Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137
Results 4,081 to 4,096 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    That's the only thing I'd say was bad about it, that and the way it sort of incidentally, accidentally villifies basically all other Spider-Men than miles
    AND it also puts Miles on the supervillain path in the "I care so much about my family I'll defend them against everyone!" strain of things...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    AND it also puts Miles on the supervillain path in the "I care so much about my family I'll defend them against everyone!" strain of things...
    Maybe, I do think it's a superhero movie more concerned with grey areas than others in the genre, which is one of its strengths

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Taking a step back from the plot for a moment...

So, "all" the other Spidey's have "the same" canon events and the right spider bit the right hero. Okay, I can go with that.
    But if Miles "is a mistake" then why does he need to have "the same" canon events? Seems to me like it's a different story (which, is the point of Across... but the other Spidey's haven't clued into that being all rigid in their POV... or so it seems)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Taking a step back from the plot for a moment...

So, "all" the other Spidey's have "the same" canon events and the right spider bit the right hero. Okay, I can go with that.
    But if Miles "is a mistake" then why does he need to have "the same" canon events? Seems to me like it's a different story (which, is the point of Across... but the other Spidey's haven't clued into that being all rigid in their POV... or so it seems)
    You have to roll with these kinds of conditions, or its going to be to hard to deal with the multiverse setting. although it seems like they've set up the third movie to tackle some of these ideas, including the idea that there would probably also be infinite miles and gwens, etc.

But I hear you, like a time travel story this is the kind of sci-fi that is best kept away from a microscope as far as it's mechanics are concerned

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Umm, what?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    they fired him and he deleted his social media. something's brewing behind the scenes.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    What indeed....
    (side note, some of the voice actors are coming the local con next month and my beloved stupidly happy, in a good way. about it)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    So X-Men 97 is super good! I wasn't expecting much, but now I'm really excited for the rest of the series

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    yes, the X-Men 97 episodes were incredible!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Really enjoyed the first two episodes. Seems like this is going to be really well done.

apparently Demayo got fired for putting up an explicitly video on his onlyfans recently. No comment on the act itself but given it’s Disney and your show running a cartoon I don’t think you be too surprised that was the result if so.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

OKAY THEN...major major arachnophobia warning on this one. My skin is crawling.
    Last edited by allegate; 03-27-2024 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Last edited by allegate; 03-27-2024 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Soo, to my recollection, wasn't Norrin Radd appointed the role of Silver Surfer, before Shalla-Bal?? They're lovers in the comics... I like the casting choice, but I'm a tad confused.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My guess is that they decided that gender does not matter in casting Silver Surfer, since masculinity is not a theme that is important in the character's portrayal. Using Shalla Bal's name is probably preferable over genderbending Norrin Radd.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Could also be that Norrin Radd shows up anyway.
    In the alternate continuity of Earth X and Universe X, Shalla-Bal, Norrin's lover and the empress of Zenn-La, is depicted as joining him as a second Silver Surfer, both serving as the twin-heralds of the second Galactus.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    X-Men movie placed on the production schedule for late 2025