Page 67 of 137 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,010 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Infinity War comes out July 31. This is going to look great in 4k.
    August 14 for Blu-ray, July 31 for digital

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Well that tweet was misleading. Damnit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Well that tweet was misleading. Damnit
    Yeah, I really wish there was a way to pre-order the physical Blu-Ray/4K movie and get the digital code emailed to you when the digital release happens. I usually like to buy movies on blu-ray so I can borrow it to a friend or take it to someone else's house to watch it and I hate having to wait an extra two weeks for the physical release when it's already out on digital. First world problems, but still, kinda sucks.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Yeah, I really wish there was a way to pre-order the physical Blu-Ray/4K movie and get the digital code emailed to you when the digital release happens. I usually like to buy movies on blu-ray so I can borrow it to a friend or take it to someone else's house to watch it and I hate having to wait an extra two weeks for the physical release when it's already out on digital. First world problems, but still, kinda sucks.
    I personally hate the digital first then physical later business model. Just release it all.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I personally hate the digital first then physical later business model. Just release it all.
    That would of course be the ideal way to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I feel like it has something to do with having people own all this digital media and then potentially revoking licenses later. But I'm cynical this morning.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I would be way into digital ownership but it seems like they don't really do 4k yet and more importantly no service has become especially dominant yet so it just doesn't feel as reliable as it should

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Agents of SHIELD finale was disappointing to me. They completely pussied out on the Infinity War tie-in they previously hyped up, and the next mini-season won't come out till after Avengers 4 is out, meaning they will most likely not address the deaths/resurrections at all. That is kind of confirmed by the vague answers the showrunners gave in an interview with EW also. LAME!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Agents of SHIELD finale was disappointing to me. They completely pussied out on the Infinity War tie-in they previously hyped up, and the next mini-season won't come out till after Avengers 4 is out, meaning they will most likely not address the deaths/resurrections at all. That is kind of confirmed by the vague answers the showrunners gave in an interview with EW also. LAME!
    agreed, but it still made me cry.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I would be way into digital ownership but it seems like they don't really do 4k yet and more importantly no service has become especially dominant yet so it just doesn't feel as reliable as it should
    That and the data caps. You can't have it both ways, Universal/Comcast.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Rumor: Jake Gyllenhaal is in talks to play Mysterio for Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel: https://www.thewrap.com/spider-man-h...ng-2-mysterio/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    agreed, but it still made me cry.
    There's alot of good acting on the shows these days. The guy who plays Fitz does a great job.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Rumor: Jake Gyllenhaal is in talks to play Mysterio for Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel: https://www.thewrap.com/spider-man-h...ng-2-mysterio/
    Apparently confirmed now. https://t.co/Sx2FRSj445

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    First Synopsis for Avengers 4 Released

“A culmination of 22 interconnected films, the fourth installment of the Avengers saga will draw audiences to witness the turning point of this epic journey. Our beloved heroes will truly understand how fragile this reality is and the sacrifices that must be made to uphold it.”

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Apparently confirmed now. https://t.co/Sx2FRSj445
    He's confirmed to be "in talks" to play Mysterio. Either way, I think he'd be great as the character and I've been saying for years that they should use Mysterio for a villain and do a mind-bending "what's real and what isn't?" kind of story with him. I think it has all kinds of potential to be awesome. Maybe Spidey can team up with Dr. Strange instead of Iron Man this time to level the reality-warping playing field!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    To quote Kevin Smith: "Stop writing better movies than what we're getting!"

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    To quote Kevin Smith: "Stop writing better movies than what we're getting!"
    wait, what?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    wait, what?
    Perhaps do a Google search eh? Doesn’t require much effort.

Kevin Smith wrote super cool movie scripts for abandoned projects such ad Superman Lives... each time the studios dumbed down his ideas or completely changed them
    Last edited by Victor Newman; 05-22-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm watching the first Vemgers movie and I had totally forgotten about that inane subplot where a secret cabal of avengers financial backers' attempts to nuke Manhattan..... Wtf???

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Newman View Post
    Perhaps do a Google search eh? Doesn’t require much effort.

Kevin Smith wrote super cool movie scripts for abandoned projects such ad Superman Lives... each time the studios dumbed down his ideas or completely changed them
    one again, you fail to grasp the point of being on a discussion board; it's to have discussions! i realize i could have googled it, but i figured it'd be more fun for someone here who knew to tell me about it so i could learn something from a fellow movie fan. instead, i got condescended to by a guy who continues to alienate people by being an insufferable jerk, so thanks for that.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    one again, you fail to grasp the point of being on a discussion board; it's to have discussions! i realize i could have googled it, but i figured it'd be more fun for someone here who knew to tell me about it so i could learn something from a fellow movie fan. instead, i got condescended to by a guy who continues to alienate people by being an insufferable jerk, so thanks for that.
    And wrong to boot!

It's something that he says to Marc Bernardin a lot when they're discussing films on Fatman on Batman. Marc will have an idea for where he thinks a movie should go and that's what Kevin says.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just finished watching Inhumans, and I feel like I might be one of very few.

I’m thankful that it was only 8 episodes in length.

Did anybody else catch it?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Iron Fist was painful enough. Why would I do that to myself? I'm not the guy in the Broken film.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Of all the Marvel properties that have been adapted for TV, Inhumans looked like the worst one BY FAR and that includes Agents of SHIELD (could only watch the first 2 episodes before bailing on that).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Of all the Marvel properties that have been adapted for TV, Inhumans looked like the worst one BY FAR and that includes Agents of SHIELD (could only watch the first 2 episodes before bailing on that).
    I love Agents of Shield. The show gets so much better after the first season.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    I love Agents of Shield. The show gets so much better after the first season.
    I have heard that before, but man, the first 2 or 3 episodes that I watched did nothing for me. I almost wanted to give it another try when they introduced Ghost Rider (even though I'd rather it be the Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch version). I never watched the Agent Carter show either and I'd honestly rather check that out. I'm currently still slowly working my way through Jessica Jones season 2 (I loved season 1, but season 2 is kinda boring). I really want to see season 2 of Legion, but I don't have the means to watch it legally right now, so maybe later. What I'm really looking forward to is Daredevil season 3 and The Punisher season 2. I'll probably check out season 2 of Luke Cage too, but that show didn't hold my interest as much (still better than Iron Fist, though).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    @sonic_discord Agent Carter is the best thing that has come out of the marvel universe on the small screen and i'm still furious that it got canceled, especially with the way season 2 ended.

i have loved every season of Agents of SHIELD (honestly, because of the characters, to whom i am very attached), but will admit that the first one had a few issues. also, ghost rider was fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe I have always been interested in seeing Agent Carter (I really liked her character), I just have yet to get around to it. When I'm done watching some of the other shows I've started, perhaps someday I will try to make it to season 2 of Agents of SHIELD, but no promises there.

As for The Defenders (while we're talking Marvel shows), I was really excited for that and when it finally came, I must say that it was a bit of a letdown. It was still worth watching to see more of Daredevil and Jessica Jones, if nothing else, but I'd expected it would do for the Marvel/Netflix shows what The Avengers had done for the MCU when Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, & Thor (plus Hawkeye and Black Widow) joined forces for the first time on the silver screen. Instead, it was like Iron Fist season 1.5 featuring Jessica Jones, Daredevil, and Luke Cage with low-budget fight scenes. I'm not sure what happened there, but every character was more interesting in their own series. Unlike The Avengers (which succeeded in a dizzying fashion), The Defenders failed to live up to the hype and the whole was certainly not equal to the sum of its parts.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Deadpool 2 was fun and hilarious! Every bit as funny as the first. I've seen many people bitching that the movie isn't as good as the first, but I'd say it's pretty on par with its predecessor, overall.
    I was very happy that this movie made me laugh with some very dark humour and immature comedy. Overall though, DP1 had me laughing way more.

To me, DP1 was a better film, but DP2 did a damn good job of throwing in new twists and surprising moments that cracked me up. DP2 is well worth seeing.

One criticism would be the new zealander youth.. most of his comedy falls flat... except for when he invisible rope pulls himself out of one scene. His dramatic moments are good though.

the baby legs part fell flat as well. I also couldnt understand why it took dp so long to grow back his limbs. Bullet wounds and getting his skull bashed in and his body broken and contorted healed way more quickly. I get that loss of limbs would take longer... but for me, the limbs should have grown back faster than they did.. just put in the movie for a baby legs joke scene.

love what they did with the ending... don’t leave the theatre until the credits are over

also the discussion between the “rednecks” about ass-wiping habits made me chuckle

DP1: 88%

DP2: 74%
    Last edited by Victor Newman; 05-26-2018 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Scores

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Absolutely loved Deadpool 2. The post-credit scenes were golden.

Spoiler: The use of the Logan score when Deadpool was dying was done to perfection