Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    IF any of these are TRUE, WB ruined this movie internally.

Unsure if this was shared here, not gonna search 5 pages worth of stuff since release. I still enjoyed the theatrical cut but with all the deleted stuff this movie would've been twice as potent than it was.

The Harley Quinn and Joker relationship would've been more accurate to the usual depiction of abuse and "obsession." Killer Croc would've actually been worth a second bat of the eye. Etc.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    With the demand for those scenes in sure you will see them on disk.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    At this point, Leto is out and out saying he feels he was tricked, and was pitched something entirely different than what was in the final film.

As much of a pompous knob he is, and I've met him a few times, had a drink with him and his brother...and oh boy lol what a knob, this is definitely a fucked thing to do to an actor. Apparently he won't even watch the theatrical cut and who can blame him.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    At this point, Leto is out and out saying he feels he was tricked, and was pitched something entirely different than what was in the final film.

As much of a pompous knob he is, and I've met him a few times, had a drink with him and his brother...and oh boy lol what a knob, this is definitely a fucked thing to do to an actor. Apparently he won't even watch the theatrical cut and who can blame him.
    So they pulled a Jeremy Renner/Hawkeye/The Avengers thing on him?

I saw the movie and I agree too that he has every right to be pissed. Margot Robbie, Will Smith and him are the best parts of SQ. And as fans we have every right to be pissed too: the marketing evolved heavily around The Joker. So everyone was robbed.

I did enjoy the movie. It's been a very long time since I've enjoyed Will Smith so much in something. I agree it had flaws but they did not annoy me as much as the soundtrack did. I will buy the BD when it comes out and we'd better get those deleted scenes, damn it.

And where is my Flash movie? I want it now.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    IF any of these are TRUE, WB ruined this movie internally.

Unsure if this was shared here, not gonna search 5 pages worth of stuff since release. I still enjoyed the theatrical cut but with all the deleted stuff this movie would've been twice as potent than it was.

The Harley Quinn and Joker relationship would've been more accurate to the usual depiction of abuse and "obsession." Killer Croc would've actually been worth a second bat of the eye. Etc.
    None of these would have saved this movie, only protracted the pain of watching it. none of these fix the movies myriad issues.

One of the comments on that thread is "basically they cut every thing from the trailer that made the movie look... cerebral..." which is laughs. Suicide Squad never looked cerebral. lol

And this is why I love Adam West Batman. Adam West Batman, truly understands batman and sees the hokeyness for what it is. it LEANS in and it's better for it. there's nothing like it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    While I prefer Christian Bale and Michael Keaton as Batman. I can't say no to Adam West. He is Batman Classic. I just hope they do that Batusi.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Deathstroke clip revealed as he is announced to be the main villain in the Affleck directed Batman film as well as POTENTIALLY being in the JL movie

I love the character and that they chose him but it blows since he was on Arrow so we have conflicting portrayals again along with squandering potential to see another new villain hit the film we haven't seen before.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-29-2016 at 06:02 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Deathstroke's never been in a live action feature film and is a fantastic Batman villain. That suit looks nuts and I am all for it. I just know costuming isn't really the problem with these movies, though, so I'm holding off on being excited.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Deathstroke's never been in a live action feature film and is a fantastic Batman villain. That suit looks nuts and I am all for it. I just know costuming isn't really the problem with these movies, though, so I'm holding off on being excited.
    I meant live action, not film per se haha.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    What I wouldn't give for a Snyder-directed Batman vs. Deathstroke fight – or a Deathstroke vs. JL fight (any other Identity Crisis fans out there?), I honestly don't know what idea excites me more.

Maybe we'll get a taste in Justice League, but Affleck has proven he has a Michael Mann-esque handle on good action... and he's already stated he's learned a lot from Snyder as far as directing big-budget spectacles, so whatever the case, I. Can't. Wait.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    The fight scenes will be mindblowing and I'm all up for it. Too bad the next villain is not of a metahuman vareity though since with these films they are now somewhat more believable than in the Nolan-universe. Would have loved to see someone like Ivy, then again the more subtle villains are usually the best.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    That Deathstroke footage looks like he's on the jet Batman has designed for the League and you can see the Batmobile in the hangar behind him. I think we'll see him introduced, then set up for The Batman. I think Affleck has said he wants the movie to deal with Batman taking on a ton of his rogues so we could likely get a lot of variety.

I'd love it if we got a smaller scale film of Batman being Batman for a night. I know with the way these franchises now are and their need for every movie to be insane in profit, we won't get it, but like Arkham Asylum done on film would be my crack. Dive more into the Grant Morrison comic while keeping to the game for set pieces and variety. Just dark, gothic, investigative. Have Oracle in his ear the whole film and work a Nightwing cameo in and baby, you've got yourself a stew goin'.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Everything you want is what Ben affleck wants to do. He wants that noir feel to his batman. But who knows what the script is like right now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Extended Edition of Suicide Squad is out Digital HD on November 15th. The physical DVDs and blu-rays will be out on December 13th!

Can't wait!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    "There is no other cut" -- David Ayer trying not to get fired, 2016

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm totally going to see this. Wonder Woman kicks fucking ass.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I cannot make any comments right now; I'm too busy making delighted fangirl sounds.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Love how it looks. Hope the WWI theme isn't a turn-off to casual fans. They might be expecting the movie to be about the modern WW since thats what we saw in BvS.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Love how it looks. Hope the WWI theme isn't a turn-off to casual fans. They might be expecting the movie to be about the modern WW since thats what we saw in BvS.
    is that theme explored in the comics as well? I find it rather campy and as a German I hate seeing WWI soldiers being portrayed as the forces of evil. Yet the trailer looks very good and I love how the action is being filmed. I will definitely give this one a shot after I was rather dissapointed with Suicide Squad but I liked Dawn of Justice quite a bit.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Bear in mind, this is the epitome of hearsay, but apparently Bret Easton Ellis was having dinner with some execs, who in turn know other execs (thus the hearsay) who told him Affleck's "The Batman" script is a mess...but WB doesn't care.

Article.

“And they were just telling me that there are serious problems with the script. And that the executives I was having dinner with were complaining about people who work on the Batman movie. And they just said they went to the studio and they said, ‘Look, the script is … Here’s 30 things that are wrong with it that we can fix.’ And [the executives] said, ‘We don’t care. We don’t really care. The amount of money we’re going to make globally, I mean 70 percent of our audience is not going to be seeing this in English. And it doesn’t really matter, these things that you’re bringing up about the flaws of the script.’ So I do think global concerns play a big part in how movies, and what movies, are being made, obviously.”

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    if true, that's just dandy. Sure that movie might make alot, but they are really limiting their moneymaking ability with all their future movies if they continue to make shit ones. BvS & SS did nothing to make people who think critically actually want to shell out more money for DC movies going forward. I think WW looks good, but i'm not going to go in blindly like I did tonight with Dr. Strange. I trust Marvel, I don't trust DC. Which sucks, b/c I read more DC books than anything else.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Well, Affleck as mentioned on the Batman news site is still working on the scripty and in interviews is far away from being enthusiastic about it. Either way something is seriously off with the DCEU and I don't mean the movies in particular. There are a lot of bad news among cast and crew for every film so far and a lot of noise coming from people who are apparently involved in this.

Apart from that my only concern about the Batman movie is, that I'm not really sure if Affleck knows what the fans want or love about Batman. He put on a damn great show and pretty much my favorite portrayl since the animated series, but can he do the villains justice etc? Let's wait and see, we can of course do nothing about it apart from deciding to go to the cinema or not.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Maybe the WB just don't know what to do with Batman anymore. Nolan fans (the whiner ones) will continue to compare Affleck to Bale and it's like no one should ever touch that character again. I'm a big fan of Cavill's Superman... but not everyone is.

It is high time that the WB branch out with movies like Suicide Squad (which I enjoyed a lot) and other superheros; as long as they lose their shitty attitude toward those movies.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I watched The Flashpoint Paradox last week. The Thomas Wayne incarnation of Batman absolutely fascinates me.