TV News version 2.awesome

Based on the quote posted on wbs twitter account, it seems this could be an adaptation of the dark knight returns.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    That's what I was thinking too. And last week there was a rumor that Marvel wanted JGL for Doctor Strange (although I think he may be a bit young to play the good doctor, no?)

Anyway, exciting news! The logo is atrocious though.
    I wanna say he'd be too young, buuut...I dunno. After seeing him become virtually unrecognizable in Looper, I feel like if he wanted to play Dr. Strange, it'd really only be a matter of getting proper make-up. Whatever happens, happens.

Heh, it'd be really hilarious if Vin Diesel's secret dealings with Marvel turn out to involve him playing Dr. Strange. :P

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I have to begin this by saying I'm not a comic book guy, but looking at this from a filmic perspective. I think this is a bad idea. WB's desire to compete with Marvel and get any semblance of Justice League going seems to have trumped their desire to make this new franchise stand out on it's own like Nolan's.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Total nerd boner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    As cool as this movie may be. I think they should have made at least one more Superman movie. Especially with the way Man of Steel ended, which was the beginning of the Clark Kent most people know.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Possible leaked Batman vs. Superman production art.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'll get shit on but....

DC > Marvel

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Daniel Alter, a producer at WB, recently tweeted something that's either a potential spoiler, or perhaps something he'd like to see...but he never explained (and also didn't hastily remove it should the powers that be give his head a slap). Not MUCH of a spoiler, but...

"Can't wait for #BatmanvsSuperman.. #batfleck Spoiler: semi-retired/not speaking to Robin anymore.. Controlling drones from the batcave."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    With the inclusion of wonder woman,

PLEASE PLEASE LET THE VILLAIN BE DARKSEID!!!!!!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'll get shit on but....

DC > Marvel
    when I was a kid I was all Marvel, and I think that makes sense, because the Marvel struggle is a very adolescent struggle and that's what makes most of them fucking genius to be honest

the DC guys are all "gods," and I think their conflict is infinitely more inspiring now that I'm older -- when done right. Which is to say, I don't really read much anymore, though I thought Final Crisis was fucking genius (now I'm the one who will get shit on)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wonder Woman's big-screen debut. About time! I haven't heard of Gal Gadot before today, but she seems to have the perfect look at least. My immediate prediction is Lois will crush on Bruce Wayne and Clark will crush on Wonder Woman. Cool.

DC may be playing catch-up when it comes to the big budget, live action movies, but they've been consistently making great animated features for years now. The only Marvel animated feature I would put in the same league as the DC ones is Hulk Vs. Meanwhile, DC have pumped out gems like Wonder Woman, Batman/Superman: Apocalypse, and Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns among so many others.

Animation may be a lot less glamourous, but Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox is brilliant and just as entertaining as any of the recent Marvel live-actioners, if not more so - it sure as hell has more balls (Spoiler: everyone dies... violently). Jay Oliva, director of Flashpoint (and storyboard artist on Man of Steel), really sets the bar for how to make The Flash a potentially amazing big-screen character.

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    With the inclusion of wonder woman,PLEASE PLEASE LET THE VILLAIN BE DARKSEID!!!!!!
    That would be awesome. , I don't think it's far-fetched to assume they could be building up to him. Tonally, it's easy to imagine Darkseid wreaking havoc after the terraforming destruction of Man of Steel.
    Last edited by Deadpool; 12-04-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'm so uninterested in Darkseid as alien conqueror though... you look back at those original Kirby stories, even the name, and he's so much more than that....

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I love Gal Gadot, ever since i saw her in the Fast movies.

Although not much to judge acting wise, she's relatively unknown so we'll see how she does.

Judging her based on weight/muscle mass at this point is basically dumb, you can bet she'll have a trainer and be put through quite a program it's not like she's going straight into the film from a photoshoot as much as her model cred and Miss Israel past would lead you to believe.

I think she looks awesome for the role.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Everyone has probably seen the first pics of Gordon and Bullock from the new tv series 'Gotham' but here are the first pics of Selina Kyle and the Wayne family.

It uhh...it all is starting to look quite awful.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Everyone has probably seen the first pics of Gordon and Bullock from the new tv series 'Gotham' but here are the first pics of Selina Kyle and the Wayne family.

It uhh...it all is starting to look quite awful.
    you know, I'm a DC fanboy at heart, but I feel like every, single, thing that DC is doing with its properties these days is doing its best to dissuade me of that. that said, I'm not really a huge fan of Marvel's output either, so maybe I've just grown out of comic book properties. but still -- I re-read the Kirby stuff, the Ditko stuff, the Morrison stuff, and I feel like superheroes are still the coolest fucking thing there is

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    How does the Gotham show work? It's on FOX but all the characters are owned by WB? Will Gotham tie into the Green Arrow and Flash TV shows on the CW? and will they all take place in the same universe as Man of Steel?? This is all a little confusing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "A Batman show without Batman. That's a bold move, Cotton, let's see if it pays off." haha

I'm a little worried but I really want this to be good.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I want to see a live-action Doomsday, that is all. Well i want these films and TV shows to be good too. But Doomsday is probably my favorite villain from the DC universe besides Bane and The Joker. But I'm guessing they'll build him up. Like Marvel is doing with Thanos. Oh well, I love both Marvel and DC. I need to read the cross over stories btw, Are they good.?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    That was a GREAT fucking trailer.

I started off not really giving a shit but I AM IN.

Let's DO this.