Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    love the way aquaman looks, hate everything we've seen him do or say ("my man!" "yeah!" "i dig it") in these trailers. so far it looks like at least 2 separate instances of the "colossus throws wolverine" gag from x-men 3. i really want this movie to be good, or at least fun. i even find something redeeming in the green lantern movie, if just that i got to see some of my favorite comic book characters on screen, but i am very worried about this movie.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    hope none of the characters does that super akward flying like Ares does in Wonder Woman. Heck, even Superman looked stupid in MoS and BvS in parts. Hope they don't handle Steppenwolf the same way.

Other than that this looks like a fun ride but I can't see the movie getting raving reviews. Affleck and Mamoa look cool as fuck though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by talkingnothing View Post
    love the way aquaman looks, hate everything we've seen him do or say ("my man!" "yeah!" "i dig it") in these trailers.
    I'm not the biggest Momoa fan, but I love the way he believably manhandles the 6'4" Affleck in the original trailer and simply tells him to "talk." Intimidating.

Furthermore, I really appreciate his "Honestly, I think we're all gonna die" line & delivery thankfully, it's not played for laughs, and just comes across as bleak, which it should given the persistent theme of the odds being stacked against these meta-humans (at least individually). Love his other line, too "This is crazy: Fighting the devil and his army. In hell."

The more lighthearted Aquaman stuff seems like Momoa's real life personality shining through and being implemented.