Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Ask and you shall receive...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Leaked pic of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman...

Also, Affleck arrived in Detroit but no point in posting the pics because it's just...Ben Affleck walking to a car.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    But I'll bet Affleck walked to the car like a total badass

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    But I'll bet Affleck walked to the car like a total badass
    Sorta.....

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    10/10 would click again

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Seconded. ^

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New Batman vs Superman set photo released that made me shit myself.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Also, official title has been announced:

"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice"

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hopes for this movie will be high but it has huge potential to be a massive piece of shit. Hoping to the former.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

First official promo poster.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That logo is pretty sexy. I like the title too.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I like the look of it quite a bit and think the title is fine; a lot of people have complained about it, but honestly, it's just a simple fact that having Batman and Superman in the title are more likely to get people excited than calling it something like World's Finest or what have you. It just makes sense marketing-wise and I don't mind.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

Don't you DARE try to do a new Joker!!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Nice to finally have an official title! Where'd you get that set photo from, october_midnight?

I guess the subtitle is a little excessive, but I actually like it in regards to Batman & Superman's first meeting being what sparks the Justice League. It suggests how their relationship is the foundation for the entire team. Bats & Supes represent the extremes that provide the core balance of the JL. The only thing that maybe bothers me about the title is that Batman gets billing over Superman, but then again it's appropriate since it lets you know right off the bat (no pun intended) that Batman will be a major part of this sequel.

Only 2 short years til we get to see how it turns out!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post

its not a set photo

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    YOU'RE not a set photo.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    The only thing that maybe bothers me about the title is that Batman gets billing over Superman, but then again it's appropriate since it lets you know right off the bat (no pun intended) that Batman will be a major part of this sequel.
    I don't think it's necessarily a billing thing. You could look at it two ways: alphabetically, or how it sounds to your ear. "Superman v Batman" just doesn't flow as well as "Batman v Superman."

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Not to mention, I can almost guarantee you they had about 15 people in a room for a meeting for no less than 2 hours going over both options and which name to put first.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I still kind of hope that ends up not being the primary title. Dawn of Justice is great, but billing it as Batman v Superman implies that's going to be the entire movie, when I feel like instead it's going to be like how, in The Avengers, they fought for a little bit before agreeing to not be assholes to each other for the rest of the movie.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I like the new look and title. Apparently people on twitter are having a shitfit about it, but as the kids say, haters gon' hate. Some of the criticisms are like "LOL dawn of JUSTICE...what is it gonna be, a LAW MOVIE? LOL" that kind of shit.

I think it's a fitting title for a movie that lays further groundwork for the Justice League. Honestly, after the initial shock of the casting choices, my optimism for this movie increases with every picture/title/news update released.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Take this for what it's worth, but insider Ben Fritz is apparently leaking DC's movie plans online:

- First DC movie after Batman v Superman will be Suicide Squad.
    - Wonder Woman movie coming in 2017.
    - Second 2017 movie: Justice League.
    - 2018 DC movies: The Flash starring Ezra Miller, and Aquaman starring Jason Momoa.
    - 2019 DC movies: Shazam (with Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam) and Justice League sequel.
    - Other DC movies in the works: Cyborg, a Green Lantern reboot, and new standalone Superman and Batman movies.

edit: Apparently not as much a 'leak' as a report from a shareholder call, more people reporting it as true.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    BURBANK, CA, October 15, 2014 – Today at a Time Warner investors meeting, Warner Bros.’ Chairman and CEO Kevin Tsujihara outlined an aggressive content strategy for the Studio aimed at increasing profits while “doubling down on outstanding content, working with the best talent and maintaining the culture that makes Warner Bros. so great.”
    “The demand for high quality video content is growing fast – in the United States and around the world – as new technologies have created new platforms and millions of new connected consumers,” said Tsujihara. “The opportunity is huge. And no studio is better positioned to take advantage of it than Warner Bros.”
    As part of his presentation, Tsujihara announced a bold expansion of the industry’s broadest theatrical slate, built around the largest, most important global franchises. Warner Bros. Pictures will release three LEGO-branded films over the next four years, building upon the enormous success of this year’s “The LEGO Movie” ($468 million worldwide box office), starting with “Ninjago” in 2016, directed by Charlie Bean and produced by Dan Lin, Roy Lee, Phil Lord and Chris Miller. Batman will take a star turn in “The LEGO Batman Movie” in 2017, directed by Chris McKay, and the sequel, “The LEGO Movie 2,” will debut in 2018.
    The Studio will release three pictures, in 2016, 2018 and 2020, based on best-selling author J.K. Rowling’s original story and screenwriting debut, “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.” Set in an extension of her familiar wizarding world, featuring magical creatures and characters inspired by Harry Potter’s Hogwarts textbook and its fictitious author, Newt Scamander, “Fantastic Beasts” will be directed by David Yates, who directed the last four Harry Potter movies, and reunite the filmmaking team of David Heyman, J.K. Rowling, Steve Kloves and Lionel Wigram.
    And, in a massive expansion of the Studio’s DC Entertainment-branded content, Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema will release a slate of at least 10 movies—as well as stand-alone Batman and Superman films—from 2016 through 2020 that expands this prized universe of characters:

• “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
    • “Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
    • “Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
    • “Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
    • “The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
    • “Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
    • “Shazam” (2019)
    • “Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
    • “Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
    • “Green Lantern” (2020)

On the television front, Warner Bros. Television Group is the undisputed industry leader, providing 32 shows to the five broadcast networks and an overall roster of more than 60 shows among network, cable, first-run syndication and animation. WBTVG will grow its leadership across multiple fronts, including cable, premium platform and kids programming as well as further its precedent-setting activities in SVOD and international television production and format sales.
    Among the Studio’s programs are network TV’s #1 entertainment series in “The Big Bang Theory” and #1 unscripted series in “The Voice,” as well as favorites such as “Arrow,” “The Flash,” “Gotham,” “The Middle,” “Mom,” “Pretty Little Liars,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “The Bachelor” franchise, “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” and many more.
    For Turner, Warner Horizon Television’s “Rizzoli & Isles” and Warner Bros. Television’s “Major Crimes” are two of the top three scripted series on all of basic cable for 2014, and the #1 and #2 shows, respectively, on TNT. The Studio has a number of future projects set up at TNT, including a pilot production order for an untitled drama set in the unpredictable world of the Florida cocaine trade in the 1970s, from Jerry Bruckheimer, Michael Bay and Michelle Ashford, and is in development on “Titans,” from Academy Award-winner Akiva Goldsman and Marc Haimes, based upon the DC Comics characters.
    At HBO, WBTV’s first series for the premium television company, the critically acclaimed “The Leftovers,” debuted this summer and has already been picked up for a second season. WBTV has also produced the pilot “Westworld,” from executive producers J.J. Abrams, Jonathan Nolan, Jerry Weintraub and Lisa Joy, and starring Sir Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris and Evan Rachel Wood, and has a number of other projects in development at the company.
    Warner Bros. Animation is producing new series based on the Studio’s iconic brands, such as the upcoming “Be Cool Scooby-Doo!” and “The Tom and Jerry Show.” WBA’s “Teen Titans Go!” ranks as the #1 show in its timeslot against all kids’ networks.
    For the first time ever, Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution has licensed the exclusive subscription-video-on-demand (SVOD) rights to one of television’s most successful series ever, WBTV’s “Friends,” to Netflix in the U.S. and Canada. Starting January 1, 2015, Netflix members will have access to the entire 236 episode run of the series, which is still an enormous linear hit on cable (Nick at Nite and TBS) and in broadcast syndication.
    Worldwide Television Distribution has also sold the off-network SVOD rights to the hit Warner Bros. Television series “Person of Interest” to Netflix in the United States. The first three seasons of the series, which currently airs on CBS, will be made available to subscribers in fall 2015, at the same time the series premieres off-network on WGN America.
    These two deals are just the latest examples of how the Studio’s hit series continue to serve as annuities for decades beyond their initial broadcast. Further increasing the value of Warner Bros.’ library, since 1999, WBTVG has developed and produced 20 series that have reached the 100-episode milestone or will do so during the 2014–15 season.
    “At Warner Bros., we are united to not only continue to create the world’s greatest entertainment content, but to over-deliver on our financial targets,” said Tsujihara. “I’ve been with the company for over 20 years and I can’t remember a time when I’ve felt more confident about our future. We’re committed to maintaining and enhancing the great legacy of Warner Bros., the world’s most iconic and profitable studio.”

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I finally saw "End of Watch" this week, and I really enjoyed it (even if some things about it bothered me), and every time I've seen the "Fury" trailer, I've been a little more curious - WHICH IS TO SAY I'm definitely intrigued by David Ayer directing "Suicide Squad." There's no way it'll be R-rated, but I get the feeling he'll bring some ballsyness to it.

It's also really nice to have confirmation of solo "Wonder Woman" and "Cyborg" movies. Was "Blade: Trinity" the last time we had a black superhero movie? Will this light a fire under Marvel's bum to develop a "Black Panther" or "Black Widow" flick?

I had no idea Ezra Miller was in the running for The Flash (did anyone?) but I thought he was phenomenal in The Perks of Being a Wallflower (and fittingly bratty in We Need To Talk About Kevin), so I think he'll do great. He's an interesting choice, and I mean that in the best way possible. I love the idea of Jason Momoa as Aquaman.

The phrasing of "Justice League Part One/Two" worries me in that it kind of sounds like it might be a cliffhanger, but I'm hoping it's just their way of avoiding the blandness of using the titles "Justice League" and "Justice League 2."

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Wow. I am so down with this cast. I feel GREAT about this movie right now.

Suicide Squad cast revealed:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/su...ot-1201368867/

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Cara Delevingne?!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's obviously a completely unrelated storyline, but would love Leto to rock some kind of prosthetic for the skinless-faced version from the New 52 storyline.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    this cast is so absolutely bonkers that I'm actually interested

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I seriously want to meet who casts these DC character film roles, I really do. Eugh.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Will Smith as Deadshot is so crazy and out there that I can't help but be interested just to see how that works.