Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57
Results 1,681 to 1,684 of 1684

Thread: The Marvel Thread

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Black Panther succeeds by not landing in Marvel's biggest pitfalls:. It has a compelling villain, and it's humor still allows for the conflicts of the film to have tension and weight.

It does have possibly some of the worst cgi of any marvel movie, and the action is a little uneven, some of it is very exciting and some of it is extremely uninteresting.

The supporting characters of the film, especially Shuri and Okoye are all interesting to watch. I really hope this movie convinces Marvel to abandon its awful, Racist practice of placing women and people of color in disposable side kick roles

I read some of the Coates panther run leading up to this and I would love if the sequel were able to pull something as though but and deep as that.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    I was going to see the film this weekend but I'm going to wait next weekend so that the crowds will die down and hopefully get a good seat and not deal with phone users. I hate phone users. I need an Alamo Drafthouse in Atlanta.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I really hope this movie convinces Marvel to abandon its awful, Racist practice of placing women and people of color in disposable side kick roles
    To be fair, most of that stems from the source material.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Saw Black Panther yesterday. I enjoyed it. I felt like it dealt with some important stuff. Like choosing to do the morally right thing or stay alive and be safe.
    I am interested how Black Panther will be in the next Avengers.