Page 46 of 137 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Upfront - in no way am I making an original comment here, but - did you notice the dog barking at the cat in the tree?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    my wife and i gave my dad Logan for fathers day today when we went over to my parents' for dinner. my parents had both seen it but my wife and i hadn't, so we decided to watch it while we were finishing up our food. we got about 45 minutes into the movie (to the behind the scenes at the hospital lab stuff) and had to stop because it was getting too upsetting for my wife, which sucks because she really likes all the other (good) x-men films and was looking forward to watching this one. i may finish it with my dad tomorrow after work. it was pretty great (though, yeah, understandably upsetting) so far.

also, i noticed that marco beltrami (whose scores i've always enjoyed) seems to have been inspired by trent & atticus in his score for Logan, which is very interesting.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    my wife and i gave my dad Logan for fathers day today when we went over to my parents' for dinner. my parents had both seen it but my wife and i hadn't, so we decided to watch it while we were finishing up our food. we got about 45 minutes into the movie (to the behind the scenes at the hospital lab stuff) and had to stop because it was getting too upsetting for my wife, which sucks because she really likes all the other (good) x-men films and was looking forward to watching this one. i may finish it with my dad tomorrow after work. it was pretty great (though, yeah, understandably upsetting) so far.

also, i noticed that marco beltrami (whose scores i've always enjoyed) seems to have been inspired by trent & atticus in his score for Logan, which is very interesting.
    This. I finally saw the movie on Saturday ( bought the blu ray today since I loved it) and my wife ended up not liking it as she thought it was way to depressing. She said it was a well made film but she didn't expect ***********

So now I gotta watch fifty shades darker because I feel bad that I made her watch Logan. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by Conan The Barbarian; 06-20-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Spiderman Homecoming confirmed to have multiple End Credits scenes which are "must see"

And Venom & the Black Cat films ARE part of the Spiderman universe with Tom Holland, but not part of the MCU...confused? Join the club!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    This. I finally saw the movie on Saturday ( bought the blu ray today since I loved it) and my wife ended up not liking it as she thought it was way to depressing. She said it was a well made film but she didn't expect Spoiler: wolverine and professor Xavier to die.

So now I gotta watch fifty shades darker because I feel bad that I made her watch Logan. Wish me luck.
    uh, thanks for the huge spoiler, dude. i very clearly said i didn't finish watching it.
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 06-20-2017 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    ah shit my bad man. I mean, it was known to be Stewarts and Jackmans last run at the roles, which could only mean that. Sorry again.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I cant edit his post though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Confirmed that Carnage will be in Tom Hardy's 'Venom'. Pleeeeeeaaaase don't fuck this up.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Confirmed that Carnage will be in Tom Hardy's 'Venom'. Pleeeeeeaaaase don't fuck this up.
    Whoa! I really hope they don't fuck this up. I loved Venom way back when he first came into the Spiderman series, loved the Maximum Carnage series...this is the ultimate childhood movie for me! To do this right, it definitely has to have a hard R rating, particularly with Carnage and how psychotic he is.

I dig Tom Hardy being cast as Venom, curious to see who will get cast for Carnage. I always remember thinking John C. McGinley would be a good choice, but they may opt for a younger dude now.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I hear Topher Grace is looking for a job.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    about halfway through Iron Fist. it's...fine? idunno. i don't hate it as much as i thought i would, but the really interesting parts are Colleen (and Claire). i don't really care about Danny. he's like lame Batman, except he actually has a superpower (which sort of makes him more lame, since batman does what he does without the aid of a superpower).

i do think it would have been more interesting to have, for example, a chinese-american actor whose character arc could have been essentially the same — his father built a company, he was the heir, plane crash, etc. — and it wouldn't be another case of "eastern enlightenment" for a white guy. plus, finn jones just looks like scruffy/weird leonardo dicaprio.

:: big shrug ::

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    about halfway through Iron Fist. it's...fine? idunno. i don't hate it as much as i thought i would...

:: big shrug ::

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    And now Spiderman isn't part of Venom...

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a7808386.html

FFS i wish Sony and Amy Pascal would make up their minds with this!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    bwahahahaha that cracked me up. oh man, i can't wait for it to get REALLY bad.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

I don't hate it as much as others seem to.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    So hard not to see Ramsay Bolton and not feel like cringing at his presence.

That said, I'm not very versed in the lore of Inhumans comics but this could be entertaining. I don't think it looks amazing but it doesn't necessarily look awful to me. I'll check it out!

I thought Legion would be a mess but it turned out to be brilliant and I'm still digging Agents of Shield, it really turned itself around. The shows however i have no interest in are Cloak and Dagger and that New Warriors one i think they look worse going from the trailers.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    There's a New Warriors trailer? Where the fuck have I been?

I though Cloak & Dagger looked good for the audience it's going for on Freeform. Agree with you about Legion. AoS is watchable, but it drives me crazy how this many seasons in and they have less & less to do with the larger universe. It's such a slap in the face to us fans. I keep hoping a storyline will eventually tie in with the rest of the MCU in some way, but it seems so unlikely.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Who else is seeing Spiderman tomorrow night? SO excited!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So i went to see Spiderman Homecoming today, and i really freaking enjoyed it! It was funny, the characters were all likeable, The vulture is given a surprising amount of depth compared to other Marvel villains and the action scenes were awesome, it was just an all round fun film. In a more geeky point of view i freaking loved all the little references to other hero's/villains, suits and other items in the MCU. They did a good job of not letting the whole MCU ruin what is a solo spidey run whilst also given just enough to keep the film connected.
    Also there's a character Peter's friends with called Michelle, she was my absolute favorite character throughout the film despite not actually doing much, and her final scene with Peter made me excited for the future for these Spidey films.
    Word of advice for the post scene credits, they're only worth staying for if you're a patient person

Now Sony, if you would just STOP with this whole "we want our own cinematic universe of spiderman without spiderman". Just work with Marvel and you'll be onto a good thing.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I have so many things I want to say about this movie, but I don't want to get into too many specifics/spoilers until later in the weekend. I echo @Haysey in that i absolutely LOVED it. I only have small, comic book nerd nitpicks. The acting was top notch, esp. Tom Holland in two of the very serious scenes, and of course Keaton throughout the movie. Harrier was great as Liz. The tie-ins with the larger MCU were great and sustained.

The set pieces! Part. the one in the middle of the movie not involving a villain...that was my favorite. I love that they pulled Bokeem Woodbine out of nowhere...I've loved him since Clockers. Still don't like the Marissa Tomei casting at all, but she was fine I guess. The kid who plays Ned is fantastic and has alot of good lines. Didn't enjoy the casting choice of the kid from Grand Budapest Hotel as Flash, but that whole angle on the HS kids comes from the Ultimate universe so thats fine I guess. All of those HS scenes felt real, and lived in. Great rapport between all the kids. The diversity wasn't forced...seemed like how a school for super smart kids in Queens NYC would be like in 2017. Martin Starr had some good lines as their debate teacher, and it was nice to see him not playing a pothead/loser.

That last cut scene....oh man. Gold. I'll get into the spoilery stuff/plot points on Sunday.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Anyone see that twist coming? I sure didn't. Well played.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I ended up seeing it tonight, too! Thought it was awesome. I've never wanted to stand up and yell "YEAH, FUCKIN, C'MON SPIDER-MAN!" so badly in my life, hah. Tom Holland is probably my favorite on-screen Spider-Man so far, Michael Keaton is a fucking COOL Marvel villain, and a little Spoiler: Donald Glover cameo being slipped in there was a really cool little thing I didn't know about until like an hour before the movie.

Saw it in 3D, too, and thought this was probably the best looking 3D I've seen in a movie so far. Very well done!
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 07-07-2017 at 01:40 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Anyone see that twist coming? I sure didn't. Well played.
    I didn't, and i enjoyed it all the more for it

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This whole MJ thing is completely fucking stupid. Something about producing a spiderman movie apparently just turns your brain into mush

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    This whole MJ thing is completely fucking stupid. Something about producing a spiderman movie apparently just turns your brain into mush
    Meaning you don't like the casting choice (I thought Zendaya was funny in the role as written, but don't agree with casting her as MJ), or just that the drama surrounding her not being the traditionally beautiful, buxom, redheaded annoys you?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Meaning you don't like the casting choice (I thought Zendaya was funny in the role as written, but don't agree with casting her as MJ), or just that the drama surrounding her not being the traditionally beautiful, buxom, redheaded annoys you?
    i didn't even pick up that she's supposed to be mary jane, she seemed like a completely unique character to me (and a fucking hilarious/awesome one at that).

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSS

she "reveals" herself at the end of the movie.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The thing that bothers me is that Spoiler: her name is Michelle Jones. MJ is supposed to be Mary Jane Watson. Why change the name but still try to make her MJ?! I mean, make her a new unrelated character, or keep her damn name the same. I liked her in the movie, but if they wanted her to be MJ, just make her be MJ. I'm getting tired of movies trying to keep a role a secret and doing a terrible job at it (e.g. Khan in Star Trek Into Darkness, Blofeld in SPECTRE, Talia al Ghul AND "Robin" in The Dark Knight Rises). It's a minor gripe, though. I loved the movie. It fit into the MCU perfectly, didn't overuse Stark/Happy/other MCU tie-ins, and Spidey behaved the way I've wanted to see him for the first time on the big screen. I like the Raimi movies a lot, but they're pretty heavy on cheesy and sappy dialogue and Tobey MaGuire is probably my least favorite Spider-Man. Andrew Garfield was better and I loved Emma Stone as Gwen Stacey, but the Amazing Spider-Man movies just weren't that good and their villains SUCKED – especially Electro, which is a shame because Jamie Foxx is typically a great actor. I blame those two movies' mediocrity on the writing and directing, rather than the actors. Also, they (like Batman v Superman) tried to cram way too many universe-building things into the movie instead of trying to just make a good movie that can stand on its own without having to constantly be referencing the planned Sinister Six spin-off/sequel that never even fucking happened.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 07-10-2017 at 11:33 AM. Reason: spoiler tags

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSS

she "reveals" herself at the end of the movie.
    no, i know. i mean, even with that, i didn't pick it up.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm too lazy to type a big thing, but I kinda have the same gripe with that, and the "Robin" thing was another example that comes to mind. If you're gonna put a character in, then do it - but if you're just gonna "kiiinda" have a character in, just go all in and make them that character. Otherwise you create a situation where people are forever saying "so and so is in the movie!" "Yeah, well, not reeeally though."