Page 59 of 137 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Scratch that, Wife got her mom to watch little Leia for opening weekned saturday! Here we go!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Alright, I have zero frame of reference as far as the comics go. Absolutely none. What would I want to read to get some context for Infinity War over the next month?

Not necessarily needing a full rundown, but I'd be content reading what pertains to Infinity War and then branching from there.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Just read the infinity gauntlet story. Im sure everything the pull off that will be taken from there.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    rumor's rumbling dead pool2 screening didn't go well re shoots planned. could they be turning into dc under Disney? we'll see
    -Louie

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    No, because Disney doesn't own them yet.

edit:

Which is worse: Too much death (they kill off too many favorites) or too little?
    Last edited by allegate; 03-16-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That trailer was fucking awesome. Holy Motherfuck.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    They’re really pressing that not everyone is getting out alive.

It’s my understanding that Evans, RDJ, Scarlet, and Ruffalo’s contracts all end with this Avengers story (so theoretically there could be deaths in the next movie too). Maybe one or all of them have signed new contracts but who knows? I tend to believe this will be it for Rogers and Stark.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    They’re really pressing that not everyone is getting out alive.

It’s my understanding that Evans, RDJ, Scarlet, and Ruffalo’s contracts all end with this Avengers story (so theoretically there could be deaths in the next movie too). Maybe one or all of them have signed new contracts but who knows? I tend to believe this will be it for Rogers and Stark.
    Actually, I heard Scar-Jo 3:16 still might go for that Black Widow solo film. I just hope those characters at least go out fighting. I'm scared though for Steve Rogers as I know this might be his last battle.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Holy Hawkeye is still missing because Spoiler: he is taking on the Ronin persona, presumably. that was awesome!

Quill, you poor, naive, and clueless soul: arguing with Tony Stark is pointless. But it will be fun to see you try.

Cap, you're an awesome man. It was fantastic to know you. Don't worry; your BFF Bucky will make a great Captain America. He's held your beloved shield so many times already. And if Tony dies too, there's no reason why he can't have it.

Also: give me that movie already damn it!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Holy Hawkeye is still missing because Spoiler: he is taking on the Ronin persona, presumably. that was awesome!
    But surely the actor's name would still be listed in the credits at the bottom, right? I'm thinking he has a small cameo in this one, most likely alluding to or introducing the spoiler you mentioned, and then he (along with Ant-Man, Wasp, and Captain Marvel) will have more substantial roles in Avengers 4.

Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Quill, you poor, naive, and clueless soul: arguing with Tony Stark is pointless. But it will be fun to see you try.
    The interaction between these two is one of the ones I'm most looking forward to as well! I also think Thor will fit in perfectly with the Guardians – especially after Ragnarok.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    High-res versions of the poster:
    Vertical
    Horizontal

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ok. I'm hyped now about the Avengers, took me a while, but I'm hooked. looks epic.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

-louie

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post

-louie
    ???

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Ha, Stan the Man's in the back. Hawkeye's represented both on the TV and on the teamwork poster - Save a seat - and Ant-Man and the Wasp are on the arrow as well.

And what's up with the Christ imagery for Tony? Both posters have it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

That's awesome.

Last edited by allegate; 03-19-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

It's The Last Supper, my friend. Tony/Jesus is going to die to save all humans after being betrayed by Loki/Judas. And then he'll resurrect 3 days later, thus becoming ZombieTony.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    heh, I snorted at that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Ha, Stan the Man's in the back. Hawkeye's represented both on the TV and on the teamwork poster - Save a seat - and Ant-Man and the Wasp are on the arrow as well.

Maybe he will sacrifice himself to save the other Avengers? That's definitely possible, maybe even probable, given the stakes in the movie, the fulfilled status of the RDJ's contract, and the general "Not everyone makes it out of this alive" vibe they've been strongly hinting towards. I definitely noticed it as well, though this poster appears to be fan art by BossLogic, rather than officially sanctioned artwork created by someone affiliated with Marvel Studios. The Thor: Ragnarok poster shares a lot of similarities, including the messianic pose/Christ pose, albeit slightly less overt.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah but even the official one has RDJ in a - I'm sorry for this - Jesus Christ Pose.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I was wondering where was M'Baku. So he really is a vegetarian. I love that guy. They should be Nakia and a photo of Pietro Maximoff in that picture. Where's Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Sharon Carter, and a picture of Peggy Carter and Captain America's old team?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    does anyone besides me still watch Agents of SHIELD? because this whole season has been fantastic so far. currently watching the most recent episode.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    this whole season has been fantastic so far. currently watching the most recent episode.
    We watch in this household. Looking forward to each new episode (and we're working out way through JJ S2 and Runaways right now as well)

"Thanks grandpa..."

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'm one episode behind on SHIELD. Really enjoying the curtain call they're whipping out this season.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    New Deadpool trailer

Plus all the re-shoots weren't apparently due to bad test audience reactions (apparently they scored it higher then the first film!?) but to add more Domino and Cable scenes and to add a 'secret' cameo...maybe an Avenger???

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Dammit you beat me by a Minute

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    There are so many local Vancouver landmarks and streets in that trailer it almost felt weird lol.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I dont know, I probably will wait till a digital rental on this one.