Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    This cover makes me want to puke. I can't look at it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Remember this?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i'd rather not.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    i'd rather not.
    Good analysis on everything wrong with this movie.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Less than a month for Suicide Squad! Cannot wait, no matter what anyone says or thinks!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I am not excited at all by Suicide Squad

The Joker driving a purple Lambo? Everything about him just looks lame and he's suppose to be the drawing point of this movie.

DC done fucking it up once again.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I am not excited at all by Suicide Squad

The Joker driving a purple Lambo? Everything about him just looks lame and he's suppose to be the drawing point of this movie.

DC done fucking it up once again.
    I mean the most popular recent version of the character cut his own face off and wore it with hooks dug into his flesh just to fuck with people. The Joker driving a purple car is not even remotely out of bounds for the character in the least.

DC seems to be pushing really hard to make their adaptations far more comic-centric in a lot of ways and Letoker just seems like a lot of different elements from a lot of different arcs blended into one. There's shots straight out of Endgame. Almost every outfit he's been seen in can be sourced back to different panels from comics. I'm all for that. Of anything I'm concerned about, he's really not what I'm afraid of when it comes to what they may fuck up.

SS seems like a breath of fresh air considering how utterly boring most superhero movies have been for an extremely long time now. At this point I see most of them out of a sense of franchise obligation -- "If you don't see this one, how will you ever know what's up in the next ten?!" -- so it's neat to feel excited about some of them again. Getting a whole film where Batman is potentially looming on the outskirts as a source of tension and the villains are the focus sounds pretty cool to me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The more I think and read about this version of the Joker, the more I'm into it – for a few reasons. It's fun/exciting to circle back to a Joker that absolutely relishes his own panache and an audience... sometimes from a certain Bat-type man who he may like attracting through ostentatious behavior, possessions, etc... but is .

I don't love or hate the tattoos, but the more I sink into my own speculation/interpretation, the more they make sense to me: I think about the parallels to Mexican Cartel tats (between The Counselor and Sicario, few entities scare me more), not to mention the idea that this Joker has maybe crafted a very deliberate & extroverted character for himself, and is creating a conscious performance.

But also this explanation from costumer designer Kate Hawley is kind of perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Hawley
    if Harley and Joker were always trashed out of their heads...I just imagined her scribbling on him while he was out of it one night."
    Getting any tattoo is a perfectly masochistic act, even if it's not as cool/scary yet patently ridiculous as cutting the inside of your cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352
    Getting a whole film where Batman is potentially looming on the outskirts as a source of tension and the villains are the focus sounds pretty cool to me.
    This! All but confirmed by Ayer in the recent set visits that were finally published today:

Quote Originally Posted by David Ayer
    “I’m dying to say this and I probably shouldn’t: all the Batman movies have been from Batman’s point of view. He’s the hero of his own movie in all the movies we’ve seen. If you look at what Bruce Wayne has done in creating the Batman persona, his idea was to terrorize criminals. It’s sort of psychological warfare against criminals. This wraith that comes in the night and attacks and culls criminals from society. For the first time, we’re seeing Batman from the point of view of the criminals and he’s freaking scary.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I really, really think far too many audiences are married to Ledger's Joker. Was he great? You bet. But that's not all the character is. This guy looks like the Clown Prince of Crime. He seems theatrical, and over the top, and maniacal, and flat-out terrifying in a really unhinged, playful sort of way. He seems like he'd fit right into Mad Max -- and the Joker absolutely should feel that way to me. He's the biggest reason I'm going to see this movie, even, and I've been excited since it was announced -- Ayer is a wonderful director and the entire cast is really solid. I'm all for reasonable skepticism, but this is one where there seems more reason to be excited if you're a fan of these characters than to not be.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    This cover makes me want to puke. I can't look at it.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    OMFG, ikr?

Sometimes it's just like ARE YOU A FAN OR NOT?!?

Lots of reasons to shit on EVERYTHING when it comes right down to it. But this I'M THE BIGGEST FAN BECAUSE I HATE IT THE MOST attitude really isn't helping anyone or anything.

:-\

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The EW cover is terrible because the photo is terribly, horribly bad. The person who made that cover failed big time.

I'd see the movie based only on that Harley Quinn gif Space Suicide posted. She is glorious!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Possible spoilers from SDCC. Turns out the new figures Sideshow is releasing are 'straight from the movie, no alternate characters or suits, etc. just for the figures.' One of the figures contains a possible spoiler for the film. Pics here.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Really glad they got Jared for this role <3

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Anyone notice the LexCorp building in Man Of Steel? That was a nice touch.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

The DC Extended Universe Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    Anyone notice the LexCorp building in Man Of Steel? That was a nice touch.
    And the truck that is driving away when he arrives back to his smallville house.

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Possible spoilers from SDCC. Turns out the new figures Sideshow is releasing are 'straight from the movie, no alternate characters or suits, etc. just for the figures.' One of the figures contains a possible spoiler for the film. Pics here.

That was confirmed that its not in the movie. Damn.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    they consistently are nailing the looks for these characters thus far, but nothing else. Maybe that will change with WW.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 07-23-2016 at 02:27 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Damn, Jason Momoa is badass. Love the tattoos and the EYES(!!), but most importantly the performance & direction for the character seem spot-on (fun to see Bruce Wayne believably manhandled against his will). Really, really hoping he loses his forearm and we get the hook in Justice League and/or Aquaman.

Ezra Miller is a total get, too. It looks like the filmmakers took the best parts of Bryan Singer's Quicksilver and injected it with some Flash-ness (lightning! speed force!) – I'm into it. Still hoping they take some inspiration from movie when it comes to combat. Seems possible considering Oliva was a storyboard artist on Man of Steel and BvS

I wish Cyborg were bulkier, but he looks cool and I'm excited to see his "outfit" transform, shape-shift, evolve, etc.
    Last edited by Deadpool; 07-23-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I did not expect JL footage at all, let alone that much. Damn.

That looks great. The actors and costumes are all fantastic and it seems like there's far more humor without it losing "seriousness." Characters like Flash naturally inject that anyway.

I'm excited to see where this thing goes, to say the least. Batfleck is just too perfect for me.

I also am so happy the Wonder Woman theme from BvS is back. Gal Gadot seems so right for Diana and it's funny how hard people bitched in retrospect when she was announced.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 07-23-2016 at 04:23 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Justice League looks awesome as I'm so up for Ezra Miller as the Flash. Yet, it is the trailer for Wonder Woman that really won me over as I've seen it a few times already and man, Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm used to Grant Gustin and the CW Flash crew but I dig the look they got out of it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Millionaire View Post
    Wonder Woman was one of the best things in BvS so I'm looking forward to this.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5lGoQhFb4NM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    The Wonder Woman trailer got me wrecked!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm sorry guys but those 2 minutes and 45 seconds of Justice League were SO MUCH BETTER than the whole BvS movie. Holy freaking shit Batman; that was BEYOND AWESOME. GIVE IT TO ME NOW! And Aquaman is mine so back off, people!

And Wonder Woman... GIVE IT TO ME TOO!

DC is finally getting its shit together and GIVE THOSE TO ME RIGHT NOW!