Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    You know... In a very weird and twisted way, it actually makes sense.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    So uhh, yeah. Warner Bros apparently wants uhh...Sucicide Squad 2 to be directed by uhh...yeahhhh.

Mel Gibson.
    Well... it's definitely NOT going to be boring, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Mel Gibson to helm Suicide Squad 2? OK, I'm in. Just as long as he doesn't cast Vince Vaughn in a role. That guy sucks.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    So did anyone see The Lego Batman Movie?

I thought it was great, but as funny as some were making out to be. But when it hits its jokes, I was laughing.

Funny, I find it funny that some "fans" pretty much missed the point and feel of the movie and are being a bit over dramatic about the movie.

Also, I love how they acknowledge Batman's entire history from comics and movies, they even mention that he is 90 years old or something like that. Fun movie. Check it out.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Yeah at this point I'd be happy if they outright scrapped the live action movies and went ahead with an entire Legoverse series.

I wish I was kidding.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Mel Gibson is such a delightfully awesome/weird choice for Suicide Squad. He confirmed he's been talking with DC (!!)

Even if he doesn't do it, I'm really tickled by the fact that he's in talks at all.

Anyone else see Hacksaw Ridge? It really moved me. Grateful I was able to see it in theaters because the sound was incredible and it wasn't even an IMAX film – really hoping it takes home the Sound Mixing oscar. A lot of the movie can be melodramatic (especially the hometown pre-Boot Camp/pre-War stuff), but fuck... when the characters arrive in Japan it is unrelenting. Visceral, visceral stuff that hits you like a tidal wave. So, if nothing else, I think Mel could bring his outstanding action sensibility to Squad... especially if they make the sequel R-rated (doubtful).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Well, Matt Reeves is being reported as the new director for The Batman. Pretty much a done deal at this point. Also a script was turned in that Affleck approves. Seems like things are back on track for this movie.
    Matt Reeves backed out today.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I just read, this movie isn't getting made. I guess I'm happy that we at least got a justice league movie.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Matt Reeves backed out?! Good lord.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Well negotiations are at a halt right now, apparently he never said he was doing it. So it could be a tactic on his end or he just doesn't want to do it. I don't care anymore at this point. I'm looking forward to the heroes that never had a movie before so I'm good. Just gotta get flash off the ground.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I also read Ben Affleck doesn't even want to play Batman anymore.
    http://screenrant.com/batman-ben-affleck-leaving-role/

Can we just screw it to the current DC universe iteration of Batman and throw insane amount of money at Nolan to continue his Batman-verse? I would much prefer to see that to be completely honest. I think Nolan could bring us something great that could incorporate The Penguin and The Riddler.
    Last edited by neorev; 02-17-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    FFS.

Here's an idea: maybe we've seen enough of Batman and of Superman already. We've been seeing them for freaking decades now. No wonder they don't know what to do with them anymore.

Just give us Wonder Woman, Aquaman and The Flash already!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    FFS.

Here's an idea: maybe we've seen enough of Batman and of Superman already. We've been seeing them for freaking decades now. No wonder they don't know what to do with them anymore.

Agreed. (Although I do have a bias towards Batman; I'm always OK with more of him. There are so many villains and stories we haven't seen done right yet. Anyway..)

These new characters (new to modern film) are what DC needs right now. Fresh blood and new characters on screen. Let's just hope they're executed better than Suicide Squad..

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    FFS.

Would love that in a way, but we all know there's zero chance of that happening. DC/Warner already feels like they're sticking their neck out with the WW movie. If that flops you can forget anything bolder coming from them.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    FFS.

As much as I want a man of steel sequel and another batman movie, I have to agree with this.

Aquaman is moving production along and Wonder Woman has still yet to release. Again I think WB should say fuck a cinematic universe marvel style and just give us one offs. Maybe another justice league movie to throw darkseid in the mix but that's it. I really think there is no need for a batman movie anymore.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Talk about a turnaround. Matt Reeves has officially signed on to direct, and Affleck is still onboard.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yup, was about to post that. Good. Now can the media just step back away from affleck and reeves about batman? No?

WB should have kept this secret till Reeves was done with press for war of the planet of the apes.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Please, let this be good...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    It's going to be better than good. It's going to be AWESOME! Give it to me now, damn it.

Naysayers and Debbie Downers, I am not listening to you. Wonder Woman will slay all of you.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Looks good. Still not sold on the casting choice, highly unsure if my opinion will change about that.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The sand in that thumbnail must be freakishly hard since neither her metal booted legs nor her sword are sinking into it at all

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It's going to be better than good. It's going to be AWESOME! Give it to me now, damn it.

Naysayers and Debbie Downers, I am not listening to you. Wonder Woman will slay all of you.
    You mean...
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    The sand in that thumbnail must be freakishly hard since neither her metal booted legs nor her sword are sinking into it at all

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Eh, I'm not really saying anything about the movie itself, just the graphic design choices for that poster. That said I don't think this'll be amazing but I also think it'll be the first "average" movie in this franchise and will get a warmer reception than Man of Steel did. I'd love to be proven wrong and to see it kick ass, though.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    lol, I know.

Something from the latest trailer that has been bugging me since the first one: When his plane crashes, she's looking out over the cliff, right? The plane tracks to the left of her, but she continues to stare straight ahead. It's a weird thing that bugs me for some reason. Maybe because it gotta be easy to fix, maybe because it's such a small niggle that a multi-million dollar film should just have it right in the first place?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I still hate the rock music, but fuck yes on aquaman.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Last edited by october_midnight; 03-23-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    What happens if any of the actors smile in these movies? Does the studio kill their firstborn?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    What happens if any of the actors smile in these movies? Does the studio kill their firstborn?
    At least Batfleck got his classic Animated Series smirk once.

It says a lot about their concern around the image of this movie and universe that they're trying so hard to generate excitement with all of these utterly lame posters and teasers all of a sudden. They still haven't convinced me Wonder Woman won't suck so they have a long way to go before selling me on Justice League. They cut a great trailer, but that doesn't mean anything anymore about the movie itself when it comes to this franchise.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    If I had to gamble on it, I'd bet WW will be at least decent. I really want it to be, at least.