Page 48 of 137 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 4092

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    If you want to know more about those Thanos minions, pick up 2013's Infinity miniseries/crossover from Marvel. Some of those guys are pretty badass, part. Proxima Midnight.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_(comic_book)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just caught the first episode of The Defenders... [see also: things I'm planning on finishing watching by Monday morning]

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Just caught the first episode of The Defenders... [see also: things I'm planning on finishing watching by Monday morning]
    I just started minutes ago. Fingers crossed!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Finished The Defenders, it was alright.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Finally got to watch Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2, I quite enjoyed it. Is it as good as the first? Eh, I guess not. But still quite funny and entertaining. Can't wait for a third.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Did anyone else just end up finding Misty Knight completely irritating in The Defenders? i really liked her in the Luke Cage season but man she's written as such a fucking moron here. I know what happened to her seems to be going in a direction adapted from comics but I'm so tired of these barely in the loop cops that think they can hold their own against shit that is way out of their league. Oh sure go right ahead and don't listen to the indestructible man or the chick with the super strength, please just keep making stupid decisions and see where it gets you...

When it happened I'm just like.... well that's what you fucking get dumb ass!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I'm starting to think these shows just aren't for me. Other than most of season 1 and the first half of season 2 of Daredevil, I don't think I've actually liked any of them. I skipped Iron Fist completely and don't think I missed anything.

I'm halfway through The Defenders and I don't think I'll be finishing it. Is anybody seriously fine with the dialogue? Is The Hand supposed to be this lame? Where did all the great fighting from Daredevil go?

My fingers are crossed that the Punisher series will have the same intensity and quality of his appearances in DDS02 but I'm not all that hopeful considering the current track record.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Three episodes into the Defenders. I'm enjoying it so far, despite it's cheesyness and Iron Fist. From a nerdy filmmaking perspective, one thing I really like about the show is its use of color - they have a distinct color palette for each of the heroes when they are on their own (DD - Red, JJ - Blue, LC - Yellow, IF - Green). They're shown in neutral coloring and lighting when they're together (at least from what I've seen so far.)

I liked DD, JJ, and LC quite a bit, but I skipped over Iron Fist. Glad I did, and wish he wasn't such a prominent part of this story. I also agree with the above poster who said Misty is annoying as fuck in this series. Liked her on Luke Cage for the most part, but not here.

Sigourney Weaver is the shit.
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 08-20-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I'm in the minority in that Finn Jones is good in this. After you finish the show, I think you can see where iron fist will start to be good.

I didn't like he Jessica Jones show and haven't finished it, but she rocked in defenders. I think I will finish her season.

The show was good but it felt rushed with 8!episodes.

Can't wait for more and I enjoy the Netflix shows more than I do the movies outside of captain America.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I'm starting to think these shows just aren't for me. Other than most of season 1 and the first half of season 2 of Daredevil, I don't think I've actually liked any of them. I skipped Iron Fist completely and don't think I missed anything.

I'm halfway through The Defenders and I don't think I'll be finishing it. Is anybody seriously fine with the dialogue? Is The Hand supposed to be this lame? Where did all the great fighting from Daredevil go?

My fingers are crossed that the Punisher series will have the same intensity and quality of his appearances in DDS02 but I'm not all that hopeful considering the current track record.
    I agree with you. The dialogue seems to get worse and worse with each new series. The fighting was subpar and The Hand does not feel that threatening. But the writers try so hard to make them feel threatening by having a character tell you how threatening they are every other scene. Maybe they're rushing these out too quick or something. Someone mentioned 8 episodes felt too short, I felt it was too long. I'm sorry, but I have zero empathy for any of the characters. The writers try so hard to give these characters "depth" but it feels forced and ham handed. Daredevil season 1 was by far the best while season 2 was alright. But the rest of the shows: Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist, have been a let down. It's like they have two episodes worth of real story and character development and then stretch it as far as they can across a season. The writers need to do more because I'm just not caring enough anymore. Nothing has topped the first season of Daredevil. This is why I can't watch The Walking Dead, just terrible writing. No amount of flash and "action" will cover up mediocre writing.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I think the chick who plays Misty is overacting almost to an extreme. Everything is an overdramatic look, some big pause before speaking, etc. How perfectly coiffed she is every time she's on camera is pretty silly as well. She's the most well put together detective I've ever seen (I know this is a common TV complaint...I'm just saying it again though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    The show was good but it felt rushed with 8!episodes.
    This.

I also feel that everyone was under-utilized.

Alexandra's fashion was great.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 08-21-2017 at 12:45 AM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    finished legion tonight. holy crap. can't wait for next season.
    Just finished it too. It was shown as a marathon one weekend a couple of weeks ago on FX and I recorded it. Just got around to binge watch it.

In the future, all of you fellow ETSers need to WARN ME when awesome shows like that are being made. I almost missed that one.

I am in love. I am so in love with everyone on this snow. My mind is blown. Episode 6 was boring as hell but Episode 7... Holy Prof X that was fantastic. Why do I have to wait for the second season; WHY?

Yeah, okay; Dan Stevens' bandwagon: I'm in. But no way in hell am I watching Downton Abbey. All that romance is making me nauseous.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Still have to watch the Defenders finale tonight. This is def. entertaining, and markedly better than Iron Fist. Some nagging issues continue to plague this & all the non-Daredevil series on Netflix though. Was hoping they might correct them by the time this aired. Some random ones:

- really tired of how de-powered Jessica, Danny & Luke are. Danny & Luke are far more glaring than Jessica, especially b/c she innately wants to avoid using her powers. I get that this is a purposeful decision that they took with these series from the get-go, but I fundamentally disagree with it. Luke Cage is a beast, and on these shows he's just occasionally showing his strength. And boiling Iron Fist down to simply having a glowing fist that punches really hard is crazy (oh and he healed someone once)! He can do so, so much more. I'm still holding out hope that they are limiting Danny for now and there will be growth to his powers as he becomes more experienced in his role as Iron Fist. The main point is that NO ONE who watches these shows will have a problem with these characters displaying more superheroics. Make it happen.

- Still only the tiniest of connections to the larger MCU. So far I only recall one mention of The Incident. That's it. Really bothers me. Particularly with someone like DD, who has relationships with SO MANY Marvel characters. Really thought we'd be farther along with ties at this point.

- as said elsewhere by many...show, don't tell. Hey Defenders writers & directors...i don't believe you when it comes to The Hand, Alexandra, the other Fingers, etc. They've done nothing to show us what baaaaad guys The Hand in ANY of these shows. They just keep telling us over and over. Alexandra literally did nothing thus far (and as far as I know, she's dead now). I still have no idea what The Hand's big plan was in Iron Fist...it was so convoluted and confusing. Hire less Guess models to be members of The Hand, and get some people in ninja costumes out there actually killing people and wreaking the havoc you keep TELLING me they're wreaking.

- They need some better villains. Preferably ones with powers that are going to be harder matches for our heroes.

- They used the PATH train for filming the subway scene when that was supposed to be an NYC MTA train. BULLSHIT! haha

- They needed to give Colleen more to do in this and stand around pouting and looking hot. She's a fan favorite and was under-utilized. The very little usage of Karen & Foggy did make me hype to see more of them in DD Season 3 though.

- I really hope Madame Gao does some bad ass shit in the finale b/c they were setting her up so well in DD & Iron Fist, and thus far it's been pretty ho-hum. Love the woman who plays her though.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Just finished it too. It was shown as a marathon one weekend a couple of weeks ago on FX and I recorded it. Just got around to binge watch it.

In the future, all of you fellow ETSers need to WARN ME when awesome shows like that are being made. I almost missed that one.

I am in love. I am so in love with everyone on this snow. My mind is blown. Episode 6 was boring as hell but Episode 7... Holy Prof X that was fantastic. Why do I have to wait for the second season; WHY?

Yeah, okay; Dan Stevens' bandwagon: I'm in. But no way in hell am I watching Downton Abbey. All that romance is making me nauseous.
    score is up for pre-order on vinyl right now. sadly, it doesn't include one of the best pieces of music from the season. but it's on "telekinesis pink" which is pretty cool.

i actually want to re-watch it. that's how good it is.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post

Watch The Guest ASAP. You will thank me.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Watch The Guest ASAP. You will thank me.
    @marodi you're gonna want that soundtrack (and possibly score) too. seriously one of the best film soundtracks i've heard in a long time. and it got released on vinyl for record store day!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm looking for it. Thanks for the recommandations!

And I'm sure someone else have mentioned it but who else believes that in episode 7, when the Rational David helps confused David out of his "coffin", that Rational David is not a manifestation of his own mind? I mean, Rational David speaks with a British accent, he makes David visualise a classroom with blackboards and he's always seen sitting... It's not like David is related to a extremely powerful telepath who can access the Astral Plane to help him figure things out, right?. *wink wink*

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I could never have imagined how thoroughly awful Defenders would be. You can watch the thing on mute the whole time and lose nothing, but then you'd still be stuck with it's tacky, congested bizarre cinematography.

You know that one obligatory part of every team up where they bicker before getting along? Imagine going through that for 8 hours while dealing painfully boring and empty villains.

The amount if redundant dialogue here is insane, a total fucking joke. You'll Wade through one tired cliche after another while all the grit and cool and patience that won us over in Daredevil is sacrificed to deliver an utterly boring experience with still no real connection to the broader Marvel experience.

What a failure.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finished The Defenders last night, I enjoyed it. It wasn't mind-blowing but other than Daredevil none of these shows have been that great. I'm a sucker for a good ole team-up I guess.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Finally got to watch guardians 2. The movie is everything I love and hate about the marvel movies. I don't mind humor, but the execution is poor. When it's funny it's funny , when it tried to be it's not.

They need to kinda tone it down on jokes when the scene doesn't call for it ( like when Gamora's sister makes that speech of her killing thanos. She means business and as the viewer you are clenching your fist, and have that taken away by a joke. What the fuck?!)

This movie is not as good as the first one, they made Drax the destroyer to Drax the comedic one. ( turds jokes ).

If infinity war goes this route, I'm going to be pissed. If they need to lighten things up when their greatest threat finally arrives, I'm going to be disappointed. These movies have no identity like the phase 1 movies did. It's all the same colorful, fire jokes a million miles a minute shit.

Anyways 5/10 only because when the movie does shine, it shines. But it's issues outweigh the good here.

This is why I am not that excited about Thor ragnorok. I'm really only excited for the hulk stuff, but as far as the trailer goes, it's gonna be the same shit.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Def. some cool-looking parts, but Medusa should NOT have her head shaved yet. WAY too early for that storyline, and screams of ABC just cutting budget. Ugh.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The still that YT uses makes it look like the actress is wearing a bald cap and the hair is completely CGI. While that is probably what it is, it shouldn't look like that. But then I remember: "TV Budget"
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Finally got to watch guardians 2. The movie is everything I love and hate about the marvel movies. I don't mind humor, but the execution is poor. When it's funny it's funny , when it tried to be it's not.

They need to kinda tone it down on jokes when the scene doesn't call for it ( like when Gamora's sister makes that speech of her killing thanos. She means business and as the viewer you are clenching your fist, and have that taken away by a joke. What the fuck?!)

This movie is not as good as the first one, they made Drax the destroyer to Drax the comedic one. ( turds jokes ).

If infinity war goes this route, I'm going to be pissed. If they need to lighten things up when their greatest threat finally arrives, I'm going to be disappointed. These movies have no identity like the phase 1 movies did. It's all the same colorful, fire jokes a million miles a minute shit.

Anyways 5/10 only because when the movie does shine, it shines. But it's issues outweigh the good here.

This is why I am not that excited about Thor ragnorok. I'm really only excited for the hulk stuff, but as far as the trailer goes, it's gonna be the same shit.
    Hulk 3 is going to be awesome because of Taika Waititi. The stupid jokes in GOTG2 were because James Gunn was given more writing credit and he's just not that good of a writer. Taika is actually funny and I think that shows. If you don't like the Hulk 3 trailers, you should check out the Thor on Vacation videos:

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    If anyone is concerned about the comedic edge Thor will have, check out What We Do in the Shadows, that should help reassure you the films in in the right hands.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    We shall see, but again, Kevin Feige runs that ship. He is the reason why Edgar Wright and Patty Jenkins left their respective projects.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I dunno, that was in 2013-14 and could have just as easily been Ike Perlmutter. He did a lot of stupid shit to the movies, hence why Feige did that mini-coup in 2015.
    In September 2015, Perlmutter stopped overseeing the development of Marvel Studios. Disney felt the studio head, Kevin Feige, should report directly to the Chairman of The Walt Disney Studios, Alan Horn, so all cinematic properties of Disney, including Pixar and Lucasfilm, were under one management structure. The restructuring was allegedly due to Feige's "frustration" of working with Perlmutter as well as some alleged controversial comments and actions by Perlmutter, such as replacing the casting of Terrence Howard as James Rhodes with Don Cheadle because black people "look the same."[12] Jeph Loeb, who oversees Marvel Television and the television properties of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, still reports to Perlmutter.[13]
    Last edited by allegate; 08-31-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    The Defenders felt like X-Men: Apocalypse and Avengers: Age of Ultron all over again. Too much stuff happening, and yet nothing really happening at all. Too many characters wasted on a terribly simplistic and filler-ridden plot. I wanted to like it so badly. It's clear they rushed it so they could make The Punisher and seasons two of JJ and LC faster, and that they're saving up resources in order to make Avengers: Infinity War bigger and better (it better be worth it).

The first season of Daredevil remains the best thing in the Marvel/Netflix roster, because its slow-burn approach worked. The acting and dialogue was excellent, it had a slow pace but it never really dragged (save for a few flashbacks), the visual style was beautiful, Kingpin was an awesome villain and the fight scenes felt like they hurt. JJ was almost just as good. Season two of DD was entertaining, though a bit overstuffed; the Punisher was the best thing about it. LC was forgettable and IF was bleh. The Defenders got me excited at first, but the blehness became more and more apparent as it went on, and it all came crashing down at the end. Such a waste.

The decline continues... Punisher and DD season three, please be good, okay?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I never once believed anything they had to say about The Hand. They weren't scary, and the leaders were so silly other than Gao. And then the final reveal on their big plan...oof. So dumb. I didn't completely hate this though, so maybe they can bounce back from the criticisms we all are having over this, Iron Fist & parts of Luke Cage and really deliver when they come back with their 2nd seasons.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Oh man, the look on Banner's face... I just can't.

Also: Hela, Fenrir; is Loki having a little family reunion of his own?