Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    A Joker origin movie? This is worst idea I've ever heard since Blomkamp's Alien sidestep flick. Mike Myers did not need an origin story and neither does The Joker, especially when it's directed by Todd Phillips. This reeks of desperation.
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/78411
    Desperation? Nah, it's more of taking a chance since WB owns all these characters.

I think it's not needed that's for sure. And it's also not going to star Jared Leto. People are speculating that it's going to be solely for WB's streaming service. That at least seems likely.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Let's face, WB screwed the pooch with the DC universe...

Now, according to a KCRW interview (via Batman On Film) with The Batman director Matt Reeves, the caped crusader’s solo film will be completely divorced from the DCEU.

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...4Kvw0a2zdEB.99

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Even better, The Hollywood Reporter apparently ran a story about the Batman film a bit ago with a typo that said '...with a new actor.' before correcting it. Quite a few people in my twitter feed were having heart attacks for a while.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    jesus, I have no idea if this is all due to bad wording, or people having spilled the beans too soon in the past or misinformed actors, but even after the rise of Wonder Woman there is nothing but bad news coming from the DCEU. Way too many film announcements for a franchise that isn't stable yet, way too many sideflicks within as well and what the heck is wrong with Batman/Affleck (the only thing apart from Wonder Woman that is truly working atm)? Then we have the Flash movie and directors who run away from it, we have Deathstroke who no one knows anymore if he is still a considered villain, we have all the talks about Armie Hammer, we have Snyder stepping away from the JL movie, we have Jesse Eisenberg who said he has been cut from the movie entirely and now a Joker origins movie AND a Harley & Joker movie together with Batgirl, Gotham City Sirens and Suicide Squad 2 as well as Nightwing.

I have absolutely no clue what to believe anymore and if this is seriously this bad or just false information and rumors that are wild on the internet.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    @mattreevesLA

Jeez, what'd I miss, guys...?

Just to be clear: Of COURSE Batman will be part of the D.C. Universe. Batman will be BATMAN...

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

The DC Extended Universe Thread

I have to say, I think there is a media bias towards D.C.

The media never freaks out when marvel does their reshoots, or freaks out when the Captain Marvel movie has hired new writers.

That Hollywood reporter journalist really seems to have a boner on Affleck leaving or the batman movie to fail.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I still can't believe we're getting more Leto Joker, let alone another suicide squad AND separate different casting Joker movie...does anyone at DC/WB know what they're doing, or are they just throwing around random ideas and just running with them in hopes something will work?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    it's truly getting absurd here. And Leto has to get over the fact that some method acting doesn't guarantee a stellar and memorable performance. Especially not when you are dealing with a character that is open to a lot of interpreations and who has been portayed very differently but groundbreakingly already twice.

But DiCaprio as Joker? Show it to me, but right now, I will doubt it. Why don't just get someone totally new on board of this? Look at Gotham, they cast someone relatively unknown to great effect. I'd love to see a very special yet rather unknown actor take on this iconic role. Or just have Crispin Clover or Willem Dafoe do it...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Note: this image is even more fitting b/c it is apparently a circus trainwreck.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    *Script calls for charismatic happy-go-lucky type*

Film execs: Can we get Leonardo DiCaprio

*Script calls for rugged, wizened fatherly type*

*Script calls for psychopathic anarchist*

*Script calls for morbidly obese werewolf woman of Japanese heritage with cybernetic implants, ancient knowledge of dead languages, laser eyes, and a butt that just won't quit*

*News outlets report on this accordingly. Occasionally replace with Johnny Depp or Tom Cruise*

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    it's truly getting absurd here. And Leto has to get over the fact that some method acting doesn't guarantee a stellar and memorable performance. Especially not when you are dealing with a character that is open to a lot of interpreations and who has been portayed very differently but groundbreakingly already twice.

But DiCaprio as Joker? Show it to me, but right now, I will doubt it. Why don't just get someone totally new on board of this? Look at Gotham, they cast someone relatively unknown to great effect. I'd love to see a very special yet rather unknown actor take on this iconic role. Or just have Crispin Clover or Willem Dafoe do it...
    Yes! I saw a photoshopped picture of Dafoe with Joker make-up somewhere on the internet earlier this year and he absolutely has the face for it. If he can laugh like a crazy person, he'd he perfect.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    ughh Leo as the Joker? Bad idea.
    This isn't even like when Heath was announced and people booed. Heath's acting was always way more malleable than Leo's and it paid off in the casting. Every movie that Leo DiCaprio is in he is Leo DiCaprio. I never feel that he disappears into a role. He is always him. For this reason I feel that he would make an awful Joker. The other thing is that he is too pretty. The Joker needs to be somewhat grotesque.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yes! I saw a photoshopped picture of Dafoe with Joker make-up somewhere on the internet earlier this year and he absolutely has the face for it. If he can laugh like a crazy person, he'd he perfect.
    If?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Nothing is official.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I've been thinking about how a Joker Orgn mvie could work, and i think i have a good idea.

The movie should be one big Troll on the audience, allow me a second or 2 to explain.

The film starts out with the Joker being interrogated. The Cop/Gordon/babs (not Batman) will be our point of view as the audience, and the Joker will be explaining his origin to them/us. The film will do what we're then all expecting, heading back to the 60s/70s/80s are showing us how the Joker became the 'Joker', but somethings will not sit right. Events will not match up with what we know, details will change slightly as the movie unfolds, time will skip and not make sense (at least not right away) until the climax where we find it...it was all a lie. We were all just being stung along by the Joker, just like everything with him, and none of it (or at least what he wants us to believe) will have happened. It allows for the Joker to have his origin and keep his mystery. It should probably end on him doing something unhinged and disturbing, like preparing to remove his face is a nods to the comics story or something, but we should walk out thinking "so was that all just a lie?"

...in better writing hands i think this could really work.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Patty Jenkins to return for Wonder Women 2

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...oman-2-reports

...tbh i thought this was a given, surprised it's taking WB so long to confirm it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Regarding the Joker origin movie, the script is apparently being handed in next week, with a 2018 start date possible.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New JL trailer drops Sunday.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Make that 9am EST Sunday!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Love it!

And I'm calling it now: Ezra Miller is going to steal every scene he's in. I adore his Barry.

When did U2 cover Heroes? I must have been asleep for that... or that's not U2. I may also been asleep when Aquaman learned to fly but okay. I just need to be awake more often.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Fuck yeah!!!!!!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Love it!

And I'm calling it now: Ezra Miller is going to steal every scene he's in. I adore his Barry.

When did U2 cover Heroes? I must have been asleep for that... or that's not U2. I may also been asleep when Aquaman learned to fly but okay. I just need to be awake more often.
    Apparently it's Gang of Youths

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^
    Thanks! Darn this singer sounds like Bono though.

And upon several watches, it looks like Aquaman gets pushed by Cyborg, so he's technically a ping pong ball being bounced around? Okay.

I love that they kept Supes out of the trailers (sort of). Can't wait to see how they are going to handle him.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Danny elfman sorta spoiled it. So avoid any interviews with him

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Really dig that trailer, and Aquaman is already a favorite of mine. Love the lighter/enjoyable feeling you get from the dialogue and the chemistry between all the characters.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I love that they kept Supes out of the trailers (sort of). Can't wait to see how they are going to handle him.
    Agreed!

We made it through every major trailer without the marketing giving away the farm (no pun intended) RE: Supes.

We obviously got that really moving intro in the latest preview, but no Superman proper, which is really refreshing. I think that restraint up until now will really help make his appearance in the movie both earned and profound. I, too, can't wait to see how they handle him.

Same. His line about pushing people and running away still makes me howl.

I've been a big fan of his ever since Perks of Being a Wallflower which is such a different performance/character from the first film I saw him in (We Need To Talk About Kevin). Was also shocked to see what a great musician & singer he is in Sons of an Illustrious Father when they opened for Saul Williams not long ago. Ezra rules.
    Last edited by Deadpool; 10-08-2017 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    still just looks like a rushed, big ol' CGI mess to me with no discernable plot or direction. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    To be fair i've found all the DC movies (from Man of Steel) CGI to be mess, even in Wonder Woman, but as long as it's an entertaining mess i don't mind.

This probably won't be my fav film of the year, but it's not looking like it'll be anywhere near my worst films of the year...so that's already a win for me.