Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Oh boy...John Campea, the guy who broke the news about Affleck not starring in The Batman, the Gyllenhaal news, etc. (i.e. he's pretty credible) has apparently learned some insanely bad news about WB and DCEU that he knows is '100% true'...and if he were to just out and out say it, people would be 'pissed. we're talking pitchforks in a mob here.'

Article with video of him talking about it.

edit: I'm gonna toss in my prediction. Reeves has walked away and The Batman is just flat out being scrapped altogether.
    If Reeves walks, whatever. But I dont think that is going to happen, hopefully. I think the big stink is that Michael Bay, who was rumored to direct the Lobo movie, is going to take over Superman. Oh boy.

Edit: According to this tweet, he is still in it.

https://twitter.com/mattreevesLA/sta...238847488?s=20

Shit guys, we might have Michael Bay directing a Superman movie.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 03-01-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    If Reeves walks, whatever. But I dont think that is going to happen, hopefully. I think the big stink is that Michael Bay, who was rumored to direct the Lobo movie, is going to take over Superman. Oh boy.

Edit: According to this tweet, he is still in it.

https://twitter.com/mattreevesLA/sta...238847488?s=20

Shit guys, we might have Michael Bay directing a Superman movie.
    Mel Gibson is going to direct a DC movie.

I'd be fucking furious about that.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I have no clue what the bad news could be in this case. Reeves out? Well, the Batman has faced so many throwbacks people won't go ape shit over this if it were true. A reboot of the DCEU? Many people would love that.

He says it could be next month or even half a year this news is reveleaed so it HAS to be something bigger than one movie, one director or one role.

Either way, looking forward to Aquaman and Wonder Woman 2 either way.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Mel Gibson is going to direct a DC movie.

I'd be fucking furious about that.
    He was in talks to direct Suicide Squad 2, that didnt go far.

Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    I have no clue what the bad news could be in this case. Reeves out? Well, the Batman has faced so many throwbacks people won't go ape shit over this if it were true. A reboot of the DCEU? Many people would love that.

He says it could be next month or even half a year this news is reveleaed so it HAS to be something bigger than one movie, one director or one role.

Either way, looking forward to Aquaman and Wonder Woman 2 either way.
    I am eagerly awaiting Aquaman and hoping the positive things said about a test screening are true.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tommy Wiseau finally got his role as the Joker huh

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Well, scoopers are trying left and right to find out what Campea knows, so far a well respected dude went to his sources and can say that this has nothing to do with Superman, Reeves, nor a reboot. so we shall see

https://twitter.com/I_Am_MFR/status/969334700920713216

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This could be it.

WB's courtship of MI director, Christopher McQuarrie, could result in them being able to hire Tom Cruise to play Green Lantern.

https://screenrant.com/tom-cruise-gr...ovie-director/

Fuck. No.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    This could be it.

WB's courtship of MI director, Christopher McQuarrie, could result in them being able to hire Tom Cruise to play Green Lantern.

Fuck. No.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    This could be it.

Fuck. No.
    Jesus H Christ on a cracker, Tom Cruise has already killed Universal's Dark Universe! UGH!!!!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    This could be it.

Fuck. No.

• Matt GoldbergVerified account @MattGoldberg 6h6 hours agoMore

Matt Goldberg Retweeted Umberto Gonzalez
      First off, there’s no real reporting here or trying to independently verify the story. Credit to Umberto for doing the legwork:

Matt Goldberg added,
      Umberto GonzalezVerified account @elmayimbe
      Not doing a rumor killer story on McQuarrie/Gl Corps but sorry guys, really old news. They couldn't make a deal happen last October. Just got confirmation.

2 replies6 retweets16 likes
      Retweet

Direct message

• Matt GoldbergVerified account @MattGoldberg 6h6 hours agoMore

Second, you’re just baiting fanboys. It gets people talking about Tom Cruise in Green Lantern with nothing to back it up. It’s great for clicks, but you should be providing information, not inflating rumors.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I can't see Tom Cruise as Green Lantern. All I see is..... TOM CRUISE.... DUN-DUN-DUH.... is DUN-DUN and DUH-DUH-DUH and has to DUH-DUH and then BLAH-BLAH and BLAH-BLAH-BLAH, BOO-BAH and BAH-BAH.... TOM CRUISE in BAH-BOO-BLAH-BLAH-DUN-DUN-DUH!!!!!

He's been making nearly the same fucking movie for the past 20 fucking years as there's a rare moment when they're any good like Edge of Tomorrow yet he's playing characters who could be in their 30s yet he's fucking 50.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Patty Jenkins just tweeted out confirmation.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Sure. OK. Now make a Super Friends movie.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Sure. OK. Now make a Super Friends movie.
    Would that include the fucking Wonder Twins?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Sure, why not. Cast Kumail Nanjiani and Mindy Kaling while you're at it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    oh my god, that would be fucking fantastic. they would be the most sarcastic wondertwins ever. i love it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Nicolas Cage is finally playing SUPERMAN!!!... in the Teen Titans Go! to the Movies film.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2018/03/12/exclusive-halsey-plays-wonder-woman-lil-yachty-green-lantern-teen-titans-go/415282002/

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Nicolas Cage is finally playing SUPERMAN!!!... in the Teen Titans Go! to the Movies film.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2018/03/12/exclusive-halsey-plays-wonder-woman-lil-yachty-green-lantern-teen-titans-go/415282002/
    "have i ever told you how this here cape is a symbol of my individuality and my belief in personal freedom?"

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    In all honesty.... I'm so looking forward to this more than anything else they have planned for Superman! Honestly, I thought he would've been an awesome Superman...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    What I learned today is that someone is looking at animating that Superman story and getting him to do that voice. Could be...well, something.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    oh my god, that would be fucking fantastic. they would be the most sarcastic wondertwins ever. i love it.
    I'd be fine with it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    "Maybe I was too hard on Justice League, let's give it another whirl..."
    *gets 45 minutes in*
    "What a pile of dogshit."
    *pours another bourbon*

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    "Maybe I was too hard on Justice League, let's give it another whirl..."
    *gets 45 minutes in*
    "What a pile of dogshit."
    *pours another bourbon*
    Yeah I watched it last night and holy shit was it terrible. Ezra Miller was the only good part of the movie, I'd check out his solo Flash film if it ever gets made. The FX were so bad, Cyborg and Steppenwolf looked so fake it's not even funny. DC should just give up on this shared universe and go back to pure solo movies.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Yeah I watched it last night and holy shit was it terrible. Ezra Miller was the only good part of the movie, I'd check out his solo Flash film if it ever gets made. The FX were so bad, Cyborg and Steppenwolf looked so fake it's not even funny. DC should just give up on this shared universe and go back to pure solo movies.
    Or the Flashpoint idea at least, haha. You've got Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne in place already, saying in interviews as recent as a few days ago that he'd basically love to do it...and it gives them an out to sorta reboot the entire thing. Keep a few of the same actors/actresses sure, but damn...the Marvel execs must be sitting back with the fattest cigars just grinning ear to ear.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Oh yeah I forgot about the Flashpoint reset rumors going around. They should definitely do that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    JDM's most recent quote:

We'll see. I mean, look, DC is DC and they'll figure out what they're going to do next. But I'm highly aware of the character, I will say that. I'm highly aware of the character, and it would probably be a thrill of a lifetime to put on the Batsuit.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    There were/are several problems with the DC approach that ended up causing all of this.

1. Studio interference with the original MoS sequel plans. Snyder wanted to do MoS 2 and refine what worked and what didn't in MoS and WB lept in with HE HAS TO FIGHT BATMAN NOW. WB has had a hard-on for Batman vs. Superman for years going back to when they were pushing a versus film in 2001 with JJ Abrams. I think that they had a sense that MoS would age better (which is arguable) and decided it was time for the shared universe NOW.

2. BvS in general. It was too bloated and too much. The framework of a good movie was there but all of the beats that had to be hit were too damn much. Also, see Suicide Squad.

3. Geoff Johns, CCO. I think Geoff has been the biggest problem. Geoff is a great writer for DC and has done great work in partnership with Greg Berlanti with the Arrowverse shows. However, Greg has proven to be capable of driving that ship and knowing who to bring in to run each of those shows to make them work. Geoff never should have been the point person for the movies since he was juggling way too much. This is why Feige runs the movies for Marvel and Loeb does the TV shows. Both work with Joe Quesada, the CCO, to keep things focused, though Feige has proven to be more self-reliant. This isn't the case with Geoff. He has a reputation for clashing with Dan DiDio on the publishing side and also caused delays with BIG publishing events and other titles since he was hogging all of the toys in the toy box. Geoff needs to guide but needs to also let go and learn to work with others. It seems as though WB has made this decision for him with their reorganization.

4. HIGHLIGHT YOUR HEROES IN SOLO MOVIES BEFORE SMASHING THEM ALL TOGETHER. I remember attending C2E2 when someone asked DC Editorial at the Superman panel about their shared universe and they essentially said that the approach was going to be different from Marvel so they weren't just copying them. Screw that. COPY MARVEL. It is no accident that Wonder Woman was a good movie (great when compared to the other DCEU movies) and why early reports from the Aquaman test screenings have been positive. Keep it simple and focused on one so that when they show up in the big team-up movie, it means something. Also... you don't have to develop your main leads in the giant movie. We already knew about Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow (even though she featured in IM2 and not her own flick), Nick Fury, Loki, and Coulson so we could just head straight into the giant team-up without having to develop their individual back stories.

I think Flashpoint could be a way to fix things since they're in post on Aquaman, they're filming Shazam and they're casting Wonder Woman 2, so you obviously don't want to scratch everything now. But yeah, I'm mostly disappointed more than anything with everything we've gotten so far.

ETA:

5. Still giving Zack Snyder three films to direct and craft and then being surprised that Justice League was a mess when he submitted a cut in December 2016. I firmly believe the rumor that he was fired from the film after he submitted this cut and that the news of his daughter's suicide forced WB to reveal that Joss Whedon had been working on the film since then. I think WB was trying to pull a Rogue One: reveal after the movie's release that Tony Gilroy did the reshoots and that Gareth Edwards was still involved with editing supervision but not those reshoots.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I am not going to post and defend the movies I liked. People can hate what they want, and people can like what they want. I liked justice league, and I liked what was given minus Suicide Squad. Saying that, I am glad the Zack Snyder era is over. I hope all his cultist type fans jump ship and leave it alone. I will watch a synder cut of Justice League if it ever releases, but I know for a fact that it wont fix whatever issues people had. In fact, unless they give him another comic book movie, but I dont see myself seeing another Zack Snyder movie.

Aquaman is buzzing good, I am on board for Wiig's casting, Shazam is looking promising. Keep Cavil, Keep Mamoa, Keep Miller, Keep Gadot, move on from Affleck. Give these actors proper movies and not worry about team building. DC and WB can only go up from here.

Edit: Dont be surprised if WB also moves on from The Batman and Matt Reeves.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 03-14-2018 at 10:40 AM.