Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Yup, was about to post that. Good. Now can the media just step back away from affleck and reeves about batman? No?

WB should have kept this secret till Reeves was done with press for war of the planet of the apes.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Please, let this be good...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    It's going to be better than good. It's going to be AWESOME! Give it to me now, damn it.

Naysayers and Debbie Downers, I am not listening to you. Wonder Woman will slay all of you.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    It's going to be better than good. It's going to be AWESOME! Give it to me now, damn it.

Naysayers and Debbie Downers, I am not listening to you. Wonder Woman will slay all of you.
    You mean...
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    The sand in that thumbnail must be freakishly hard since neither her metal booted legs nor her sword are sinking into it at all

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Looks good. Still not sold on the casting choice, highly unsure if my opinion will change about that.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    The sand in that thumbnail must be freakishly hard since neither her metal booted legs nor her sword are sinking into it at all

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Eh, I'm not really saying anything about the movie itself, just the graphic design choices for that poster. That said I don't think this'll be amazing but I also think it'll be the first "average" movie in this franchise and will get a warmer reception than Man of Steel did. I'd love to be proven wrong and to see it kick ass, though.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    lol, I know.

Something from the latest trailer that has been bugging me since the first one: When his plane crashes, she's looking out over the cliff, right? The plane tracks to the left of her, but she continues to stare straight ahead. It's a weird thing that bugs me for some reason. Maybe because it gotta be easy to fix, maybe because it's such a small niggle that a multi-million dollar film should just have it right in the first place?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I still hate the rock music, but fuck yes on aquaman.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Last edited by october_midnight; 03-23-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    What happens if any of the actors smile in these movies? Does the studio kill their firstborn?

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    What happens if any of the actors smile in these movies? Does the studio kill their firstborn?
    At least Batfleck got his classic Animated Series smirk once.

It says a lot about their concern around the image of this movie and universe that they're trying so hard to generate excitement with all of these utterly lame posters and teasers all of a sudden. They still haven't convinced me Wonder Woman won't suck so they have a long way to go before selling me on Justice League. They cut a great trailer, but that doesn't mean anything anymore about the movie itself when it comes to this franchise.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    If I had to gamble on it, I'd bet WW will be at least decent. I really want it to be, at least.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    If I had to gamble on it, I'd bet WW will be at least decent. I really want it to be, at least.
    I'm expecting it to be on par with something like Thor -- unimpressive but inoffensive and for DC that'd be a victory these days. I'd rather be happily surprised by it than experience what's becoming a pattern with their movies all over again (and I haven't even been impressed by the WW trailers like a lot of people have). I can't think of a reason to have high hopes about it.

And then we get Justice League with a teaser touting the side of Batman we all see him for -- you know, a guy who shoots aliens with machine gun tanks!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm expecting it to be on par with something like Thor -- unimpressive but inoffensive and for DC that'd be a victory these days. I'd rather be happily surprised by it than experience what's becoming a pattern with their movies all over again (and I haven't even been impressed by the WW trailers like a lot of people have). I can't think of a reason to have high hopes about it.

And then we get Justice League with a teaser touting the side of Batman we all see him for -- you know, a guy who shoots aliens with machine gun tanks!
    Yea because a guy with no superpowers can sure defeat Parademons with ropes and smoke bombs, and maybe a little shark repellent.

Batman always had weaponry on his vehicles. In comic and also in every movie.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 03-24-2017 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Yea because a guy with no superpowers can sure defeat Parademons with ropes and smoke bombs, and maybe a little shark repellent.

Batman always had weaponry on his vehicles. In comic and also in every movie.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it didn't feel like a sign that rather than realizing people weren't too hot on seeing Batman be a grumpy angsty killing machine that they've instead committed to "Hey, can he blow some more shit up?" It's far and away the least interesting side of that character. Even Final Crisis had him mostly just being the World's Greatest Detective and that arc's about as cosmic as it gets.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    I am totally in awe with that shot of Batman on the roof, but yet the movie doesn't have me excited one bit. I want to see where they go with Aquaman and I am hoping for some decent Batman action... other than that I am not sold on anything.

The only superhero movie that has me excited for a while is Guardians Vol. 2 and that won't be a mindbending experience either. Give me the Batman already and a new Iron Man. I don't really care about the rest. No X-Men, no Anvegers and certainly no Green Lantern or what they are cooking up right now.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

Well, let the shitstorm begin...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The tonal inconsistency in that trailer is hilariousa
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 03-25-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The trailer seemed fine to me but hey can't please everyone I suppose...For BvS they showed too much, this time they showed too little lol okay. Anyways I am sure for a movie that's coming out in 8 months there will be a couple more trailers.

P.s. love the Parademons. Hopefully they don't show Superman or Steppenwolf in any of the trailers.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tums206_BFY View Post
    Hopefully they don't show Superman or Steppenwolf in any of the trailers.
    That would be great. Really glad they're playing those 2 close to the chest for now – and I'm guessing they will for some time since Superman is nowhere to be found on the new poster either.

Unfortunately, it's a long way to November, and future trailers will no doubt show them in some capacity..? I would have no problem with them pulling a Force Awakens in the sense of keeping him 100% out of the trailers

But again, really glad they're showing restraint for the time being, even if it means getting a pretty plain trailer.

Also: BILLY CRUDUP. <3

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I can't say I liked that trailer (like, at all) but the "I'm rich" line is, admittedly, pretty great. I really hope Affleck gets to be in a good one of these sometime because he seems so full of potential in this role that's largely going untapped.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well that looks terrible.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I can't believe all of you. I must be the only one excited about this. I haven't seen enough of Cyborg to have an opinion yet but The Flash, Wonder Woman and Aquaman look fantastic. And I dig the Batfleck.

Oh and hi Lois!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The special effects look horrible

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    The special effects look horrible
    I didn't care for the trailer but it is worth noting that the gigantic blockbusters like gthese often have CGI being worked on to the very last minute. There have been a lot of movies where the CGI has visibly improved trailer to trailer for identical shots over time and I'd be simply shocked if anything we saw here that was computer-generated still looks the same as it does here.

That said I hate that Cyborg just looks like a big pile of budget running around like he's from the Transformers movies or something. Not a fan of his design in the leasf, especiallg after seeing it in motion.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I happened to enjoy BvS a lot, even with it's flaws and sure as hell didn't deserve the nasty reviews it deserved. I will admit it was wayyy too long though, even with that unnecessary directors cut. The trailer looks pretty good, and REALLY glad they found their humor this time around. But what the hell is going on with Cyborg??? He looks like a walking CGI.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I don't know. I think it might be pretty good and I kinda liked BvS.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    who cares about his shit design when you have ghastly Flash costume? Flash is not some fucking mech cyborg. It sucks b/c I feel like they've done a good job on the costuming so far, but having Flash run around with a bunch of metal on him is dumb, illogical & flies in the face of every costume he's ever had.