Page 54 of 137 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 4092

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Annnnd now Gore Verbinski has dropped out of directing Gambit. Movie never getting made...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Annnnd now Gore Verbinski has dropped out of directing Gambit. Movie never getting made...
    I'm not the most negative person in the world but...

GOOD! I never bought Channeling Tantrum as Remy LeBeau.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    At least we still get Deadpool 2 on May 18th.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Slightly worried by the New Mutants new release date. It was due in a few months and now it's Feb next year...that's quite a delay on what must be an all but finished film? If it's going for the horror angle why not move it to October?

Happy about the new Deadpool date though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Slightly worried by the New Mutants new release date. It was due in a few months and now it's Feb next year...that's quite a delay on what must be an all but finished film? If it's going for the horror angle why not move it to October?

Happy about the new Deadpool date though.
    I read somewhere that their reasoning was that they wanted to add more horror elements because horror has been popular lately (the example given was It). That seemed a bit like damage control to me and the real reason is probably re-shoots to try to elevate it from a mediocre movie into a decent movie.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    iTunes mixup leads to Thor: Ragnarok leaking online early.

For those...so inclined to look for it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    iTunes mixup leads to Thor: Ragnarok leaking online early.

For those...so inclined to look for it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    finally gave Ragnarok a spin and I have to say this is in my Top-5 Marvel movies right now. Seems that I enjoy the otherworldly outings way more than the usual Avengers stuff. And while I was never a huge Hulk fan I especially enjoyed Ruffalo's role in this one a lot, while Hemsworth finally could shine after his character has been set up rather lousy and uninspired. Loved the humor in it, the Guardians of the Galaxy links and pacing. It has some flaws and some strange scenes that seemed out of place or goofy, yet again I was thouroughly entertained for two hours. Together with the soundtrack this was a joyfull and fresh ride.

This has me hugely excited about Black Panther as I didn't quite enjoy Spiderman, Dr Strange and Civil War as much as everbody else has.

My ranking right now:

1. Iron Man
    2. Guardians of the Galaxy
    3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    4. Thor Ragnarok
    5. Civil War

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Early reactions to Black Panther are good...very good, which is awesome!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    looks better than the first somehow but Ant-Man as a character has me zero interested. I suppose this one might turn out diasspointing with Thor last year and Black Panther as well Infinity War around the corner.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I've been reading these tweets for Black Panther and one person described it as James Bond meets the Lion King. Fuck..... I think this film might be better than people expect it to be. I wanna keep low expectations for this.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    - that trailer looks great. Let's just hope Ant-Man doesn't beat the everloving shit out of Wasp in the MCU. Loved the first one, will probably love this one.

- watched Thor 3 again tonight, this time with the missus. She loved it, and I still completely lost my shit when Korg said the pamphlets line. I also forgot about all the cameos during the little theatre scene, so seeing that again was excellent. Was really able to take in all the Kirby influenced design in this the 2nd time around. Man they did such a great job with it.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 02-03-2018 at 01:17 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Guardians Of The Galaxy 1 & 2, Ant-Man, and Spider-Man: Homecoming are my favorite of the Marvel movies. I can watch those anytime and enjoy them. As for the rest, it's hit or miss for me. Captain America: Civil War, Doctor Strange, and Iron Man 1 were decent, not amazing. I didn't like the first or second Thor movies, but I haven't seen Raganok. The Avengers movies are okay. Will eventually watch Raganok and Black Panther whenever they happen to be on TV. The Vulture has so far been the best Marvel villain on screen. Many of the villains are underwritten and fall into the usual two dimensional "Aargh! I'm a villain! Look at me, I'm a villain!" and not much more. Hopefully they pull off Thanos and make him a real villain. They've been building him up for so long, hoping they can deliver something more interesting than just Josh Brolin being all "Aargh! I'm a villain! Look at me, I'm a villain!". Vincent D'Onofrio's Kingpin on Netflix's Daredevil was a well done villain. I like when a villain has depth. The Vulture and Kingpin had that.
    Last edited by neorev; 01-31-2018 at 12:43 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    ...and there's a facebook group arranging a review bomb on Rotten Tomatoes of Black Panther the day it's out because...people are fucking pathetic? It's Marvel vs DC so you have to pick a side for some stupid reason?

*sigh*

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    ...and there's a facebook group arranging a review bomb on Rotten Tomatoes of Black Panther the day it's out because...people are fucking pathetic? It's Marvel vs DC so you have to pick a side for some stupid reason?

*sigh*
    because...people are fucking racist

fixed that for you.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Some of column A, some of column B. Stupid and pathetic either way. Especially because they haven't seen it and have no intentions of doing so.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    It depresses me that people do this. I thought by now most of us would be over this kind of narrow minded bullshit!

On a lighter note i have my ticket for after work on Feb 13th and i for one am looking forward to actually seeing it, unlike some fucking cunts.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Can't these DCEU fanboys find something else to target like those awful Fifty Shades movies?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Can't these DCEU fanboys find something else to target like those awful Fifty Shades movies?
    I'll be honest i forgot the latest film was even coming out! We (in the UK) have got so many other good films out Valentines week (The Shape of Water, Black Panther, Lady Bird etc) and the other 2 being so forgettable i can't imagine anyone's going to see it. I mean my sister is the films target demographic, she loves sexy romantic films, loved the books, probably has some kind of kink knowing our family and loves even the worst films (Grease 2...seriously) and she was done with them after the first film...i've somewhat deviated from the topic.

I'm look forward to Black Panther, screw anyone who's hating it because of being a racist/fan boy

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Yea that makes the news, but no one covers the story where real dc fans just donated to send kids from brooklyn to see the movie to retaliate against the fraction of those so called fans.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    from Black Panther Sdtk:

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Damn it Tony, leave Doc's spells alone!

Also: GROOOOOOOOOT!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is that G.W. Bridge and Shatterstar in the Deadpool 2 trailer? Holy shitballs.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Ha, Sheriff Deadpool.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    ^^^ that was great

i am so much more excited to see josh brolin as cable than as thanos :/

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I wonder if they will bring up Cable's parents, I doubt it as Fox has no clue on lineage in the xmen movies.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    I have a slight feeling this might be Marvel's most fleshed out villain in the end. Yet I'm reserving my judgement until I've seen Black Panther.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First trailer tomorrow.