Page 3 of 137 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    http://marvel.com/captainamerica

Listen to a sample of the Captain America: The Winter Soldier score. Digging it!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    As far as fan trailers go, this is pretty good. (The Wolverine stinger scene included.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agents of SHIELD wasn't bad, but I was a little disappointed in how it was framed as a police procedural like every other show on television. I had been hoping from a little more considering the show's high profile and the fact that Whedon directed it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Asgardian Mussolini.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Cool marketing happening to promote "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." done right here in Mexico:

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    yeah, checked out 'Agents' pretty much has all the trademark Whedon vibes that everyone but me seems to love. Whole thing was pretty cringe worthy IMO. It cameclose to hitting the mark a few times. If it kept the mystery/procedural vibe. But it kept tipping its hand early on. Maybe it'll get better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    While we're actually on the subject of the Marvel cinematic universe here for a change, I'd just like to add that I thought Iron Man 3 was a pretty cool bit of closure for its trilogy and likewise thoroughly enjoyable in and of itself, I just felt like it should have been more clearly intertwined with whatever Phase Two should clearly be building to by now. But in hindsight the mere fact that it's centered around Tony's cognitive dissonance following the events of The Avengers is ultimately enough in the long-run. I just wish the post-credits scene was less of a throwaway and more relevant to the big picture again. But I guess they're having trouble figuring out what to do with the Hulk now so the more Banner the better, whatever his context. Anyway, the point is fuck it. Iron Man 3 was awesome and so was Iron Man 2.:PHaha,
    I don't get why every movie has to have a direct tie-in to everything else, the tie-ins feel like the big crossover events where every superhero gets thrown into the same mixing pot, now some of those can be brilliant - but not all of them were.

IM3 was a movie i really enjoyed, their risky take on the Mandarin was brilliant even if it would also really torque some folks the wrong way. It had just enough post Avengers to make sense, and yet still be a standalone film. ie if IM3 is the only movie you've seen it still works. I didn't like the over the topness of the extremis stuff and all 3000 of the iron man suits being melted faster than butter vs a hot knife, (maybe it's just the inner geek in me, but i hate when films break physics) but the cast was great, the story worked, successful film.

IM2 otoh i just remember being bored during the final big battle scene.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    yeah, checked out 'Agents' pretty much has all the trademark Whedon vibes that everyone but me seems to love. Whole thing was pretty cringe worthy IMO. It cameclose to hitting the mark a few times. If it kept the mystery/procedural vibe. But it kept tipping its hand early on. Maybe it'll get better.
    To me it was just a "CSI-kind-of-show" with the excuse that it is Marvel... didn't care about it to be honest...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    The Avengers: Age of Ultron teaser trailer that was shown at SDCC.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I liked Agents of Shield quite a bit, will definitely be watching every week. An hour of Agent Coulson every week? Yes please. I also quite liked the other characters, the meat head "bad ass" is pretty lame though.

Bought Iron Man 3 and watched it again, still liked it a lot.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I definitely enjoyed Agents of Shield too although there were a few uneasy moments. It felt like trying on a new pair of shoes (stupid feet) that you love but that aren't broken in yet. I have about a dozen theories about what really happened to Agent that he must not know about, regarding his survival after his encounter with the Asgardian Mussolini (who, technically, is a Jotun Mussolini). The new characters are a bit bland but it's just one episode; hopefully, it'll get better.

I didn't dig Flying Lola though.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Agents of SHIELD was alright. They made some plot and scene choices that were pretty perplexing (especially that bit where it looked like the dude got shot but then it was just a tranquilizer? Could they possibly have been more vague and confusing about what happened there? Jesus.), but overall the episode was solid enough. Hopefully things will ramp up with the rest of the season.

I do like that they're staying away from referencing the films too much, keeping the show mostly independent. That's a good move, and I hope they stick with it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    If you missed Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. umm, two days ago ABC is re-airing the pilot episode right now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Man, do they have kinks to work out on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Aside from Coulson and Spoiler: Nick Fury, I can't stand the newbies. Fitz and Simmons are so annoying, the hacker girl is blah and Agent Ward is not a very good actor.

Oh, and the CGI is really weak. Stop using the science drones as a plot device!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Not impressed by this show at all, not giving up on it yet by any means because come on it is only two episodes in so I am willing to give it a chance but so far this hasn't been that good. That is just my opinion of course. Maybe I expected too much from this show.

I agree Orestes I find all the characters outside of Coulson just bland and annoying.

And in their advertisements they keep hyping up the fact we should watch the last 5 minutes of every show, the old "Hey there will be cameo's by people you might care about every show" trick.
    Last edited by Tums206_BFY; 10-04-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    The show has been comically bad, but still manages to come off slightly charming for a variety of reasons. I suppose that's about as best as I could have hoped for given my low expectations. I won't care if I follow it chronologically or miss an episode(s), nor do I consider it relevant MCU cannon, but over the course of a show's 45 min run time, it gets a few half smiles from me and has enough nice moments to justify its campy existence. I have a feeling this would have done so much better in the 80's. It's just fucking depressing big picture wise that in this day and age this is the best serial Marvel could come up with. It's best not to think about that part.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I watch it for Coulson. As long as it's showing me Coulson, I'm happy. And it's only been 2 episodes; it may get better yet.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I don't know, I like it. Agent Ward or whatever his name is is terrible but I don't mind the rest of the cast.

And like marodi said, as long as Coulson is in it I don't give a shit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Well, so far I'm enjoying the Thor commercials they've been airing each week more than the show.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Yeah, this show- I'm out.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The Marvel Cinematic Universe Thread

Yeah this week's episode was pretty bad

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Trailer on iTunes in 2 days

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I wonder if that'll be the same trailer running before Thor. Hopefully that means it won't be a teaser and instead we'll get a full thing. But probably not.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I wonder if that'll be the same trailer running before Thor. Hopefully that means it won't be a teaser and instead we'll get a full thing. But probably not.
    I'm hoping a full trailer, but I would be content with a tease. I'm from Cleveland and had the chance to be an extra on set for a couple days, it was amazing. I hope I make the final cut, but with this mug I'll probably find the chopping room floor.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

There's this to whet your appetite.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...3QpdqhWEbcB.99

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kevin Feige teases calls Ant-Man a "heist movie," all but confirms Dr. Strange.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=88960

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Get hyped. This movie looks fucking incredible.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

^ ^ Oh shit!

X-Men trailer to debut before Thor: The Dark World.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/...-in-fragments/

edit: on second thought, no. Marvel is saying October 29th.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Had no idea Blink was in the new X-Men movie until today - so awesome! She's been one of my favorites since Exiles (great ongoing series that I never finished). That trailer was better than I expected. Starting to get really excited!