Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I think they are going to wait and see how the audience reacts to her when they finally see her. I think they are scared shitless
    I think you are right but I still don't really get it??

Like at least Marvel has the excuse (sort of?) of not having a female lead who is on par popularity wise as their main Avengers and what not. I just see no real logical reason to actually be scared that a Wonder Woman film won't do well. She's one of the biggest names in comics of all time....I do get that the movie will be looked at with extra scrutiny due to it being a female led movie, but that is only because there are so few female leads and female characters on screen to being with! It's bullshit to expect one woman to represent all of womanhood on film, and the scarcity makes it so the burden is disproportionately on the backs of these few female characters. Its totally unfair but the only way to stop this trend is to just make the god damn movies. I just think they need to get it done. Easier said than done obviously but COME ON!!! They expect us to believe Wonder Woman is inherently harder to pull off than Batman vs Superman or Justice League - without each character having an intro movie ..

But yeah hopefully audiences receive her well and it will get green lit. I just hope they don't fuck her up in these movies then use that as an excuse for why the character is innately too difficult to adapt. I could totally see that happening.
    Last edited by littlemonkey613; 05-13-2014 at 12:02 AM.