Page 42 of 137 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 4092

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Too many Spider-Man films diluted any type of wonder or "new" factor this movie could've had. Looks alright. Doesn't look like anything mind blowing to me personally. Looks like typical fare.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Looks good. I'm more hyped for Guardians of the Galaxy though.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    probably the most boring superhero trailer I've seen in a while... like Holland in the role but this franchise is pretty much dead too me and suffered too many takes on it. In fact this trailer has nothing for me that makes me want to see it, especially not after that faboulus and fun Guardians trailer. :/

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Holland seems like too much of a weeny as Parker, i dunno.... I saw him in Civil War and I've seen this trailer and I'm still not convinced, couple that with going back to fucking high school again with this character i mean could it be more boring? Can we move past the Breakfast Club shit yet?

Highlights of the trailer were Keaton as Vulture and RDJ back as Stark/Iron Man again.

Count me in as more interested in Guardians Vol 2.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    There is a sense of déjà-vu about it but I really, really like Holland. I'm more excited about Guardians too but I'm willing to give Spidey a chance.

And Keaton and RDJ can do no wrong in my book.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    You just know they're going to kill Vulture because he sees Spider-Man - AGAIN, REALLY?!@! - with his mask off. Man this trope needs to die.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who wasn't blown away by the Vulture costume? It looked very unimaginative and if you told me it was a new Green Goblin outfit I wouldn't be surprised. It's very generic.

Also, too bad he is already part of the Marvel universe as the Mandarin, because I always hoped Sir Ben Kingsley would play the Vulture, just talk about the perfect look! That said, I like Michael Keaton and looking forward to his take on the character.

I really had no problem with the rest of the trailer, Holland looks great and feels like a teenager, and he looks nerdy enough that I buy the loner aspect of the story (I mean, I'm pretty sure Andrew Garfield got laid in high school like nobody's business).

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    I enjoyed Luke Cage. Probably the most focused of the Netflix bunch. It was thankfully low on flashbacks and characters going on and on about their life stories. Good action scenes. Excellent cast. Great, memorable characters on both good and evil sides, though Diamondback should have been a more impactful villain. Mahersala Ali as Cottonmouth is BRILLIANT. Theo Rossi's "Shades" is probably one of television's biggest assholes, and he steals the show every time.

The use of the N-word caught me by surprise, but it didn't bother me, especially since Luke Cage avoids the word and doesn't want to be called like that. Rosario Dawson's role felt like an extended deus ex machina at first, but her comedic timing made her a joy to watch. In fact, it had some of the best comedic scenes in the MCU. The score by Adrian Younge (Black Dynamite!) is infectious and full of badass drums and guitars.

Of course, like almost every damn MCU entry, it is more interested in sequel bait than a really satisfying conclusion. And, of course, they're once again building up the Defenders with not-so-subbtle referenes in the dialogue ("there's a blind guy in Hell's Kitchen who beats people up!" "Remember what Jessica did to you?" etc.). But, overal, it left me with a big smile on my face, almost as big as the one I had after the end of Daredevil's first season.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Man for such an extensive review, you are ignoring all the problems with the series to focus on just the stuff you liked. I didn't hate it, but the first season was racked with pacing problems, a terrible villain, goofy dialogue at times (esp. anything with Diamondback), hamfisted and forced scenarios (Method Man cringe), too many episodes, and unrealistic story beats (that awful fight in the streets with Luke & Diamondback for one). I actually longed for the few things that tied into the rest of the Netflix MCU b/c I thought it improved the show.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Saw the Logan trailer in front of Rogue One and man, I hope it lives up to that potential. Doesn't help that the last Doug Loves Movies he talked about seeing the first 40 minutes of the movie and his impression is that after Deadpool and now Logan, comic book movies that are rated PG-13 are full of shit. He also said that he thought at first that seeing the first 40 minutes would mean that he would hate watching the same 40 minutes again in March but it was so good he can't wait to sit through it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I am so not looking forward to see Logan. Not because I think it'll be trash but because it's going to be so incredibly bleak. Just the trailer has me depressed. I'm so emotionally invested with these characters that's it's going to be extremely painful to let them go.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I just hope they include SOME of the wacky, out there stuff from the original story.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I hope they show Sinister in the next Logan trailer. I'm curious to see what they made him look like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The entire "SingerVerse" is pretty bleak and depressing compared to what the X-Men could and should be.

Take it from a DIE HARD X-Men fan with her take on a true X-Men film, Deadpool...comicbookgirl19

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    X-23 so sick!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Logan is going to be the death of me. I'm in tears again just watching that trailer!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That does look awesome but I think the Red-band trailer is even better because of Patrick Stewart:

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my wife and i watched X-Men Apocalypse yesterday and i really don't understand what people disliked about it. we thoroughly enjoyed it and had no complaints.

then we watched The Wolverine (she still hadn't seen it after giving up RIGHT before Yukio shows up in the bar) and she liked it a lot (i love it). really looking forward to Logan.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I am excited for this to come out. And I am happy that they are tying this to all the other Marvel Netflix shows.
    It gives me hope that The Defenders will be equally awesome.
    I just hope that they don't cram too much villains and heroes for the sake of it and it actually has a story the gives them all a reason to work together.
    (Anyone else getting an Arrow vibe from The Iron Fist?)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LEGION on FX. I watched the first episode the other night and I didn't think I was going to enjoy it as much as I did. Interested to see where they go with this. Also there is a little Pink Floyd easter egg and the soundtrack was good too.

Last edited by quietime; 02-12-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

OH WHAM BAM! THANK YOU MA'AM!!!!!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    In honor of its BD release:

Umads Bros?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My buddy Jeff started a YouTube channel, Nerd U. Here's his take on any future re-boots of the Wolverine character.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Watched Iron Fist over the weekend and really enjoyed it, more than Luke Cage I think. Read so many negative things about it and I really don't get it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    It was the complete opposite for me. It's hugely disappointing to see so much potential wasted in the first season of The Iron Fist.
    Spoiler:
    The ending was the biggest disappointment because we never got to see the true potential of The Iron Fist, the build-up was anti-climatic and the show just drags on with so many cliches that are taken directly from the other Marvel Netflix shows.
    Sure there is a reason why we don't see The Iron Fist go all out but it doesn't excuse the poor reasons why he can't. The flip-flopping of all the characters motivations where handled and explained poorly and were just used to advance the piss poor plot.
    The lack of information and details that assumes you have either seen or know from watching Luke Cage and Dare Devil Season 2, don't explain how badly fractured the Hand are, nor do they explain the inner struggle that takes place within the Hand.
    The show seems to be more focused on corporate drama and betrayal than Danny Rand and the Iron Fist, and go out of their way to sacrifice the story to set-up The Defenders.
    The choreography and the fights seem bland, boring, and easily predictable. It's sad that there are two hallway fights, that try to do a call back to the first season of the Dare Devil, and they are both underwhelming and poorly executed.
    What's worst of all, is the sudden need for Danny to prove his innocence, that was shoehorned in in the last two episodes, as a supposed set-up that is taken directly from Luke Cage, which was the whole first season premise of Luke Cage.

In the end I was completely disappointment in the show, it was unfocused, had a lot of unnecessary filler, and had characters that would switch their point of view around to fit the narrative with little to no explanation.
    Last edited by ziltoid; 03-20-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Me and my girl just finished it last night. It reminds me of Luke Cage as I found the first season to be utterly boring at times, but when it was good, it was really good. Finn Jones is ok playing Danny Rand, but you cannot blame him or the other actors/actresses with the shitty writing this show has. They do the best they can with what they have, but I feel Tom Pelphrey was the standout actor here. You can watch as his character goes through some crazy transformations as an individual. Danny Rand is probably the dumbest character out of the bunch due to the fact that his mentality in the show is pretty adolescent, but sometimes it doesn't hold up because of the writing. He will make smart decisions one minute, and then make ridiculous ones the minute after.

All in all, I enjoyed my time with Iron Fist, and if you really put some thought into it, he can be the most powerful out of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage. He barely even knows anything about his powers, and he still doesn't know much after the season ends so the character definitely had a great origin story and growth in my opinion. It is nowhere near as bad as everyone is making it out to be. It definitely has flaws, but as does the rest of these series. I can live with the fact that the ending was a bit anti-climatic, but we are getting The Defenders in September (Hopefully) and I believe that will make Danny's character a bit more engrossing, and give the team for the second season (If we get one) some time to redeem themselves.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Meet Lewis Tan, The Asian-American Actor Who Could Have Been Iron Fist

It is a missed opportunity. That’s exactly how I feel about it, word for word. It would’ve been a brave thing to do, for sure, for Marvel. I can see how that was difficult to make that decision. I think, personally, it would’ve paid off. But I think it’ll come next because people are feeling underrepresented.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Been binging ​Iron Fist and thoroughly enjoying it.