Page 58 of 137 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Do I need to see Black Panther before I watch IW? If not, I can wait for the blu ray .
    I don't think you "need" to because Black Panther is a very self-contained movie that stands on its own without needing to waste time world building or setting up Infinity War. Having said that, much of Infinity War looks to be set in Wakanda (as @allegate pointed out above), so I definitely think it would help to be familiar with the characters there and be aware of the events that just transpired there in case they make mention of any of the events from BP. Also, Black Panther was really good and a fun movie! I wasn't super excited to see it initially either (mostly because I didn't know much about the character aside from seeing him in Civil War), but after hearing so much positive word of mouth from friends and co-workers, seeing it praised on social media and by critics, earning it a high Rotten Tomatoes score, I finally got curious and went to see it and I must say I was impressed and thoroughly entertained.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Guardians Of The Galaxy, Ant-Man, and Spider-Man: Homecoming are my top 3 Marvel movies so far. Still gotta see the latest Thor (though the other Thors are at the bottom of my list) and Black Panther.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I'm kind of glad that the Spoiler: Soul Stone was kept out of Spoiler: Black Panther. The film was allowed to be a standalone story and it's all the better for it.

So, like, there are some cast lists out there that have two people I was unaware of in the movie. One is Spoiler: Peter Dinklage but he's only listed as "cast" so no idea there, I can't think of a non X-Man character. And if he's playing the same character as before...? Huh.

The other is Curt Clendenin as Spoiler: Silver Surfer? Whaaaaaat?
    Last edited by allegate; 03-08-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Anyone else feel a bit off that Thanos has a feelings. A character that is obsessed with death and Nihilism and destroyed his own planet all of a sudden has a motive due to not being able to save his planet and is going around making sure bad things dont happen to other planets, by policing the rest of the universe?

What the fuck?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    It took six episodes for something interesting to happen in Jessica Jones season 2. Who wrote this? Also, there seems to be no real villain either. Spoiler: And Dr Jerry Garcia Allman doesn’t count.

This had better payoff huge because I’m 7 episodes in and it’s been mostly mundane.

UPDATE: It ends well. That’s the nicest thing I can say. Spoiler: The real villain (in my opinion) shows herself in Episode 10. Good heel turn, Trish. Jessica’s mom wasn’t good but was also made bad via science. I think Trish is the real villain. It was well done but took way too long. Season two is several steps below the first but I like where all of the characters were left so maybe season three will make me forget this took six episodes to get going and nine to get good.
    Last edited by Swykk; 03-10-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Black Panther just hit the $1 BILLION mark in 26 days: http://variety.com/2018/film/news/bl...ce-1202723326/

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    It took six episodes for something interesting to happen in Jessica Jones season 2. Who wrote this? Also, there seems to be no real villain either. Spoiler: And Dr Jerry Garcia Allman doesn’t count.

This had better payoff huge because I’m 7 episodes in and it’s been mostly mundane.

UPDATE: It ends well. That’s the nicest thing I can say. Spoiler: The real villain (in my opinion) shows herself in Episode 10. Good heel turn, Trish. Jessica’s mom wasn’t good but was also made bad via science. I think Trish is the real villain. It was well done but took way too long. Season two is several steps below the first but I like where all of the characters were left so maybe season three will make me forget this took six episodes to get going and nine to get good.
    I agree with almost everything you said but the mother. At first, I was not a fan about the way the story arc was moving along until her and Jessica formed a little bond together. For me, the characters showed great chemistry and it was cool watching them work together; I thought that part worked and was executed pretty well. But man, they really meant slow burn in some of the reviews. I didn't hate anything that I saw in the first half of the season, there were definitely highlights, but the pacing is what killed it for me. When your previous villain is probably the best thing about the episodes he was present in...that is saying something.

I really wish these series would have some more references from other things going on in their universe. From what I recall, besides some recurring characters, only Rand was mentioned in season two, but I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Spoiler: I liked her mom too. I was trying to say she wasn’t a true villain and was made to do evil by science gone wrong.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm 7 episodes in, and I'm actually really enjoying how the story is unfolding. has a bit of a film noir aspect to it with her voice overs from time to time. it's a slow burn, which is cool, and feels very different from the first season (which was better than the 2nd season so far, but that's not a knock on this season) . I'm invested.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Kinda wish they had avoided that [punchline at the end] formula with that trailed given how heavy this film is supposed to be. Great trailer nonetheless. That shot of Cap. and Thanos — MY GOD.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Yes cap! Fucking yes!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Right so we now we know for sure Dr Strange has the Time (Green) Stone.
    Vision has the Mind (Yellow) Stone.
    Thonas has the Space (Blue) Stone we can only presume Loki gives him in the first trailer,
    As well as the Power (Purple) Stone which "was" being held by the Nova crops for safe keeping (i'm going to go out on a limb and say that'll probably be the films first scene, thanos laying waste to them for his first stone)

Curiously he doesn't already have the Reality (Red) stone that the collector was safe keeping when Thanos arrives no earth...interesting.
    And we're no clearer on where the Soul (Orange?) stone is...exciting times

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Anyone catch the reference of Spoiler: Thanos snapping his finger? If you know what that references in the comics.....oh boy, lol. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    First, I want everyone who has been mispronouncing Thanos as "Thaynos" to issue me an apology. No one here will know what I am talking about, but you know, just shouting to my past. Second, awesome trailer. Third, gotta wait till Monday after opening weekend to see it, bummer.

Also, I cried.

And, I really hope the lame humor from the Guardians doesnt ruin moments for me in this film. I hope the Russo brothers don't incorporate the lame Vol.2 Guardians and give us more of vol.1 Guardians. ( no dur dur drax please.)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Anyone catch the reference of Spoiler: Thanos snapping his finger? If you know what that references in the comics.....oh boy, lol. Can't wait.
    They wouldn't go there...would they?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    It wouldnt be comic accurate, but I can see it happening. He would need all the stones to do it though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised either way at this point, haha.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I wouldn't be surprised either way at this point, haha.
    I could honestly see that being the last scene in the movie with a bonus scene at the end with a hint of what's happened in the aftermath.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    I could honestly see that being the last scene in the movie with a bonus scene at the end with a hint of what's happened in the aftermath.
    Ooooh, that would be a killer ending!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Ooooh, that would be a killer ending!
    Pun intended

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

And, I really hope the lame humor from the Guardians doesnt ruin moments for me in this film. I hope the Russo brothers don't incorporate the lame Vol.2 Guardians and give us more of vol.1 Guardians. ( no dur dur drax please.)
    This. A thousand times this.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Josh Brolin as Thanos and Chris Pratt? That's impressive.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

Josh Brolin as Thanos and Chris Pratt? That's impressive.
    Where did you find such a high-resolution version of the poster that you can actually read all those names at the bottom? Link please? (I want to make a new desktop wallpaper!)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Good question! I should ask the guy on twitter I stole that image from!

Biggest I could find, and it's not very big.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYaba6hVQAEI3zR.jpg:large

And since we're talking poster:

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    No antman?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Good question! I should ask the guy on twitter I stole that image from!

Biggest I could find, and it's not very big.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYaba6hVQAEI3zR.jpg:large

And since we're talking poster:

That's cool! This file is a little bigger.
    I bought my IMAX tickets for 7:00 on the 26th! PUMPED!!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    No antman?
    Yeah, he must have a small part (no pun intended). Hawkeye has also been consistently absent from the marketing and trailers even though I thought he was confirmed to be in it a long time ago. Wonder what's up with that...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I mean, Peter freakin' Dinklage made the poster and he's not been in any of the movies yet.

And I kind of feel like Thanos showing up with two stones feels like there's a movie missing. Maybe it's in the beginning but I for one would love to see how he takes out the Nova Core (sorry, Corps :P ).

First shot of his merry band of misfits though. One dude looks gigantic.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Edit: Posted on next page. ^^'
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 03-16-2018 at 01:46 PM.