Page 62 of 137 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 72 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,860 of 4096

Thread: The Marvel Thread - Multiverses and other Shenanigans

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The best thing about that is that Kevin broke the social media embargo, and included a picture to prove it hahaha

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Huh. Considering how much he talked about how they accommodated his seeing the movie in NY, maybe he shouldn't have done that.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I now know all the spoilers for Infinity War. We are in for one heck of a ride, my friends. Be ready!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I’ve watched the Venom trailer a few more times. I can’t wait for this.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I haven't been this excited for a movie since Star Wars VII (or maybe Civil War). And now to stay away from this threat until Thursday night...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'll be seeing it this time tomorrow, so see you all tomorrow

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Great, now I know it's longer than two hours. Geez, spoilers!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I thought that Venom itself looked pretty good in the trailer. Everything else was pretty terrible. And what type of American is Tom Hardy supposed to sound like exactly? He sounds ridiculous & it was extremely oft-putting.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I thought that Venom itself looked pretty good in the trailer. Everything else was pretty terrible. And what type of American is Tom Hardy supposed to sound like exactly? He sounds ridiculous & it was extremely oft-putting.
    I was almost entirely on board until the ridiculous looking motorcycle scene. I have a feeling it will have glimpses of pure awesomeness and what the fuck were they thinking moments. There are rumors of Carnage and other symbiotes that may appear...still intriguing to say the least.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I just saw Infinity War...

​HOLY FUCK!!!!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I just saw Infinity War...

​HOLY FUCK!!!!!!
    Im jealous. Ughhh work is crawling by today. 7 hours to go until my butt's in the theater seat. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK so i have some things i need to talk about with you all once you've seen it, so this'll be a spoiler heavy post...ready?

Opening Act
    Spoiler: Holy FUCK, what a start! I did not see the death of Loki, least not this early! And something that occured after i saw it...where was Korg and Valkyrie? They didn't show them, were they just killed off screen? Valkyrie seemed like a big character in Ragnarok to just kill off screen. Maybe she survived in space? Picked up by the original Guardians maybe? (we saw they regrouped in GotG 2)

Thanos
    Spoiler: We that was one of the BEST villians for a very long time, holy shit Josh Brolin was on form, even if he was just a CGI monster. The whole film was basically his! And the bit with Gameroa (again didn't see her dying either!) was very good which brings me too...

Cameos
    Spoiler: HOLY SHIT ITS THE FUCKING RED SKULL FUCK ME!!!!!!!!!! I actually gasped loudly when i saw him! Is he going to have a bigger role in Caps last outing in next years Avengers? I hope so!

The action
    Spoiler: YES YES YES, the action and fight scenes were on point! I really loved the bits with Spidey's Iron Spider armour and the bits with Dr Strange. Also the bits with Thor and his stormbreaker were ace!

The ending
    Spoiler: ...they did it, i can't believe they actually DID IT! Thonas won...i mean...fuck!!!! Almost all the Guardians, Spidey, Strange, Falcon, Black Panther, Scarlett Witch, fuck i might be missing some!!! I need to see this all again to take it all in...fuck, i can't believe they actually ended with that...fucking bravo Marvel!!!

Post Credits
    Spoiler: WELL WELL WELL, i assumed they tease Captain Marvel but they really made it out like she was Fury's trump card and, considering how powerful over heros were like the Hulk, that she is the most powerful of all the hero's...I'M SUPER EXCITED NOW!

What was missing
    Spoiler: They off hand mentioned Thanos had already destroyed Nova Corps on Xander, i'd have liked to have at least seen that. Does this mean we won't get Nova in these films? Ant man and Hawkeye were also mentioned as being away...probably setting them up for the big mother of all team ups next year. Also the fact there were 2 teams (Thor, Rocket and Groot switched between each) that didn't get to interact probably means they're saving it for next year again...i mean if they bring most of them back? They'll find a way for Spidey and Black Panther, as well as 'most' of the Guardians...but fuck...i'm still reeling from Loki and Gameroa...i'm not sure they'll be coming back! And they need to make some of these deaths stick, otherwise it kinda nulls the whole films impact!

Anyway those are my intentional thoughts...i'm going to see it again this weekend, i need to pick up what i missed!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I'm not hovering over those black bars...I'm not hovering over those black bars...I'm not hovering over those black bars...

I'm going to close this page now.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I'm not hovering over those black bars...I'm not hovering over those black bars...I'm not hovering over those black bars...

I'm going to close this page now.
    I read 'em all, don't give a fuck, heh. ^^' In all honesty I'm still super into this for the spectacle and I'm 1000% sure I'll still be entertained, but the spoilers I've read here and elsewhere are more or less in line with what I expected.

MILD spoiler, no details, I promise, but hidden in case you're trying to go in 100% cold - Spoiler: Some of the "shock" of the surprises is being nullified by the fact that SO many movies featuring certain characters have been announced already, but we'll see how all that plays out in the next couple years!

VVVVV Agreed.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 04-26-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Yeah, seriously, don't.

Spoiler: Are we really getting worked up over those deaths - even the earlier ones in the film? There's no way they're killing off Black Panther or Spiderman after one film, so we can assume that there will be a reversal of some or all of these deaths in the next film. Personally I thought it was so heavily telegraphed that it left the film feeling a bit anticlimactic - it's downbeat, but we know where it's going. All seemed a bit pointless.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Bought the very last ticket to the 7:00 show tonight. Not even a bad seat. Leggooo!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Dude. It was fucking AWESOME. I might have a new favorite MCU movie. Top 3 for sure.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 04-26-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Okay. There's a LOT there. And honestly, what makes it all work together is a decade of world and character building. It felt like I was watching a live-action comic book for two and a half hours. Bra-fucking-vo.

Personally, though, my FAVORITE moment was Spoiler: Thanos pinning down The Collector (Benicio Del Toro, of course) and saying "Where. Is. The. Stone?" A FUCKING SNATCH REFERENCE? HOW AM I THE ONLY PERSON IN THE THEATER THAT LAUGHED AT THAT?? What a fucking smooth and relatively obscure pull.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Fucking YouTube's stupid algorithm in their recommendations spoiled a death for me. Fuck. I already got my ticket for Sunday and I'm trying to not watch or read anything and their stupid algorithm fucked it up for me.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Man they really finally fixed the problem where Thor was the most boring Avenger to watch really love his vfx since Ragnarok

Spoiler: I'm assuming that Dr. Strange's 1 successful timeline involved him giving up the stone. Obviously he knows something every one else does not.

Spiderman is always so fun to watch in these movies. Loved the iron spider suit! But he should have walked away with the symbiote. That's how they could have done venom right.

Also as crazy as this was still no where near the cosmic insanity of the comic... The goddess of death thing was way cooler than Thanos' motivations in this

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    See i've been thinking about this alot (and i'm going to re-watch it tomorrow) so here's my take...

Spoiler: So the deaths at the end by thanos where the crumble, i fully expect them to be brought back (mainly as we know Black Panther, Dr Stange and Spidey have more movies) it's the deaths NOT by him that i find really interesting. Loki, heimdall, Gamora and Vison...considering how they died i don't expect any of the characters to come back, not if they want to ruin any emotional weight from this film. Maybe due to Thanos love for gamora they might find a way for her to return, but i expect for that to happen we'll see other hero's go for good in the 4th Avengers. Cap i fully expect to sacrifice himself to bring everyone back, maybe even Stark (after the make up obviously) or maybe even Stark just retiring and becoming the new Fury for the new hero's like he is with Peter. Thor is another one i think 'might' go in the next one, he is as powerful as he'll ever get now, and he has lost EVERYTHING (again Loki needs to stay dead, as much as i love the Tom's character) and i'm not sure what else they can do with him, other then having him teaming up with Beta Ray Bill for something...we'll see.
    @Wretchedest
    Spoiler: Yep i completely agree, Strange KNOWS something, they're is no way he'd have just accepted defeat like that, he is too smart for that! He has seen Avengers 4 already!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Sorry for all the spoiler posts everyone, i just really needed to talk to someone!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Sorry for all the spoiler posts everyone, i just really needed to talk to someone!
    Not at all.

Everyone - I have thrown the "spoiler" label on this thread since the movie is now out. At this point, you're entering this thread because you've seen Avengers (I haven't yet because I'm seeing it tomorrow at noon). This means you can post without using the spoiler bars.

I'm not debating this in case anyone gets a stick in their craw about it - I've done this before with other big movie and television threads so fair warning to all.

Talk away!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Ya, this was flat out fucking excellent.

The action, the pacing, the comedy, all superbly timed. Shit eating grin from ear to ear for basically the whole thing.

I loved that final shot so god damn much.

Wow... just.. such an impressive achievement.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Who else noticed that the original six Avengers (from the MCU) made it out alive? Interesting, isn't it?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    Who else noticed that the original six Avengers (from the MCU) made it out alive? Interesting, isn't it?
    Yeah i noticed that, maybe paving the way for the 'real' deaths in the 4th one. I fully expect the 'crumbled' deaths to be reversed, maybe at the cost of the old guard. The deaths not by crumble however i expect to be permanent. Also the 2 teams (apart from Rocket, Thor and Groot who fort on both teams) didn't fight together, maybe alluding to the 4th being the one where everyone is together...(in some cases for the last time)
    @valiantsteed agreed, i haven't felt that dizzy on excitement in a film for awhile. I'm also so happy Thanos didn't end up being another CGI bore villain, and had actual meat on his character and performance!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Dude, Thanos was the coolest. Brolin fucking killed it! Probably my favorite villain we've seen so far, no longer just "the main big bad one."

I've also never heard so many people go "OH FUCK, HOLY SHIT" so many times in a movie. And everyone seemed to know when it was time to freak out and when it was time to be quiet. Excellent movie to see with a theater full of like-minded fans. I'm actually happy I saw this with a packed theater rather than waiting a week or two for the crowds to thin out. Doesn't happen very often!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    saw it today. I'll keep it brief: couldn't stop laughing at Thanos because to me, he looked like Bruce Willis.

otherwise, good movie, if a bit predictable, especially the ending. (for me, anyway) .

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Ok so I have a question that perhaps you guys can answer.
    The Mrs and I have never been into Marvel properties in general, but have REALLY dug the outings of Captain America, Deadpool, and Guardians of the Galaxy.
    So can we, should we, just watch this one? If not, which ones should we watch first?
    I'm probably not going to watch all of them (although I MIGHT at some point, that's not the point of my question here.)

What would you hardcore fans say are the most important pieces of the story so far?