Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    it will be on Youtube anyway so I wouldn't get nervous about it. Still haven't seen that movie and I'll probably end up cutting it down to all the Batman scenes...

on another note this is happening:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeHAk-aH...y=joelkinnaman

suicide squad getting back into shape. And while it would not have saved that movie I desperately wish Joel Kinnaman would have never entered the cast and Tom Hardy stuck around to play Rick.
    I have to admit, I ended up hating the movie after I watched it a third time with my girls ( they love Harley because of Superhero girls) and I I couldn't enjoy past the 30 min mark. If the rumors are true about this movie being Affleck's last hurrah in the cowl, I would feel that would be a waste.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Well Harley among Batman in his few scenes are the only things that make this mess of a movie watchable. And yes, it'd be a damn shame if this would be Affleck's last portrayal of Batman.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    When they recast Batman, I hope to god they recast Joker.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I hope they stop putting out half assed movies with no teeth and/or meaning.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I hope they make a Plastic Man movie.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    DC announces new Metropolis live action series from producers of 'Gotham'.

DC & Warner Bros have set a new 13-episode series, METROPOLIS, set before Superman's arrival, following "Lois Lane and Lex Luthor as they investigate the world of fringe science and expose the city’s dark and bizarre secrets." Will run on DC's digital service in 2019.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

DC & Warner Bros have set a new 13-episode series, METROPOLIS, set before Superman's arrival, following "Lois Lane and Lex Luthor as they investigate the world of fringe science and expose the city’s dark and bizarre secrets." Will run on DC's digital service in 2019.
    If its as shitty as Gotham is, then no thanks.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

No.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ehhh. I don't really see it and honestly think this Joker movie is such a dumb idea and cash grab. DC is all over the frigging place grasping at straws to pull in some money.

Is Scorsese still involved?

"As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a Joker."

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Is Scorsese still involved?
    Heh, with which one? At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if we suddenly had Scorsese directing one Joker movie, which is also now Suicide Squad 2, AND is starting both Jared Leto AND Joaquin Phoenix as The Joker. Who even knows anymore?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Heh, with which one? At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if we suddenly had Scorsese directing one Joker movie, which is also now Suicide Squad 2, AND is starting both Jared Leto AND Joaquin Phoenix as The Joker. Who even knows anymore?
    When The Joker movie was announced, Scorsese was named being involved in it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    When The Joker movie was announced, Scorsese was named being involved in it.
    I know that, but it was more of a joke about the fact that I think I've heard of two different Joker movies being made, all being said to star a different character to play Joker, plus Suicide Squad 2 and any potential Harley Quinn movies now, and I'm musing at DC just saying "fuck it, we don't know what we're doing" and putting them all together.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 02-08-2018 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @ImTheWiseJanitor ah gotcha

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Does this count as a DC movie?

Wait a minute. Looking at the casting and:
    Will Arnett as Slade Wilson / Deathstroke, a supervillain and Robin’s arch nemesis.[4]
    Does this mean that Batman is Robin's arch nemesis? Does this not seem like a dumb casting decision?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Anyone watch Gotham By Gaslight yet? Good? I had heard in the lead-up to it's release that it was going to be faithful to the comic and a quality release.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Anyone watch Gotham By Gaslight yet? Good? I had heard in the lead-up to it's release that it was going to be faithful to the comic and a quality release.
    It's good, not amazing. They changed the identity of Jack The Ripper from the original graphic novel. Better than the last few animated movies they've put out. Worth watching but nothing spectacular or requiring a second viewing.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Phew it's incredible how much shit is flung around the internet when it comes to DC. Apparently Snyder was fired from the movie and did not leave on his own terms. Either way, there's so much stuff going on, opinions, backstabbing and wrong assumptions, it's not even funny anymore. The Nightwing movie's also not happening anytime soon. And now Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker?!

And then there's Marvel with two high profile movies aiming for another highly successfull year. Unbelievable how bad DC is doing right now and very sad. I'd love several projects to happen and to be actually good. But my hopes for Aquaman are considerably low and a new Batman movie no matter how good it is in the end will probably leave a sour taste in my mouth as I really liked what Affleck did with the role.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Is Joss still working on the Batgirl movie?
    Batgirl[edit]

In March 2017, Joss Whedon was hired to write, direct and produce a Barbara Gordon / Batgirl-centric film.[181] According to Entertainment Weekly, the film will draw inspiration from The New 52 comics by Gail Simone.[182] In April, Whedon stated that he was drawn to the character because of her choice to become a vigilante, even though she did not have a childhood tragedy like Bruce Wayne / Batman had, and that the damaged aspect of the character will be explored in the film.[183] In July, Geoff Johns stated that Whedon will begin production on the film in 2018.[184] At the San Diego Comic-Con, the title was announced to be Batgirl.[156] After varied response to the reshoots and retooling of Justice League by Whedon, his role with Batgirl came into question,[185] which prompted Warner Bros. to make an official announcement that the filmmaker is currently working on the film's script.[186]
    So I take that as a strong maybe considering the state of WB right now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow. A veteran entertainment reporter is leaving the field, so in his own IDGAF way is releasing a few bombshells, including that Zack Snyder was indeed flat out fired from the DCEU.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Wow. A veteran entertainment reporter is leaving the field, so in his own IDGAF way is releasing a few bombshells, including that Zack Snyder was indeed flat out fired from the DCEU.
    Oye vey; from now on (and more than ever) everything wrong with the DCEU will be Zack Snyder's fault. Replacing him on Justice League did so much good after all. *roll eyes*

For the record: I did enjoy Man of Steel and B vs S is getting better with every new viewing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I know it's a bit weird, but I'm hella pumped for the new anime Batman Ninja in April.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

The DC Extended Universe Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Phew it's incredible how much shit is flung around the internet when it comes to DC. Apparently Snyder was fired from the movie and did not leave on his own terms. Either way, there's so much stuff going on, opinions, backstabbing and wrong assumptions, it's not even funny anymore. The Nightwing movie's also not happening anytime soon. And now Joaquin Phoenix as the Joker?!

And then there's Marvel with two high profile movies aiming for another highly successfull year. Unbelievable how bad DC is doing right now and very sad. I'd love several projects to happen and to be actually good. But my hopes for Aquaman are considerably low and a new Batman movie no matter how good it is in the end will probably leave a sour taste in my mouth as I really liked what Affleck did with the role.
    Zack was working on the film till may and then his daughter killed herself.

I refuse to believe someone would use that to hide the fact that he got fired. Which he did not, and is against the rules according to the DGA.

Did wb completely meddle with his movie, yes indeed. Was it known they were shitting their pants because audiences were not on board with what was being produced, of course.

Hence the movie we got( which I enjoyed, minus the obvious botched removal of the stache) is what it is. I think if WB sees enough home media sales of this movie they could release that “snyder cut” every snyder cultist is salivating over.

Also, I know WB owns DC, but can we please stop saying things like “DC doesnt know what they are doing”. DC comics have nothing to do with the production of the movies and their comics are doing just fine, and even out selling the competition.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 02-13-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I'm totally aware of DC being very successfull with their main product: selling awesome comics. But the shit show that is going on behind the scenes (not only with DC itself but constributors in the cinematic franchise, Sony and Warner inclueded...) is remarkable.

Here's recent news:

https://batman-news.com/2018/02/22/j...-have-a-story/

Really? Didn't have a story? To be frank, this could apply to every movie they have in their pipeline right now to which production didn't start yet...

In other news the Aquaman movie presumably had a test screening which was rather positive. I'm actually looking forward to this one as Mamoa was a highlight for me in JL despite his "yeah" and "alright" banter. We shall see. I still have faith that there are good movies to be released within the DC cinematic universe.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Whedon didn't have a Wonder Woman story in him either after he hogged the project up a few decades ago, and, well, we see what happened with Black Widow in AOU.

I'm OK with this.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I think we dont need a batgirl story. They need to release main characters and then put some focus on the secondary characters. And they also need to stop going to gotham, so many great characters they can choose from.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm watching Justice League and it's like pulling teeth.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Whedon didn't have a Wonder Woman story in him either after he hogged the project up a few decades ago, and, well, we see what happened with Black Widow in AOU.

I'm OK with this.
    Few decades? *looks at Wikipedia*

Whedon was hired to write and direct a Warner Bros. adaptation of Wonder Woman. However, in February 2007, Whedon announced that he would no longer be involved with the project. "We just saw different movies, and at the price range this kind of movie hangs in, that's never gonna work. Non-sympatico. It happens all the time".[
    Holy shit, it has been a few decades. Woah.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh boy...John Campea, the guy who broke the news about Affleck not starring in The Batman, the Gyllenhaal news, etc. (i.e. he's pretty credible) has apparently learned some insanely bad news about WB and DCEU that he knows is '100% true'...and if he were to just out and out say it, people would be 'pissed. we're talking pitchforks in a mob here.'

Article with video of him talking about it.

edit: I'm gonna toss in my prediction. Reeves has walked away and The Batman is just flat out being scrapped altogether.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 03-01-2018 at 11:10 AM.