Page 47 of 137 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I'm too lazy to type a big thing, but I kinda have the same gripe with that, and the "Robin" thing was another example that comes to mind. If you're gonna put a character in, then do it - but if you're just gonna "kiiinda" have a character in, just go all in and make them that character. Otherwise you create a situation where people are forever saying "so and so is in the movie!" "Yeah, well, not reeeally though."
    Right. Or just make them a new and different character. And when EVERYONE figures out who it is (Khan/Blofeld/Robin), the studio should just be silent, not try to deny it over and over until the movie comes out and everyone is like "yup, knew it. Worst kept secret ever."

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I just wanted to add that I fucking LOVED Zendaya in this movie. She stole the scene when she was around and I cared about her character (even liked the way she COULD play a huge role in future movies, could stay on the sidelines - both would be totally fine by me), I just don't like the way they "kinda" revealed her identity.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    There's a New Warriors trailer? Where the fuck have I been?
    Got my wires crossed with that one lol i meant the X-Men one "The Gifted".

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

That's great casting.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ^^^ if you haven't seen Other Space, she is AMAZING on it. i am so happy about this casting choice.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    She is crazy hot. A+

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Meaning you don't like the casting choice (I thought Zendaya was funny in the role as written, but don't agree with casting her as MJ), or just that the drama surrounding her not being the traditionally beautiful, buxom, redheaded annoys you?
    It's neither of those things, it's that neither don't nor Marvel have their shit together so they can't pick a narrative.

Don't call a girl in a Spider Man movie "MJ " if she isn't Mary fucking Jane Watson. You wouldn't have a random character named Peter Parker either. It seems like they cast her as Mary Jane, and walked it back when the racist nerds that apparently rule the world had to whine about it.

So sad because she stole a few of her scenes and was wonderful to watch. My inner childhood Spidey nerd loves redhead MJ and Kirsten dunst but she nailed the part and earned it.

This in fighting and apprehension is also gonna cost us a decent venom and carnage, and I've been waiting 20 years for it and we are like this close, with a near perfect spider man movie, and now they are going to fuck it all up again.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    It's neither of those things, it's that neither don't nor Marvel have their shit together so they can't pick a narrative.

Don't call a girl in a Spider Man movie "MJ " if she isn't Mary fucking Jane Watson. You wouldn't have a random character named Peter Parker either. It seems like they cast her as Mary Jane, and walked it back when the racist nerds that apparently rule the world had to whine about it.

So sad because she stole a few of her scenes and was wonderful to watch. My inner childhood Spidey nerd loves redhead MJ and Kirsten dunst but she nailed the part and earned it.

This in fighting and apprehension is also gonna cost us a decent venom and carnage, and I've been waiting 20 years for it and we are like this close, with a near perfect spider man movie, and now they are going to fuck it all up again.
    I have to agree here, this was my only gripe with the movie. I mean, her character isnt Mary Jane, its Michelle.

This has become the 6th installment of the marvel franchise that I love.

My list would go
    1. Winter Soldier
    2.The First Aveneger
    3. The Avengers
    4. Iron Man 1
    5.Spider Man:Homecoming
    6. The Incredible Hulk.

The rest of the Marvel movies are just forgettable. Also, I hope Black Panther is awesome, the trailer looks good.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    I have to agree here, this was my only gripe with the movie. I mean, her character isnt Mary Jane, its Michelle.

This has become the 6th installment of the marvel franchise that I love.

My list would go
    1. Winter Soldier
    2.The First Aveneger
    3. The Avengers
    4. Iron Man 1
    5.Spider Man:Homecoming
    6. The Incredible Hulk.

The rest of the Marvel movies are just forgettable. Also, I hope Black Panther is awesome, the trailer looks good.

I think you forgot about Civil War! ;P

Mine would probably be
    1. Captain America: Civil War
    2. The Avengers
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy
    4. Iron Man
    5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    6. Spider-Man: Homecoming
    7. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Saw 'Homecoming' yesterday and enjoyed it quite a bit. My mind wasn't blown, but I liked it a lot. Admittedly, I'm not the biggest fan of Spider-Man or stuff centered on teenagers, but that stuff didn't bother me this time around. Tom Holland is great for the role and exhibits an infectious enthusiasm throughout the story. I'm glad that we didn't get bogged down in too many typical origin story details this time around too - really liked how they chose to open the film instead.

Random notes:
    - Michael Keeton was fantastic in it.
    - The actresses who played Liz and Michelle were great.
    - Enjoyed seeing the connections to the MCU.
    - Jon Favreau and RDJ are always a treat to see on screen, though Spoiler: I wish there had been at least one real fight scene with Iron Man. I get why they didn't though.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    Saw 'Homecoming' yesterday and enjoyed it quite a bit. My mind wasn't blown, but I liked it a lot. Admittedly, I'm not the biggest fan of Spider-Man or stuff centered on teenagers, but that stuff didn't bother me this time around. Tom Holland is great for the role and exhibits an infectious enthusiasm throughout the story. I'm glad that we didn't get bogged down in too many typical origin story details this time around too - really liked how they chose to open the film instead.

Random notes:
    - Michael Keeton was fantastic in it.
    - The actresses who played Liz and Michelle were great.
    - Enjoyed seeing the connections to the MCU.
    - Jon Favreau and RDJ are always a treat to see on screen, though Spoiler: I wish there had been at least one real fight scene with Iron Man. I get why they didn't though.
    Some of the complaints was that it had to much Tony Stark in it, I disagree because I think it had the right amount. Anymore and you lose the vibe of a spider man movie. I noticed how Iron Man arcs are being opened and closed in other MCU movies that arent his. I guess they are trying to apologize for Iron Man 2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I think you forgot about Civil War! ;P

Mine would probably be
    1. Captain America: Civil War
    2. The Avengers
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy
    4. Iron Man
    5. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    6. Spider-Man: Homecoming
    7. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

I am not a fan of Civil War, something was off about it. I did enjoy the Steve/Bucky/Stark story line and the into to spider man. But I thought they didnt do a good job with Zemo, and it felt like another cheap avengers movie, which is why I think I am not a fan of it. I dont know.I want to like it, but I cant lie to myself.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Some of the complaints was that it had to much Tony Stark in it, I disagree because I think it had the right amount. Anymore and you lose the vibe of a spider man movie. I noticed how Iron Man arcs are being opened and closed in other MCU movies that arent his. I guess they are trying to apologize for Iron Man 2 and 3.
    Yeah, like I said, I understand why his role wasn't more significant- the fanboy in me just wanted to see him kick some more ass, more or less. Definitely would have altered the feel of the movie though.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Cate Blanchett looks magnificent.

Last edited by Bachy; 07-22-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I KNOW!!!!! Plus, Hulk looks awesome. Hulk like fire. Raging fire. This looks fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I am not expecting this movie to be good since the other two were awful. But man that hulk stuff has me giddy. I'm in.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bachy View Post
    Cate Blanchett looks magnificent.

They're really trying to make the Thor franchise more like Guardians of the Galaxy, but I think that's 100% okay with me. This looks fantastic. I was already excited for this movie, but now I want to buy my ticket like right now.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I need to know where to get that remix of Magic Sword's In the Face of Evil.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I am not expecting this movie to be good since the other two were awful. But man that hulk stuff has me giddy. I'm in.
    The director is an auteur and he hasn't made a bad movie, this is the first time he's had a big budget. His style shines through in everything we've seen so far, I think it will be great.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    New Thor trailer has my nerd boner at full mast. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    They're really trying to make the Thor franchise more like Guardians of the Galaxy, but I think that's 100% okay with me. This looks fantastic. I was already excited for this movie, but now I want to buy my ticket like right now.
    Comic Thor is basically movie Drax but with thees and thous thrown around.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    The director is an auteur and he hasn't made a bad movie, this is the first time he's had a big budget. His style shines through in everything we've seen so far, I think it will be great.

I keep hearing that about this director, so my hopes are getting up there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I watched the Ragnarok trailer and then immediately watched it again because it was so good. This is going to make me forget that The Dark World was a bit of a letdown.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I keep hearing that about this director, so my hopes are getting up there.
    Put your trust in this man:

Last edited by Dream; 07-30-2017 at 06:30 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Movie looks great but the casting on Valkyrie is all wrong. The woman cast for that character should be much more imposing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    oh my!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Nice.

Who are those people in the middle bottom?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^
    I have no idea. Cap's beard is confusing me.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Found it. Called the "Black Order". The wiki article is a pseudo-spoiler (like you don't know what's going to happen to the bad guys) so I'll leave those parts out:

Thanos' first version[edit]

• Black Dwarf - A member of the Black Order who has super-strength, enhanced density, and impenetrable skin. He is the brother of Corvus Glaive.
    • Corvus Glaive - Thanos' most favored general[10] who has enhanced strength, speed, durability, and endurance and uses a bladed pike which can cut through anything. When Corvus Glaive has the bladed pike in his hand, it makes him immortal.
    • Ebony Maw - A member of the Black Order who has genius-level intellect, specializes in persuasion. Utilizes a teleportation device and force field generator.
    • Proxima Midnight - A member of the Black Order and the wife of Corvus Glaive who is a master hand-to-hand combatant, has super-strength and is nigh impervious. Her lance transforms into unavoidable toxic light beams.
    • Supergiant - A member of the Black Order with telepathic abilities.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    ^^
    I have no idea. Cap's beard is confusing me.
    you spelled "arousing" wrong ;P